Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You don't need to have everything T4 to do anything. Take the earlier ubers slow and you can do them naked. If you don't have the patience for that, try a different build. When I play any sort of caster, I'm usually still rocking t3 items with some RWs well into Hell.

Stats come on charms. Get a charm, thats less points you need in dex to wear gear and you will eventually be able to wear your gear with a large amount of points in energy. You aren't supposed to be a badass once you get into Hell, especially on your first playthrough. It's meant more to kick your ass, make you think about what you are doing, and change your strategy to compensate, not just rush in, try to kill shit, and corpserun it.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A maxed out flamestrike / pyroblast can kill those bosses with low tier gear. At least the butcher / horazon and talrasha.
I mean, its harder as diablo 2 vanilla. But you can do it with some trying :)
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Okay guys, thanks for all the help, i will try it, but i guess i will wait for 1.4 update and play Elemental Sorceress again.

Manu300000 wrote:A maxed out flamestrike / pyroblast can kill those bosses with low tier gear. At least the butcher / horazon and talrasha.
I mean, its harder as diablo 2 vanilla. But you can do it with some trying :)

Yeah, Fire spells are heavy on mana but their damage is not bad, while Lightning is a bad joke, completely useless for me. Just the passive is useful...
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:You are not supposed to wear sacred items until at least you get lvl115 charms, you will have like 250-300 str/dex with 0 point in them, later a lot more, you will need pretty much no or just a little bit of investment to wear them.

This is a naked char, with just charms, and no item equipped or stat points spent. I am still missing ghost trance upgrade on umbaru treasure, and the treasure itself has trash stats. ALso i have 44% bonus to all stats just from charms, so any stat you spend will be boosted by this.
► Show Spoiler

Then why are they 90?, sorry but i can easily see through your bad attempt to hide bad itemization from the developers, and no not every class has the same problem, sorc is the worst because of the str/dex they need to dump in which won't work since they need energy.

Runes, jewels can get it down to 300 maybe and then 250 from mystic orbs, but by the time you do that you wasted all your sockets and upgrade slots on sacreds that some tu 4's will be better, yes i'm sure the developers tested that right, just like they tested hardcore play..:P

They should lower green sacred down to 300 and only one high stat for the entire set, this would fix the problem completely and make green sets more desireable since they are not meant to carry you for longer than 90-120, green sets are a stepping stone to ssu/crafting so we need it to be usable at 90 not at 120 where you got ssu's anyway.

I mean the 90-120 is considered the worst grinding phase and while greens is not the only problem it is part of why it takes so long to gear up in this phase, if 300 is too easy then just 500 str only and remove the dex requirement.
Edited by cma78 3 years.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You can add up to 400 stat points using signets of learning. You get 2 of them every time you kill Nihlathak in nightmare. And someone else already mentioned it but jewels with -10% to requirements are easy to find and they help a lot as well.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tbone503 wrote:You can add up to 400 stat points using signets of learning. You get 2 of them every time you kill Nihlathak in nightmare. And someone else already mentioned it but jewels with -10% to requirements are easy to find and they help a lot as well.

I didn't know this, thanks.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cma78 wrote:
Then why are they 90?, sorry but i can easily see through your bad attempt to hide bad itemization from the developers, and no not every class has the same problem, sorc is the worst because of the str/dex they need to dump in which won't work since they need energy.

Most set items were changed to lvl 80 or90 from lvl 100 for more mo space with the set rework. Good luck finding a full set by lvl 90 to equip them if you are SSF. By your logic, you should be able to use SSU/SSSU items at lvl 100, even tho they start dropping at 120 and 130, respectively.

cma78 wrote:green sets are a stepping stone to ssu/crafting so we need it to be usable at 90 not at 120 where you got ssu's anyway.

But they are a stepping stone. K3k has set bias, which is a 115 zone. If you are lucky, you will have found your full set by lvl 120. Then lvl 120 is when you can start farming dunc for su drops, and teganze for elemental and xis runes, and start crafting with shrines with the shrines found in k3k and cows. You are NOT gonna have full best in slot gear at lvl 120, not even close (unless you buy stuff).

cma78 wrote:I mean the 90-120 is considered the worst grinding phase and while greens is not the only problem it is part of why it takes so long to gear up in this phase, if 300 is too easy then just 500 str only and remove the dex requirement.

Grinding at lvl 90? Levels just fly at lvl 90, like it did in the past 90 lvls. Lvl 100 is where leveling slows down a lot, not lvl 90, there is no grind at 90. Also, 100-120 is really fast, leveling slows down considerably above 120, so i dont even know what you are talking about.

Just as i said in my original post, any garbage tu/rw/honorific gear can carry builds up to and including lvl 115 content, you dont need to wear any sacred items for it, it is more about playing good. 120 is where you will need to start optimizing your build and gear, because thats where things start getting tougher.

This whole post of yours is either just a troll, or you have no understanding of how gear progression works in MXL.