Some skill-related and disenchanting bugs

Discuss Median XL!
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Using d2 1.13 and latest (Nov 27th 2014) Ultimative XVc

Sunstrike: Tends to not hit target. I have to aim off-center of target to hit it when I fire 2, 4, 6, etc arrows.

Lionheart: Recasting this spell does not refresh the duration.

Disenchanting: Doesn't work on some dropped items. Seems to be linked to socketing, as some items were previously socketed and used but sometimes this doesn't matter and it DE's them anyway. All items in question are fully repaired.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The shorter version... none of these are bugs. I will let someone else write the longer version.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Oh alright, engine limitations then I take it?

Its not important, I can work around them! Thanks!
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Sunstrike: it does hit the target, but the point of impact is not the arrow tip - rather a part of the tail. So when you have many arrows you might sometimes "miss" if you expect the head to hit as the tail is at an angle - if that makes sense.

Lionheart: i'm not sure it's supposed to.

Disenchanting: you were most likely trying to disenchant gift box uniques. Those cannot be disenchanted to prevent easy crystal generation. Socketing makes no difference.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
I think Lionheart counts as a shrine effect, as the buff duration (but not the bonus) gets overwritten if I use an armor shrine while under its effects.

As for Sunstrike, the damage does come from the trail! However when I fire an even number of arrows, the trail tends to miss as well unless I attack from far enough away that the arrows don't diverge enough.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thats how that skill mechanic works. The further you aim it, the closer missiles will be. The closer you aim them, they will tend to form an arc. This concept applies to a lot of skills, but is more noticeable on skills where missile range is smaller and amount of missiles is smaller.

it's a good practice to aim these skills manually rather than by clicking the monster.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Alright, cool!