Discuss Median XL!
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Does anyone avoid using a certain element specifically because of an annoying mob that is immune to it? I've noticed Lightning has an enormous number of immunes, probably 75% of act 3. Fire and Poison seem to have the least immunities, so I usually just make a build around those two elements. And physical is by far the most consistent damage type it seems.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
In Ultimative, after years of playing, none. :D

But I remember back in time, like 5 years ago, when I was playing 1F9, my very first char (poison/cold sorceress) used to die a lot to some monsters with cold immunity (Manglers, Mutilators) and especially Landmasses (imagine the whole message history was fulled of '...was slain by Landmass :mrgreen: ).
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Magic because the lack of -enemy magic resistance due to game limitations.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Stealth Yeah, for sure. There are plenty of cold immunes as well. And landmass near Sanctuary will kill the strongest of characters insanely quick. And your merc. But cold actually has some pretty immensely damaging skills, (e.g. Iceclaw totem) and would put it above Lightning because of the damage most cold skills do.

@Segolia Yep, magic is another pain to me. Quill Bears, Quill Rats, Baal shards, so many magic immunes that absolutely wreck.
Monkey King
264 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Lightning can be annoying in a normal playthrough because like Heathen said, a lot of monsters A3+ have light immunity. Even tho there's no -enemy magic res stat, there's not many magic immune mobs and skills usually have magic damage built in.
My vote goes towards poison. I know it's balancing issues, but, with a few exceptions, every uber boss is poison immune. Using poison against normal mobs feels awkward as well. If the duration is too long then you need to wait for them to die before you can loot.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Binary I read quite a few posts and comments saying poison is the best element in the game because of the duration mechanics, but considering it doesn't stack, and spamming the same enemy more than once will only potentially help hit your max poison damage and reset duration, I find just spamming other elements much better. Especially when your cast rate is around every 6 frames. Then you do far more damage with other elements than with poison.