Finding the right character

Discuss Median XL!
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
Mountaincreature wrote:dont forget circle of life the LaK is good and 10% improved effect per hard point.

Sorry, with "Elton John" I actually meant circle of life.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Mountaincreature wrote:Use pummel, yes crushing blow is good and I think the set gives 75%...dont forget circle of life the LaK is good and 10% improved effect per hard point.

Set gives 96%-100% crushing blow. Full set 75% and 21%-25% CB on axe.
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
Metalistas wrote:Set gives 96%-100% crushing blow. Full set 75% and 21%-25% CB on axe.

Meaning for endgame I actually don't need Elfin Weapons at all. I personally am an RNG player, so I would even be fine with just 50%.
So what's the plan? Is maxing feed the pack + werewolf form good for leftover points, or are acid fiends better?
Also, is there a scenario where I can either not use Pummel or Wildfire forever?
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Well I built a few characters...
Druid: Tree, Tree + Diety Bow (oskill thing), Trap rat, Bow
Amazon: Bowazon, Pounce, ricochet
Necro: Crossbow (uses summons as target)
Assassin: Tantrum, Broadside
Paladin: Tantrum, unholy caster, melee
Sorceress: Melee
Barbarian: Fortress

My gear was all "the best" in terms of the guides, and I have almost all of the charms (I think I'm missing one?). Anyway, they were all pretty good. I just feel like there is something to be desired.

In Diablo II I had the most fun as Sorceress (frozen orb/fire ball), Javazon, and Tesladin (shock aura + zeal) . I just can't seem to match that level of excitement and versatility with characters here yet. Granted these characters couldn't do uber tristram like the Smite Paladin, but they slaughtered groups of enemies and offered a good amount of evasion through teleport,block, and dodge.

Median XL offers various ways to avoid damage through skills and items, however the "teleport" skills have extremely high cooldowns. 4-5 seconds feels like forever in the midst of a fight. Dodge and block are still great in this game however. I understand the "blink" skill on the assassin is viable (I used it with Tantrum).

I'll keep looking through guides and item lists and recheck the documentation for more information. As of right now I'm without a character that I can be attached to. Hopefully something will come my way soon.
Jammy
Mangler
482 | 128
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Mason_Jar wrote:Median XL offers various ways to avoid damage through skills and items, however the "teleport" skills have extremely high cooldowns. 4-5 seconds feels like forever in the midst of a fight..

Teleport countdown is 2 secs. ;) Any less would be pretty OP in this mod, imo.
Jammy
Mangler
482 | 128
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Also, I've found pouncezon to be the fastest farmer... Especially in Dunc.
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Pouncezon seemed to be the most fun for me thus far too. Farms decently in Fauntz as well (my main two farming areas). I do need to get some cycles again, but that can wait. I would like an assassin with the short Teleport cooldown. Maybe I'll make another Tantrum-Sin or some kind of Naganita one?

Glad you're watching out for me Jamie, thanks again for the help.

Chuck, I'll be using your guides for a reference among some others. I appreciate everyone's help. I suppose I should try and get past the destruction maggot lair now....

EDIT: I think I may just be happy being a Super Beast throwing Ricochet Javz with Danmaku equipped... (still working on the right procs), looking good so far.
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crowned wrote:
Metalistas wrote:Set gives 96%-100% crushing blow. Full set 75% and 21%-25% CB on axe.

Meaning for endgame I actually don't need Elfin Weapons at all. I personally am an RNG player, so I would even be fine with just 50%.
So what's the plan? Is maxing feed the pack + werewolf form good for leftover points, or are acid fiends better?
Also, is there a scenario where I can either not use Pummel or Wildfire forever?

You are confusing me a bit here. I gave info about CB from treewarden set. No clue why you would use werewolf form and feed the pack with tree. Just for reanimates ? It's not worth it and in the end you will not have enough skill points to do such thing. Better focus on treewarden skill tree + berries + uber skill.
Scenario without pummel or wildfire ? Doubtfully, since those skills work wonders against single/mass targets. But you could just teleport/blink and Idol of scosglen skill and run around watching everything being slowed down and poisoned/killed by those novas. Works well in duncraig.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
you can use Sol bow with idol of scosglen and poison flash with acid fiends, it's pretty funny
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Metalistas wrote:
Crowned wrote:

You are confusing me a bit here. I gave info about CB from treewarden set. No clue why you would use werewolf form and feed the pack with tree. Just for reanimates ? It's not worth it and in the end you will not have enough skill points to do such thing. Better focus on treewarden skill tree + berries + uber skill.
Scenario without pummel or wildfire ? Doubtfully, since those skills work wonders against single/mass targets. But you could just teleport/blink and Idol of scosglen skill and run around watching everything being slowed down and poisoned/killed by those novas. Works well in duncraig.

This.

Pummel is the shit. I believe it has the largest area of effect of any area attack that does not have a damage penalty. It is wicked fast.