Σ 1.6 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Lios-Art
Cog
221 | 2
ParticuLarry wrote:
You could try playing via LAN. Or if that's too complicated to set up (due to needing the required hardware) you could try it using hamachi or other free to use programs that allow you to play LAN via internet. At least that way you can play together. You won't be able to trade or interact with other players though.

that means to forget all the friends we are playing with via median discord and cutting part of the game off with no trade...
will not help ither for bringing new players to median... less players less money also for the game creator because less chance to sell TG...
overall its a lost for both us as it is for the game developers... at that point better look for another game...
robdog159
Fallen
1 | 0
Having an issue where I can log in but cannot create or join games. After a period of time I get "Failed to join game" message and it boots me back to the create or join game menu. I tried on two different computers in two different networks. This occurred after i "save & quit: the game when i noticed that i could not interact with the environment anymore. Minions & enemies no longer moved and my character could not interact with attack enemies. Thought it might be a desync and did the "Save & Quit" after this the create/join game issue game up
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sources of scaling stats like Dragonheart have this kind of stat:
+1.625% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
Which means 1,625% ED per level.

However in case of
Blackheart
Blackheart
Grim Wand (4)

One-Hand Damage: 6 to 8
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 11
Required Dexterity: 15
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
15% Cast Speed
15% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(6 to 9) to Summon Darklings
+1 to Dark Power
+(9 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+1 Life Regenerated per Second (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 17
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 29
Required Dexterity: 23
Item Level: 31
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
25% Cast Speed
25% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(12 to 16) to Summon Darklings
+2 to Dark Power
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 17 to 26
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Dexterity: 46
Item Level: 51
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
35% Cast Speed
35% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(20 to 26) to Summon Darklings
+3 to Dark Power
+(26 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 20 to 31
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Dexterity: 92
Item Level: 77
+4 to Necromancer Skill Levels
40% Cast Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(32 to 36) to Summon Darklings
+4 to Dark Power
+(36 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Damage
Socketed (2)
this is very misleading because it says:
which suggests you get 1 life regen per level, which is not the case. Being level hundret something this merely gives around 20 life regen. I'd love for this description error to be fixed in the docs and the forum code.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Can Shower of rocks be made useful for once in 10 years, maybe just a simple fix like making it divine judgement but with the rock overlay and less wdm%? :calm:
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Helzopro wrote:Can Shower of rocks be made useful for once in 10 years, maybe just a simple fix like making it divine judgement but with the rock overlay and less wdm%? :calm:

Same with Hail of stones :( . The damage is so low on that skill and it doesn't multihit..
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Helzopro wrote:Can Shower of rocks be made useful for once in 10 years, maybe just a simple fix like making it divine judgement but with the rock overlay and less wdm%? :calm:
You mean shower of cocks , 1000 stones falling and only 3-4 hit the target ,it has high ND , if there was no ND it would probably be good ..
Edited by morphed 3 years.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'm currently enjoying myself with a totemancer. However, I find there's a huge disparity between this build and other builds, which comes down to only a single fact:

There are too many skills that "need" to be skilled. In the totem tree alone, you have 5 skills to put points into. But that's neglecting defensive passives like Death Ward and Embalming and Jinns for more pierce. So that means you have 8 skills you want to max at first glance. And then one of the totems passives also increase the amount of points you can put into the totems, which means you're way off when it comes to having nearly enough skillpoints to put into everything.

I find this very unattractive to be honest. It looks like you have a choice when it comes to skilling, but in the end all this does is bring only a single skill plan forward while every other choice is rather bad. The Ice totem is useless to skill, because it's good enough with just + skills, but hasn't enough AoE to be worth putting points into. The lightning totem is weak compared to the fireheart totem, even when you max it. So that means those 2 totems will always be left with only a single skill point, which is quite sad imho. The ice and lightning totems are basically only distractions and a trap for players who have no idea what they're doing, or lack experience with that build.

Cons:
- Too many skills to potentially put points into
- 1 totem is too strong to put points into, 1 totem is too weak to put points into
- Potentially trapping players with wrong skillchoices
- It is not apparent which skills you want to put points into and which you don't, which is quite unique for this build since you usually can say at first glance how your skillplan looks like.
- Despite it looking like you have a choice when it comes to planning the skills, there is no such thing.

My suggestion to fix those issues:
- Instead of using 3 different skills for totems, turn them all into 1 single skill
- You could create a new passive skill that creates reanimates, or you could move that portion from Talon's hold and turn it into steady gains which increase with skill levels, not base points, to make it a 1-point skill for a more defensive mechanic.
- Create a toggle skill that gives you the RIP modifier and a buff that doubles the totems damage, but halves the amount of projectiles(Fireheart totem) and the amount of hits (ice totem) from your totems.

This change would make it more obvious where to place your points and how to play. Since the ice totem hits so many times, this build is rather weak for enemies that teleport a lot when struck, which is why this change would definitely improve its boss killer ability. However, thanks to the easily accessible reanimates, you would also become safer in farming areas.

Suggestion No. 2:
- instead of using 3 different skills for totems, turn them into a single skill, but exclude the lightning portion.
- Create a special type of summon that by themselves deal no damage at all and is only empowered while your totems are active. The HP of those summons is equal to the totem life, but they don't receive the avoid from the passive or a bonus from Embalming. The summons deal single target lightning damage when empowered and have a chance to cast a lightning nova on attack, which also scales with the totem skill level. You can summon 1 on skill level 1, and for every 8 points into your totem, you receive 1 additional summon. You also don't get life when those summons kill anything.
- As for the last skill that's left, I don't know. Maybe some 1 minute buff, that gives you some pierce and some energy or something, or creating a pool of blood that slows enemies and reduces their resistances while in there (like Miasma).

Well, this is just some brainstorming for ideas in order to fix that issue.

For those who didn't yet understand the reason behind my suggestions: If you're having a build that has only 1 way to be effective, you might as well make it obvious which skills to put points into instead of tricking new players into thinking there is a choice.
Zoobedy
Stone Warrior
32 | 7
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, the A1 ranger is a great merc, but mercs spam refresh their buffs, and each time she refreshes War Spirit it plays that speech (not sure what the phrase is). As a result, you have to hear that speech many, many times each minute. It's like "Nuclear launch detected" all over again, but way more frequent.

Obviously it'd be better if mercs could refresh their self-buffs only when they run out, instead of weirdly spamming them all the time. The speech wouldn't be an issue then. But until/if that is ever fixed, the activation speech on the A1 merc's War Spirit should be disabled for our sanity.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Spam refreshing is obviously fine for the party buffs like Dark Power, since we're not always in range when they go off.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
ParticuLarry wrote:The ice and lightning totems are basically only distractions and a trap for players who have no idea what they're doing, or lack experience with that build.

Imo this isn't a totemancer build issue, it's a general Median XL issue. There are classes like amazon which lock the trees so it's fairly obvious where your points should go, but some others are full of noob traps. Clawsin is a perfect example. You *need* Shadow Refuge, which is under "Naginata" tree.
I remember playing a naginata assassin as my first Median character. I would have never imagined that this build relies on a throwing(!) tree skill (Broadside) to deal any resonable damage to boss-type enemies. It's very unintuitive for a new player to understand such stuff. Necro builds can get even worse. Should I max Parasite? Is Death Ward good or should I put more into Deathlord? Hey look, there's a passive +fire damage on the crossbow tree....
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
akbugger wrote:
ParticuLarry wrote:The ice and lightning totems are basically only distractions and a trap for players who have no idea what they're doing, or lack experience with that build.

Imo this isn't a totemancer build issue, it's a general Median XL issue. There are classes like amazon which lock the trees so it's fairly obvious where your points should go, but some others are full of noob traps. Clawsin is a perfect example. You *need* Shadow Refuge, which is under "Naginata" tree.
I remember playing a naginata assassin as my first Median character. I would have never imagined that this build relies on a throwing(!) tree skill (Broadside) to deal any resonable damage to boss-type enemies. It's very unintuitive for a new player to understand such stuff. Necro builds can get even worse. Should I max Parasite? Is Death Ward good or should I put more into Deathlord? Hey look, there's a passive +fire damage on the crossbow tree....

I think those are fairly different problems, because the issue with Totemancer is "I have not enough points to level everything effectively" while your issue was "I didn't read the description of every skill the character I play has to offer before deciding what to skill". Even a player who read all the skill descriptions will not know where to put his points in the totemancer case.