Loaded, Comprehensive Feedback on Median XL S25 and Onwards

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
890 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
God, just erase this guy's posts and make these threads constructive again. "I don't know how to play the game and I don't want to learn, so your game is too hard". Boohoo
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shame a so detailed feedback thread turned into a pasta factory.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey guys nice thread lotsa good feeback here. I need help with the butcher. I died like 1000 times no exaggeration trying to kill him why does he always 1shot me? Any suggestion? And please dont tell me to change gear or skills or anything I dont have time for that. Why would I have to adapt in a video game wtf this isnt real life? Just tell me how to kill him pls.
inori92
Pit Knight
113 | 28
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I appreciate the feedback and responses so far. It's very comforting to see that people care, no matter how the fashion. I do want to also, reiterate some of the points being made in the thread - this is not a place to exude complaints about the game's level of difficulty, but rather to provide perspective on the different type of players that exist and how to better cater to a potential larger majority, while retaining the "things that we have going for us".

I also notice that my post's been modified for clarity and formatting purposes, so I appreciate the kind gesture. Again, shows that you care and that's enough proof that the game will continue to improve. Not all my suggestions may be "best for business", but I believe that I come from a logical standpoint for most of them - though I clearly don't represent the entire spectrum of the player base, I believe I have worked with enough people in the gaming industry to at least formulate educated opinions.

Anyways, as my season concludes today, I wish everyone further happy gaming and achievements of whatever goals they had set for the remainder of the season. As far as the thread goes, it has pretty much ran its' course, and I believe by now that the powers-that-be have at least pondered on some of the ideas listed. Will definitely return for future seasons regardless of what changes are to be expected, and whatever other feedback or suggestions I have, I will return to the suggestions thread for. Do not hesitate to reach out to me for any thoughts or ideas also.

I appreciate everyone who has read, commented, or directly reached out to me regarding the listed subjects. I sincerely, especially appreciate the moderator/development team, though our communication may not have always been optimal or on a level field, I have nothing but respect for the people who continue to devote their time and passion to ensure the best gaming experience for newcomers to this project known as Median XL. I wish everyone here the best - it's a game, so enjoy and have fun. And if you like, $upport the project.
Meddle
Vampiress
39 | 5
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
inori92 wrote:I, inori92, won an auction for 110tg for this Buried Hawk. Via google on the Wiki, it states it gives 10% avoid at level 1. In the game, it states 4% on the Druid skill tree. For my Assassin, it gives 0. The item does not work as indicated

This auction was also won at 6AM EST. I stayed up until 4am and fought last-minute bids to win it. It felt like shit, but hey what can you do right?

I went through the same exact scenario. Right down to working out that a 0 point skill should give 4% avoid while a 1 base-point skill would give 5%, and staying up to 6am EST to bid(385) on the damn thing. no refund </3
Segnitia - I don't think I've seen a single build use it.

I've used it once on nagisin. I no longer feel like stacking PDR is an okay option due to the incredibly limited ceiling.

Shadow blade as the patch log states, is a 50% wdm knife with 8000 bonus magic damage. Factor in end-game monster resistances, this item's proc will never do more than 10k damage a proc, right? Realistically, you're looking at ~4000-5000 Magic Damage
if i'm not mistake, 50% WDM and 8000 bonus magic damage works out to 4000 magic damage before resistances #yikes
yaksa
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
I spent 160 Tg for a harbinger cotw. I feel your pain with the faerie fire buried hawk. (-:
Chaossound
Imp
5 | 0
I had no clue that TG actually had a fee to sell something, why? We already payed you for the TG, or someopne has. Why are you double dipping, if you're that hard up for money just increase the prices be honest and upfront with the costs of TG, the closest thing I can compare to this is D2JSP and they have never charged a "sales tax" on anything anyone has sold, it seems like a dishonest practice, as someone who is just starting in Median this really discourages me from buying any TG or bothering with the market period as I don't know the economics of the items. It also means that if you don't start by BUYing TG you can't even sell anything. Which further discourages new players from using it.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chaossound wrote:...

>remove auction fee
>every single item is sold on auction, good or bad
>have to sort through 8465132 items to find one that is auction worthy

no thnx

its literally only to discourage people from auctioning every single item and flooding that interface, auction should be for items that are.. you know.. auction worthy?

nothing is stopping people from selling through discord/trade topics and nothing is taken from those sales which is much more akin to d2jsp
Edited by CallMeCrazySam 3 years.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chaossound wrote:I had no clue that TG actually had a fee to sell something, why? We already payed you for the TG, or someopne has. Why are you double dipping, if you're that hard up for money just increase the prices be honest and upfront with the costs of TG, the closest thing I can compare to this is D2JSP and they have never charged a "sales tax" on anything anyone has sold, it seems like a dishonest practice, as someone who is just starting in Median this really discourages me from buying any TG or bothering with the market period as I don't know the economics of the items. It also means that if you don't start by BUYing TG you can't even sell anything. Which further discourages new players from using it.

I agree that the fees do get a bit high for a new player.

Getting to know the market has been made a lot easier as you can search for the item and see a sales history sheet - very handy.

About having to buy TG - don’t agree. There’s always a market for sigs, ACs etc. - which can be grinded.
Chaossound
Imp
5 | 0
Mehasto wrote:
Chaossound wrote:I had no clue that TG actually had a fee to sell something, why? We already payed you for the TG, or someopne has. Why are you double dipping, if you're that hard up for money just increase the prices be honest and upfront with the costs of TG, the closest thing I can compare to this is D2JSP and they have never charged a "sales tax" on anything anyone has sold, it seems like a dishonest practice, as someone who is just starting in Median this really discourages me from buying any TG or bothering with the market period as I don't know the economics of the items. It also means that if you don't start by BUYing TG you can't even sell anything. Which further discourages new players from using it.

I agree that the fees do get a bit high for a new player.

Getting to know the market has been made a lot easier as you can search for the item and see a sales history sheet - very handy.

About having to buy TG - don’t agree. There’s always a market for sigs, ACs etc. - which can be grinded.

You can't sell on the market without having TG in the first place, so how are you supposed to sell if you have no TG to begin with?