Discuss Median XL!
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Mercenaries are in an awkward spot. During leveling phase they will often outshine the player massively. Once the player hits uber quests they quickly die and more or less stop mattering at all.

What if mercenaries were made unkillable & untargetabble, but nerf their damage output to 10-15% of what they currently do? you could pick one that compliments your build with its own skills and not worry about it being a dead weight in uber levels.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mercs worthless later?
Merc is almost necessary in high labs, and they can survive there and support. Mercs can solo farm fauztinville aswell, you just have to spend some time to get them geared.

EDIT: And now with 1.7 they will most likely get even stronger when they can wear class-specific items.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
in regular play where you are trying to progress getting new charms they are dead meat from 105 onwards. i dont doubt they work in super endgame and farm zones with no mechanics
Acry
Pit Knight
109 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mercs are amazing as long as you actually know how to gear them, and try to. I can agree that in the 110 range > 120 range they can be deadweight but it's because at that point players focus more on their character than gearing the merc. I recommend following this guide:
viewtopic.php?t=31957

A5 merc on some RWs/TUs can outshine your character as long as you do the usual max res, correct gear, etc. They can even solo some of the starter ubers with no gear on at all! I've not experimented with non A5 mercs on low gear so that may not hold true for the rest.

Mercs just got huge buffs in the patch notes already if you haven't seen that as well.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
if the additional stat from sacred unique sets works w/ them they kinda OP and very useful.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
wewenako19 wrote:if the additional stat from sacred unique sets works w/ them they kinda OP and very useful.

Set bonuses work on mercs.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
Seekers wrote:
wewenako19 wrote:if the additional stat from sacred unique sets works w/ them they kinda OP and very useful.

Set bonuses work on mercs.

thats insanely great :shock: :shock: :shock:
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just wanna remind people that you can now have your mini-UHM merc, and he can wear the full Malthael set. Enjoy your shiny aura.