Basic question from a new player

Discuss Median XL!
felorias71
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I have 2 questions:
(1) Can I take a socketed tiered blue magic item and strip the blue magic characteristic off of it to make it usable for a runeword? If so how?
(2) How do my characters get eligable to wear sacred items? The strength or dexterity requirement is so high. Do I need to level my character to a very high level such as 130 or 140? Or should I respec them and give them enough str or dex so that they can wear the sacred item and count on the item to give them enough stats such as mana and life? My sorc is at 110 now and still nowhere near having the stats to wear sacred armor. Should I just respec her and give her the dex she needs to wear Zann Asu's Robes?
Diaco
Void Archon
884 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1) oil of renewal, from vendors
2) you'll get more stat points when you start getting charms from Uber bosses. At 110 you can get the butcher's tooth, king's scroll from rathma and karat vision, which grant stats. Also, pick up rare jewels, they can spawn -10% requirements
Edited by Diaco 3 years.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
felorias71 wrote:I have 2 questions:
(1) Can I take a socketed tiered blue magic item and strip the blue magic characteristic off of it to make it usable for a runeword? If so how?
(2) How do my characters get eligable to wear sacred items? The strength or dexterity requirement is so high. Do I need to level my character to a very high level such as 130 or 140? Or should I respec them and give them enough str or dex so that they can wear the sacred item and count on the item to give them enough stats such as mana and life? My sorc is at 110 now and still nowhere near having the stats to wear sacred armor. Should I just respec her and give her the dex she needs to wear Zann Asu's Robes?

1: Oil of renewal.

2: Later on you will get multiple charms that gives you flat stats and %stats and most builds will get to a point where you don't really need to put points into strength and dex. Until that point, you either stay at tier 3-4 uniques or you bite the bullet and put points into str/dex and then later respec when you have more charms. The latter is very common for casters. Obviously it's not worth it if you end up putting 70% of your stat points into dex but 50-150 stat points shouldn't be a big deal.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
(2) Others have covered it, but some classes/builds wil find it easier than others to wear sacred items.

For example, a melee barbarian will use strength as his primary stat, so all the sacred items with str requirements will be met early.

Others may have to wait until they start to collect charms - once you get the charms somewehre between 105 and 115 you should be able to wear these with minimal or no investemnt in str / dex.
felorias71
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Thanks for the helpful information. I was able to make a runeword flamen staff for my druid from a blue magic one. It seams like flamen staves are such a rare drop. I never remember a grey one with sockets dropping, but blue magic ones do drop very rarely.
I decided not respec my sorc. Just one sacred set item would not be much of an advantage. I will try to collect more sacred set or other sacred items before I respec her.
exposito10
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm assuming you are playing Softcore, in which case, you should pretty much cruise through the entire game up to about A4-15 in Nightmare, where the monsters (and other hazards) start to become very dangerous.

HOW "dangerous", do you ask?

Well, for example, this morning, my Bow Druid -- who has about 9K hit points when using Steady Shot (which gives a temporary skill buff) , and who has 77% fire and lightening resist (and a little physical resist, too) -- was wandering across the Frozen Tundra in Nightmare, and he got blanketed by bombardments by those damn fire catapults (they throw the little cluster mines on the ground) and lightening catapults (the ones that drop charged bolts on you).

Bam! 3500 hit points left, after ONE (1) SECOND of this nonsense. Which means (if you think about it), since the character is only taking 0.25% of the damage theoretically being done, it must mean that (dividing the damage by 2 as two different attacks were involved), each attack was doing approximately 11,000 points of raw fire / lightening damage.

That's what awaits you, my friend.

Oh... and my Druid is Hardcore, of course. I'm a masochist. :-]