Is Tantrum in a good spot?

Discuss Median XL!
Ducky
Balrog
125 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys,

I'm looking to start a second character to help out my fire sorceress and help clear the dungeons/rifts where the fire sorc falls short.

I have a rough idea of what kind of build I'd like to play and I think Tantrum may be a good fit. I'd like to play a build that stacks +dmg and deals out a high amount of attacks, preferably something tanky and aimed towards boss killing without being too focused on single target.

Would Tantrum be a good idea? I'm guessing Barbarian? I haven't been able to find any up to date guides for it and my knowledge of Sigma isn't the best.
I'm open to any suggestions also for a second character that will be able to cover the weaknesses of my fire sorceress (in general).

Cheers :)
Edited by Ducky 3 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tantrum is pretty terrible for farming anything because of very close range amd small AoE. It does deal big dmg, but since it is a heavily multihitting skill any boss that teleports will be a pain. I'd go with poison throw barb, since it fits better your needs IMO
Ducky
Balrog
125 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at a throw barb
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Short answer: no
Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ducky
Balrog
125 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Haha fair enough, can a poison throw barb swap to single target boss killing on the fly or does it require changing skills etc?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Snake byte is his single target.. Dealing pretty big damage.
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ducky wrote:Haha fair enough, can a poison throw barb swap to single target boss killing on the fly or does it require changing skills etc?

Stampede + Snake Stance for farming. Snake Bite for bossing. Only relevant stats for damage scaling are poison pierce and +skills