Trophy Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Anonymous: wrote:I miss negative cookies already ... not that i have ever given one.

Some actual creative suggestions would be like - increase trophy chance on deathless kills or on some low timer kills. Simply reducing count of charms for trophy is not a solution - next person will complain that 15 charms per trophy is "ridicolous" and wheel will spin again.

Deathless kills. YES. Players who don't corpserun should be rewarded.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Taem wrote:with the consequence of my wife barking down my neck which has forced me to restrict my playtime

Quirinus wrote:we gotta deal with that as newfound adults.

This mildly upsets me ._. Why can't we go back to being teenagers that game 8 hours a day? :D

I agree with you Taem when you say that as adults our playtime is limited. Our playerbase however is very heterogenous. Some of us can only play a handful of hours per week, but others play many hours daily.

I have suggestions to address this:

• Vary the number of charms require depending on the Uber. As in make it higher for easier ubers, but reduce as difficulty increases. For instance, judgment is fine at 20, but make laz 5 or 10. I feel most trophies have the correct powerlevel, but the 1% max resist is absolutely mandatory for anyone who want to do Labs or Samael. Trophies should be a cool bonus, not something that forces people into getting it to remain competitive. Otherwise you give a big advantage over tg hoarders and those who play a lot.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Wulf wrote:
Taem wrote:with the consequence of my wife barking down my neck which has forced me to restrict my playtime

Quirinus wrote:we gotta deal with that as newfound adults.

This mildly upsets me ._. Why can't we go back to being teenagers that game 8 hours a day? :D

I agree with you Taem when you say that as adults our playtime is limited.

Yup, I kinda miss that too.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Vary the number of charms require depending on the Uber. As in make it higher for easier ubers, but reduce as difficulty increases. For instance, judgment is fine at 20, but make laz 5 or 10

Thats a good idea.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
That is a bad idea.

People who play a lot should have an advantage against those who play casually - basic logic. If not, then what is the point of playing a lot ? Tg is another topic, but it gets servers going and people who play very little have a chance to feel how the endgame power feels like at a cost of their money. You cannot have everything and you should not.
skilzorz
Acid Prince
49 | 1
TBH, I like some quantity of the 'grinding', but not too much (i.e. if I had to run Azmodan 500 times before reliably getting a trophy then I would get bored). For me the tedious part comes in two scenarios:

1. You need the charm upgrade because it makes following content undoable (i.e. +max resist as wulf mentioned) -> could be mitigated by moving the 'major' portion of the upgrade to the charm itself

2. You need to repeat something menial to get to the challenging part many times (i.e. I think I spent more time running to Kabraxis than fighting kabraxis the rouhgly 45 times needed to get a trophy, or imagine another scenario where yshari sanctum set items broke after 1 use and you have to re-run spectre of hatred every time ..... gah). -> could be mitigated by careful placement of new waypoints, if possible and easy to implement. I could imagine a system where you would get access to a new waypoint close to the boss after running the boss 10 times or so, but I have no idea if possible in what I imagine to be a very difficult development environment :)

Also, no real 'complaint' from my side, just small ideas, in general I love median and am pushing its net promoter score higher ;)

And on another note, I definitely miss the 8 hour gaming sessions with no other adult distractions other than having to microwave something tasty.
ureiz
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
it's a big but rewarding time sink, while farming trophies you will usually manage to get a perfect charm which is alright
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
ureiz wrote:it's a big but rewarding time sink, while farming trophies you will usually manage to get a perfect charm which is alright

Usually.
Look at variables on Quov Tsin or Vizjun charm, for example...