Farming locations in Median for Normal/Nightmare difficulty?

Discuss Median XL!
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
I Am level 66 and I have still garbage items from level like 25. Nothing drops for me absolutely! I use items with increased magic find (also on my companion). So far only unique I got was from Diablo (which I farmed like 15 times)... And better bow 2 times, otherwise I did get nothing... How can I find better items, I have problem progressing right now... Diablo 2 locations also don't work I think, didn't find anything... And uber quests dungeons etc. are like from level 105, or something... Absolutely no idea, where do I get any good items, unless if I gamble and save scum like hundred times :D Tried also gamble multiple times, didn't give me anything good...
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Farm Nihlathak on normal diff, he gives 2 random uniques every time - then just disenchant them and make Tiered Uniques of your choice. But first read the docs, from your post I can see that you didn't do much research -> https://docs.median-xl.com/
azeriso
Rust Claw
81 | 1
empleat wrote:I Am level 66 and I have still garbage items from level like 25. Nothing drops for me absolutely! I use items with increased magic find (also on my companion). So far only unique I got was from Diablo (which I farmed like 15 times)... And better bow 2 times, otherwise I did get nothing... How can I find better items, I have problem progressing right now... Diablo 2 locations also don't work I think, didn't find anything... And uber quests dungeons etc. are like from level 105, or something... Absolutely no idea, where do I get any good items, unless if I gamble and save scum like hundred times :D Tried also gamble multiple times, didn't give me anything good...

U can repeat Andariel>Mephisto>nihl it gives u 5 shards which u combine to get 1 Arcane crystal, its super easy and fast (on normal ofcourse)
then do as masochista say and u will be good to go. (u need 2 AC for each TU's)
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
OK ty, problem is also I didn't find any good item with base stats to use for something. Also forgot you can reroll items into uniques!!! They get better even base stats after that, or more of them right?

EDIT: What does mean making custom items from scratch, I tried to make one honorific item, but it didn't do anything. Docs says it gets only max. number of slots and increased bonuses from orbs. But I don't understand how is that making custom item from a scratch, how such a thing would be even possible?
azeriso
Rust Claw
81 | 1
empleat wrote:OK ty, problem is also I didn't find any good item with base stats to use for something. Also forgot you can reroll items into uniques!!! They get better even base stats after that, or more of them right?

EDIT: What does mean making custom items from scratch, I tried to make one honorific item, but it didn't do anything. Docs says it gets only max. number of slots and increased bonuses from orbs. But I don't understand how is that making custom item from a scratch, how such a thing would be even possible?

u need magic base item + mark of infusion then u use Mystic Orbs on it it gives u double Orb option and +4 required lvl (u can use 5x same orb on 1 item)
i think honorifics are not worth on ur lvl, except u are rich because they costs nice amount of gold
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
Problem is even if I had abundance of shards (they are not only problem) If I upgrade some of my rare items to unique. There is very high chance that item will become worse! And than I Am totally fucked! I can only upgrade it one more time, before it will become ineligible for me and if I don't get right stats gg... I checked other oils, but it helps only a bit, what I need is better items! Runewords also don't help me, because I need armor (mainly for resistances, but also for better stats, i use currently +25 runes) because I have good DPS. But there is only runeword for helmet for Amazon which is my best item, so I don't want to replace it... I also tried to gamble with 300k and one time I got just 1 bad unique and 2nd not even that and all items were pretty bad, so even if I famed like 20 hours for dozens of shards, which is already pretty boring, I don't have enough items with good base stats and with a lot of stats (I think unique gets same amount of total stats on an item) I would have to be pretty lucky to get anything good...

Also with save scumming gambling doesn't really work as you never get enough good items in one session. And with scumming with shards I get only get like 2 good items and god knows how long it would take and it wouldn't be probably enough... And I don't want to farm like 20 hours for shards, and more items... I didn't find anything which could reroll stats on a item and even if something like that existed, it would be pretty resources heavy I imagine! I saved all uniques for shards since start and used like 2-3 mb. + like 15 diablo runs and still have barely any... Even on nihlaklak I still don't have good rare/base stats/with lots of stats items to use to get lucky with uniques...

Don't know what else I could do here hmm... Is this mod like you need to study everything before you even play to take advantage of every single possible thing, or it gets like this?

I Am already pretty bored of farming, I am not gonna farm repeatedly same locations, if that's what it takes, I could do exception once, or twice but if whole game is like this... I AM not going to farm (yet same) creeps in single-player lol... I Am only interested in making decisions, when building a build...
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
So...you want every item in the game handed so the only thing you do is choose the skills you want to use?
Because thats what it looks like on your last sentence.

There are some basic stuff that you must learn, and there is documentation for it, if you want to learn them.
Also, there are guides to help building certain characters, with gear suggestion that you should aim to get. Maybe ask for specific help with the character you are using.

But...have in mind that, yes. Farming is something you are going to have to do.
Marrt
Djinn
520 | 76
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
empleat wrote:Problem is even if I had abundance of shards (they are not only problem) If I upgrade some of my rare items to unique. There is very high chance that item will become worse! And than I Am totally fucked! I can only upgrade it one more time, before it will become ineligible for me and if I don't get right stats gg... I checked other oils, but it helps only a bit, what I need is better items! Runewords also don't help me, because I need armor (mainly for resistances, but also for better stats, i use currently +25 runes) because I have good DPS. But there is only runeword for helmet for Amazon which is my best item, so I don't want to replace it... I also tried to gamble with 300k and one time I got just 1 bad unique and 2nd not even that and all items were pretty bad, so even if I famed like 20 hours for dozens of shards, which is already pretty boring, I don't have enough items with good base stats and with a lot of stats (I think unique gets same amount of total stats on an item) I would have to be pretty lucky to get anything good...

Also with save scumming gambling doesn't really work as you never get enough good items in one session. And with scumming with shards I get only get like 2 good items and god knows how long it would take and it wouldn't be probably enough... And I don't want to farm like 20 hours for shards, and more items... I didn't find anything which could reroll stats on a item and even if something like that existed, it would be pretty resources heavy I imagine! I saved all uniques for shards since start and used like 2-3 mb. + like 15 diablo runs and still have barely any... Even on nihlaklak I still don't have good rare/base stats/with lots of stats items to use to get lucky with uniques...

Don't know what else I could do here hmm... Is this mod like you need to study everything before you even play to take advantage of every single possible thing, or it gets like this?

I Am already pretty bored of farming, I am not gonna farm repeatedly same locations, if that's what it takes, I could do exception once, or twice but if whole game is like this... I AM not going to farm (yet same) creeps in single-player lol... I Am only interested in making decisions, when building a build...

Not sure you understand how tiered uniques work.. Open a guide for your character and check the tiered uniques you should aim for. Then open https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques and find the one you want to make. You can see the strength/dex and level requirements and find the tier you will be able to use. After that go gamble the base item with that tier (bear in mind that you need to reach a certain character level to be able to gamble higher tier items) and turn it into a tiered unique using 2 arcane crystals and oil of enhancement. Not sure where the 20 hours farm come from when you can farm nihlatak quickly and get all the crystals that you need for your gear in less than an hour.
empleat
Prowler
18 | 0
Jo_Jo wrote:So...you want every item in the game handed so the only thing you do is choose the skills you want to use?
Because thats what it looks like on your last sentence.

There are some basic stuff that you must learn, and there is documentation for it, if you want to learn them.
Also, there are guides to help building certain characters, with gear suggestion that you should aim to get. Maybe ask for specific help with the character you are using.

But...have in mind that, yes. Farming is something you are going to have to do.

No but as you can see I didn't get anything, it is completely random. How many shards do I need to get any good items? They drop like 1 to 100!!!

Not sure where the 20 hours farm come from when you can farm nihlatak quickly and get all the crystals that you need for your gear in less than an hour.

Really an hour? How many shards do you get per hour? One has to know about this in this first place :lol: I just finished game on Normal...

I see... Problem with gambling I Am not sure, if I can get it done with only 300k!!! I will check my items in that list and try to get good base items for upgrading... But I need pretty much like all the gear better, only thing which don't suck that I have are helmet and bow + money for oils. Not sure if I have money for this...

Also I AM not sure how to best make money, I read sell unique with gems inside it, but it doesn't give anything!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1237 | 268
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
empleat wrote:Really an hour? How many shards do you get per hour? One has to know about this in this first place :lol: I just finished game on Normal...

Judging by my typical pace (usually 40 minutes for full t3 gear from Nihla on a completely new character), you can probably farm 150 shards an hour if you're reasonably quick about it, which is enough to make t4 in literally every slot... he'll also drop runes to socket for resistances, and you'll likely get enough gold while you're down there.

Take some time and sit down with these cube recipes and the knowledge that Mephisto and Nihlathak each drop 2 arcane shards on Normal:

Any unique item + Catalyst of Disenchantment → Arcane Shards + Catalyst of Disenchantment
Arcane Shards x5 → Arcane Crystal
Any non-sacred item + Oil of Enhancement + Arcane Crystal x2 → reroll item as unique
Non-sacred weapon/armor + Arcane Crystal → reroll as next higher tier

Then you can make literally any item you want on this page, as long as you have the base for it: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/tiereduniques
And the best way to get the bases? Gamble them at Gheed! Completely ignore the stats on whatever you get, it just has to be the correct item type and ideally tier 2 (or higher if you're high enough level to get t3/t4 from gambling).