Complaints this season

Discuss Median XL!
sir_draconius
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
started playing online the goblin season with a fire sorc and enjoyed a lot ( lvl. 140,including labs)and learning the mechanics of Mxl (yes, i´m still learning), the next seasons ......complete dissapointed (can´t finish baal in hell),the devs nerfed a lot the char. ,hope more love for the sorcs in the future
thanks devs for your work and time
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
sir_draconius wrote:started playing online the goblin season with a fire sorc and enjoyed a lot ( lvl. 140,including labs)and learning the mechanics of Mxl (yes, i´m still learning), the next seasons ......complete dissapointed (can´t finish baal in hell),the devs nerfed a lot the char. ,hope more love for the sorcs in the future

Sorc wasn’t nerfed , you can still kill baal easily but in goblin season you had everything droped from goblins which made chars OP , you should always stick to the meta Chars as a new player , for example this season , Scorp blade sin, melee sin, caster stormzon, javazon , youll definetely kill baal and other ubers with these chars because they’re super strong and not requires much gearing .
sir_draconius
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
morphed wrote:
sir_draconius wrote:started playing online the goblin season with a fire sorc and enjoyed a lot ( lvl. 140,including labs)and learning the mechanics of Mxl (yes, i´m still learning), the next seasons ......complete dissapointed (can´t finish baal in hell),the devs nerfed a lot the char. ,hope more love for the sorcs in the future

Sorc wasn’t nerfed , you can still kill baal easily but in goblin season you had everything droped from goblins which made chars OP , you should always stick to the meta Chars as a new player , for example this season , Scorp blade sin, melee sin, caster stormzon, javazon , youll definetely kill baal and other ubers with these chars because they’re super strong and not requires much gearing .

maybe you're right,the goblins give more chance to complete the game,but what is the point of changing my character, which I am used to playing for another whose mechanics I do not understand (I tried it with the assassin). For me, it is like starting from scratch, but even so I will continue trying, since I have played Diablo from the beginning and I like what the devs did with medianxl
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1

Exactly, some favorite chars got nerfed to useless. Is that necessary? I remembered Chaostyls quit recently partly due to this!
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Not sure what you're talking about AT ALL.

Build diversity and viability has increased multiple-fold since goblin season. I think you might have some rose-tinted glasses because I remember a lot of build being sub-par trash before a lot of the reworks. You might not know this but there were times before where 50-60% of the ladder was literally the same build. There used to be like 2 viable oskills now there's like 20.

EDIT: For Proof..
Here remember when this was a thing?

You're new so I forgive you but the Median team has been doing a much better job of balancing over the past 2 seasons than ever before. They're reworking oskills, buffing sub-par builds and creating build variety.
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1
Ekital wrote:

Build diversity and viability has increased multiple-fold since goblin season. I think you might have some rose-tinted glasses because I remember a lot of build being sub-par trash before a lot of the reworks. You might not know this but there were times before where 50-60% of the ladder was literally the same build. There used to be like 2 viable oskills now there's like 20.

You're new so I forgive you but the Median team has been doing a much better job of balancing over the past 2 seasons than ever before. They're reworking oskills, buffing sub-par builds and creating build variety.

Can u help me? Tell me how u obtain that table. I really need help! (I mean this season table)
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dasdaadaa wrote:
Ekital wrote:

Can u help me? Tell me how u obtain that table. I really need help! (I mean this season table)

They used to be released each season but it brought out too much drama and was a pain to keep up with the changing build land-scape so it was scrapped.
Vatiel
Banned
31 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
People start to act very strange whenever there is a conversation about "the game"

Some will get very angry and defensive as if expressing discontent about game mechanics,
which is something common, is highly offensive to them, and they will proceed into becoming
religiously zealous in defense of the game against any and all self expression, literally.

Others will suddenly become withdrawn, reserved, silent, closely guarding their personal
relationship with the game, whatever that is.

It's pretty obvious these are signs of the unhealthy relationship people have with this game
in particular. Other games, especially MMO's, are notorious for having these kinds of negative
psychological impacts on players.

It's okay to have feelings, and to express them. Median XL is as much a community than merely
just some game. It changed the dynamic of players and the big faceless gaming company for
many people who have found refuge here. Private servers, and game modding, created a space
for players to have choice in a gaming universe that was increasingly becoming directed towards
development that would exploit people--which Median XL took an opposing stance towards from the start, which is why many of us support the community and the mod so fervently.

When this mod was first being played the community was everything, there wouldn't be a median XL without people helping each other purely for the benefit to the game and community growing. It's a fun game. It's a nice getaway from the extremely toxic environment gaming broadly has become across the board. It's really sad to me, to see that toxicity find it's way here. It's really difficult to take a game loaded with manipulative mechanics built in, and make it something sensible to humanity as opposed to what feels like dehumanization that sucks the life out of you and everyone else unfortunate enough
to buy what they're selling.

Whenever I talk about this game with other people, I mention these points immediately. It's the underlying theme of almost all modern gaming. These virtual worlds are a part of our society, our lives, and we should absolutely be aware of the fact they are designed in such a way to take extreme advantage of people, taking all of their time, and money, for the false sense of accomplishment flashing images, and prompt sounds can manipulate them into feeling for hours, days, months, years, of our lives.

Median XL changed that dramatically, and that underlying theme of it's ethos, standing against the mass exploitation tactics of big game developers is what made it so good in comparison. Sadly, I've seen that change in recent years, especially coinciding with the introduction of their own real life currency. And as the game mechanics became more standardized, similarly to other MMO's that take up huge amounts of people's time, misleading them into an endless loop of false promises, I saw the community here become much like everywhere else simultaneously.

Suddenly a quiet happy little virtual world, where people would help each other for the love of their own utopia, separate from the grinding extortion machine of the rest of the gaming world, became a sickening reflection of the real world, with people becoming addicted to the feeling of false accomplishment, on a never ending loop, and some in turn seeking to take advantage of others, even hurting other players.

We need to express ourselves about these things. I've never been lied to, harassed, or stolen from, until after the changes in recent years--which clearly are similar to that of other games that absorb people's lives leaving them feeling empty and cheated after all. I could go on in depth about how I feel the technical aspects themselves are manipulative, so much so, that the game has become corrupted as opposed to it's original form that I will never forget, or stop reminding people about. When I wanted to escape the mindless hell of almost all the other gaming world, I always came back to median, and found nice sane people to enjoy myself with, without feeling the pressure of needing to constantly perpetually advance some virtual goals, and keep quiet about the senseless authoritarian abuse against everyone.

In Old Median, there was a sense that the game world was for the players to enjoy and take advantage of, as opposed to the opposite situation--where the players were simply there to be taken advantage of by the programming of the inhuman virtual world. Myself and others included, who have been around awhile, never cease to rekindle that old feeling, and try to help others understand what it means, why it's important, and how they can have that healthy relationship with the game, instead of feeling helpless and abused, and becoming empowered instead.
Edited by Vatiel 1 year.
OnlyForFun
Cog
204 | 18
please tl;dr version, too much water....
dasdaadaa
Pit Knight
119 | 1
I don't understand what's the point of making builds useless. Even Chaostylz had to quit u know how serious it is.
Why not making them average, at least. Nerfing Crystal of tears that way is too much.