missing character

Discuss Median XL!
Bansanssh1mz1
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello. I returned to the game after a long time and it turned out that the palladin was missing on my account. Nickname " Jyggalag ". Hi has 90+ level (i remember using the demon form).
(and my friend with whom I played also lost his character)

Can anything be done about it?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Characters are removed from TSW if they haven't entered a game in 180 days. Nothing to be done.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
that's about 2 hours of time lost then?
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Yeah I had to learn this the hard why too. I lost 3 decked out builds all 140+ a Vesseldin, a Mana Sorc, and a Barb that I played a couple different endgame builds with to 145 or 146. It sucked but, at the same time I only really play ladder and they change so much stuff every patch it's not that big of a deal because chances are I wouldn't play them much again anyway. Losing all the Mules with tons of gear I had saved up to try out other builds sucked the most really.

Now with that fact in mind I pretty much quit hording and just sell anything I find in seasons that I wont have time to build around and only keep the stuff I'm interested in making a build around. Like the Strixclaw I found the other day, I've not played Druid much so that's pretty much giving me inspiration to give one a spin this season. But yeah Just login and enter a game with all your characters every couple months and it's not an issue.

One thing do wish they would do differently is send us a notification on here when the 30 day mark hits. I tend to check the forums and site for new patches or just check out the forums quite frequently and that would give people an even better heads up they are about to lose their characters.
cotetowemixx
Destroyer
7 | 0
me too :(
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Opgedronken wrote:that's about 2 hours of time lost then?

Not for everyone. Some people play slower, some are beginners, some just don't have much time to play. Not everyone can speedrun 1-100 in 2-4 hours
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
masochista wrote:

Not for everyone. Some people play slower, some are beginners, some just don't have much time to play. Not everyone can speedrun 1-100 in 2-4 hours

Exactly I'm a "slow runner" too. I don't have too much time to play, so I lost some of my chars in MP. For the moment I went to SP....
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
masochista wrote:

I play purely ssf, that's about as slow as it gets. once you get to hell difficulty you're usually lvl 100-105.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
masochista wrote:

That is indeed the case. I have a real-life, life, and cannot play this (or any other) game obsessively in the manner that some seem to think is "Standard Operating Procedure". I understand TSW's policy on this topic, as to do otherwise might risk them opening up a denial-of-service vulnerability by way of resource (disk space) exhaustion... but perhaps the grace period could be extended a bit, for non-Ladder characters? (I mean... the latter are clearly more "aged" than Ladder ones, so what would be the harm?).
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Mr_Bill wrote:
masochista wrote:

That is indeed the case. I have a real-life, life, and cannot play this (or any other) game obsessively in the manner that some seem to think is "Standard Operating Procedure". I understand TSW's policy on this topic, as to do otherwise might risk them opening up a denial-of-service vulnerability by way of resource (disk space) exhaustion... but perhaps the grace period could be extended a bit, for non-Ladder characters? (I mean... the latter are clearly more "aged" than Ladder ones, so what would be the harm?).

thing with that is, ladder chars become non-ladder automatically as soon as new season starts, right?
i'm a non-ladder player too, and was already one time close to loosing my main because of a longer break, that would've sucked a lot and was a bit of a shock.
the active non-ladder multiplayer community is quite small, but cozy. :)
maybe there still is a solution...