Discuss Median XL!
kris441
Gravedigger
194 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey folks, can you help me with gearing and lvling my throw baba. As far I can see the gear choice is very limited, not plenty of options for weapon slots, not many rune words. Furthermore, I think that the ele version would be stronger than phys?

Thank you in advance
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
I'm playing a SP throw barb... I've leveled him until hell Act 2 now... I begin with elemental: I buy a lvl 1 trhowing axe, and I begin to smash things until I finally unlock the main skills: wolven guide (10), wolf stance (maxed) and I play until act 3 Hatred, faming Mephisto. I finally used wolf stance on Mephisto, cause before the mana was low and I prefered use Eagle stance with stampede. (level 1 eagle). It works and is powerfull but I'm used to play with wolf... and I really like lifesteal... on reward I'm using runemaster... (remember the untwinked) cause I don't like too much the block route. I 've prefered max wolf, inmortal, stampede (18) and 12 in Overkill for unlock the proficiency but I still don'ta take anyone... The build is funny at level 107...

Uniques used: invictus (tu gilded shield), rockshatter (tu balanced axe, before that I was using a gambled trhowing axe), tu full plate mail, tu light belt (more liesteal) tu light plated boots (ar and dex bonus) tu light gauntlets (stats and % ar).
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
here's what i went with, IED based

nomad tree
throw tree
mastery tree
reward tree

weapon
belt
amulet
ring1
ring2

rest are TUs, MO'd with str, defense, life regen. Ko runes in sockets for max str

feels solid so far, though the delay on stampede is a bit obnoxious, slightly too long i think, and i've found no use for overkill, even before getting specialization stampede was outdamaging it in all scenarios

tips are welcome, i don't fully know what i'm doing
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Frytas wrote:here's what i went with, IED based

nomad tree
throw tree
mastery tree
reward tree

weapon
belt
amulet
ring1
ring2

rest are TUs, MO'd with str, defense, life regen. Ko runes in sockets for max str

feels solid so far, though the delay on stampede is a bit obnoxious, slightly too long i think, and i've found no use for overkill, even before getting specialization stampede was outdamaging it in all scenarios

tips are welcome, i don't fully know what i'm doing

About stats, how is your distribution? I've taken 300 stats in dex for AR. Sadly we don't have an AR buffing skill
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MUS01 wrote:About stats, how is your distribution? I've taken 300 stats in dex for AR. Sadly we don't have an AR buffing skill
full str, i had some points in dex initially but i respeced out of it after getting a bunch of charms

to make up for the missing AR, i got TU light gauntlets(they also give %str so not a terrible choice) and put some points into ancient blood(before unlocking specialization i had it almost maxed). also %ar orbs on weapon, would have prefered %IED but gotta be able to hit stuff first.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:I'm playing a SP throw barb... I've leveled him until hell Act 2 now... I begin with elemental: I buy a lvl 1 trhowing axe, and I begin to smash things until I finally unlock the main skills: wolven guide (10), wolf stance (maxed) and I play until act 3 Hatred, faming Mephisto. I finally used wolf stance on Mephisto, cause before the mana was low and I prefered use Eagle stance with stampede. (level 1 eagle). It works and is powerfull but I'm used to play with wolf... and I really like lifesteal... on reward I'm using runemaster... (remember the untwinked) cause I don't like too much the block route. I 've prefered max wolf, inmortal, stampede (18) and 12 in Overkill for unlock the proficiency but I still don'ta take anyone... The build is funny at level 107...

Uniques used: invictus (tu gilded shield), rockshatter (tu balanced axe, before that I was using a gambled trhowing axe), tu full plate mail, tu light belt (more liesteal) tu light plated boots (ar and dex bonus) tu light gauntlets (stats and % ar).

I think poison is way faster to level with in normal, you get huge dmg just from putting points in snake stance. Its great because you dont depend on weapon and wolf stance to do dmg.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
Istaryu wrote:
MUS01 wrote:I'm playing a SP throw barb... I've leveled him until hell Act 2 now... I begin with elemental: I buy a lvl 1 trhowing axe, and I begin to smash things until I finally unlock the main skills: wolven guide (10), wolf stance (maxed) and I play until act 3 Hatred, faming Mephisto. I finally used wolf stance on Mephisto, cause before the mana was low and I prefered use Eagle stance with stampede. (level 1 eagle). It works and is powerfull but I'm used to play with wolf... and I really like lifesteal... on reward I'm using runemaster... (remember the untwinked) cause I don't like too much the block route. I 've prefered max wolf, inmortal, stampede (18) and 12 in Overkill for unlock the proficiency but I still don'ta take anyone... The build is funny at level 107...

I think poison is way faster to level with in normal, you get huge dmg just from putting points in snake stance. Its great because you dont depend on weapon and wolf stance to do dmg.

Poison can be faster (you forgot mention the slow) but I prefer play with lifesteal...Also you don't depend on -% res... meh, Just play and get fun :)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MUS01 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Poison can be faster (you forgot mention the slow) but I prefer play with lifesteal...Also you don't depend on -% res... meh, Just play and get fun :)

I was specifically talking about normal, where you dont really have gear, so no lifesteal either, you dont need pierce to do dmg, you dont need anything, you just slap points in snake stance and you mow trough everything. In fact I leveled to like 80-90 with poison (but it started falloing off quite hard in nightmare since base dmg wont be carrying you that hard) where i can respec and gamble t4s to craft my items to save a few acs.