Make Riftwalker much more fun with this simple change

Discuss Median XL!
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
Riftwalker 3 is a fight that can be extermly triggering to fail at repeatedly. For many builds at season start it takes quite long to kill, at any time bad rng can end f**k you with a unlucky sequence of abilities and storm spawn points / invisible storms spawning / desync. The more fragile your character and the lower our DPS, the higher the likelihood something goes wrong somewhere and you have to start over. What makes this even worse is the possibility that you finish the fight and get told you did indeed take storm damage somewhere and now please do it one more time. Sometimes you want to argue that you didn't actually get hit visually on your screen but the server disagrees.

By creating some way to clearly tell when your bonus quest is still active
-People can quit fight instantly the second they make a mistake instead of being unsure and finishing the fight just in case.
-No more (or at least less) wondering if you desynced or not, if you can tell when it happened you will generally know if it could have been your mistake or not. I think playing the whole fight thinking you're doing everything right and then getting told you failed, without knowing when or why or if you even really did fail, is much more frustrating than even the game lagging out would be.

I think there is supposed to be some auditory feedback but
-some prefer playing without sound (or low sound), esp in a long fight you want to stay focused
-or with music
-some builds are so loud they drown out much of the fight noises and some builds can be really annoying to listen to.

I would prefer a more clear feedback mechnism, be it a more distinct sound that overrides anything else and practically cant be missed or some visual clue that is integrated into the enviorment, like a piece of rock that sinks into the lava once the quest is deactivated or somethign similar.
The permanent key of lie now makes it less bad to retry the fight but from what I can tell the bonus quest aspect could likewise be made much less aggravating and this can be done without requiring a lot of work/time.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
IronMan wrote:Riftwalker 3 is a fight that can be extermly triggering to fail at repeatedly. For many builds at season start it takes quite long to kill, at any time bad rng can end f**k you with a unlucky sequence of abilities and storm spawn points / invisible storms spawning / desync. The more fragile your character and the lower our DPS, the higher the likelihood something goes wrong somewhere and you have to start over. What makes this even worse is the possibility that you finish the fight and get told you did indeed take storm damage somewhere and now please do it one more time. Sometimes you want to argue that you didn't actually get hit visually on your screen but the server disagrees.

-People can quit fight instantly the second they make a mistake instead of being unsure and finishing the fight just in case.
-No more (or at least less) wondering if you desynced or not, if you can tell when it happened you will generally know if it could have been your mistake or not. I think playing the whole fight thinking you're doing everything right and then getting told you failed, without knowing when or why or if you even really did fail, is much more frustrating than even the game lagging out would be.

-some prefer playing without sound (or low sound), esp in a long fight you want to stay focused
-or with music
-some builds are so loud they drown out much of the fight noises and some builds can be really annoying to listen to.

I would prefer a more clear feedback mechnism, be it a more distinct sound that overrides anything else and practically cant be missed or some visual clue that is integrated into the enviorment, like a piece of rock that sinks into the lava once the quest is deactivated or somethign similar.
The permanent key of lie now makes it less bad to retry the fight but from what I can tell the bonus quest aspect could likewise be made much less aggravating and this can be done without requiring a lot of work/time.

Nice to see that you are worrying about Riftwalker 3, when for me, even Riftwalker 1 is an impossible quest (have tried it repeatedly with multiple different characters). Tried to dodge the charged bolt rings (1-shot if you get hit, even with 4K life and 76% lightening resist), was clearly way far away from the rings, no difference, FoH comes down at least 5 squares from me, "You Have Died".

SURELY I cannot be the only person who gets killed in this way, due to (I'd assume) desync. (No, it does not matter if I teleport, same thing happens.) Utterly impossible quest -- I can just imagine what Riftwalker 2 and 3 are like. :roll:
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
I just did Riftwalker 1st Bonus Quest with werewolf Druid.
I've seen a video on how to do it, read the docs and what I understood is that I have to avoid the circles with flying charged bolts? That's what I tried to do at least. I would swear that I stepped over 1-2 circles as I was fighting him, but in the end the charm dropped and I completed the quest.

Would like to add that I had a Merc with me and the Merc glitched Riftwalker (like he did with other Bosses), by taking Riftwalker's focus and making him not to cast any charged bolt circle, until I teleported and took Riftwalker's focus on me.
Giu
Core Lord
392 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mr_Bill wrote:
IronMan wrote:Riftwalker 3 is a fight that can be extermly triggering to fail at repeatedly. For many builds at season start it takes quite long to kill, at any time bad rng can end f**k you with a unlucky sequence of abilities and storm spawn points / invisible storms spawning / desync. The more fragile your character and the lower our DPS, the higher the likelihood something goes wrong somewhere and you have to start over. What makes this even worse is the possibility that you finish the fight and get told you did indeed take storm damage somewhere and now please do it one more time. Sometimes you want to argue that you didn't actually get hit visually on your screen but the server disagrees.

-or with music

Nice to see that you are worrying about Riftwalker 3, when for me, even Riftwalker 1 is an impossible quest (have tried it repeatedly with multiple different characters). Tried to dodge the charged bolt rings (1-shot if you get hit, even with 4K life and 76% lightening resist), was clearly way far away from the rings, no difference, FoH comes down at least 5 squares from me, "You Have Died".

SURELY I cannot be the only person who gets killed in this way, due to (I'd assume) desync. (No, it does not matter if I teleport, same thing happens.) Utterly impossible quest -- I can just imagine what Riftwalker 2 and 3 are like. :roll:

have you tried playing on different gs ?
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
yeah, I agree, this quest at 3rd time should be improved the mechanism
in my opinion:
1. there should be a totem or something else that spawn in the map, which has a "debuff-name 1st" aura that curse the player
- the 1st effect is to give player the Quest STATE, like the Bremmtown Quest when you first enter the red gate
- the 2nd effect is to link with the player's spirit. when the player get hit by riftstorm, the totem will be reflected damage and destroyed. that means you can quit the game and redo this quest
2. frost shambler also has a "debuff-name 2nd" aura too, works the same as the totem's aura 1st effect
3. when you kill the boss, with under 2 aura effects (like Judgement Day Quest), you can cube the charm with its ingredient. otherwise mission failed