Ancient's Hand Barb

Discuss Median XL!
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
I decided to give a try for Ancient's Hand Barb.

My thoughts are to craft a helm with ancient's hand and invest in high damage weapon (with on striking proc if possible). Gear should focus on fire pierce.

Which stance do you think would be better to use?
I thought maybe go for wolf stance.

About skills, I thought of something like elementalist builds.

Need your thoughts on how to make it work.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
skip it

skill sucks ever since pmsd bug was fixed, need to go back and adjust the classic barb trio back up
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
pmsd bug? What's that?

and what do you mean by that? "need to go back and adjust the classic barb trio back up"

Barb used to be my favorite build.. I started with a WW barb this time, coming back to Median after years, and I quitted on him because he was superboring to me.. Was hoping I could make and Ancient's Hand one (nostalgia), but its very frustrating if its not working..

Can you suggest some other barb build to play? With some melee Oskill maybe? (Im not into ranged or summon builds.. I also saw the elementalist with that new skill that goes only diagonicaly, but Im not impressed either..)

Edit: What about Whirlpool?
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
potapo_gourouni wrote:pmsd bug? What's that?

and what do you mean by that? "need to go back and adjust the classic barb trio back up"

Barb used to be my favorite build.. I started with a WW barb this time, coming back to Median after years, and I quitted on him because he was superboring to me.. Was hoping I could make and Ancient's Hand one (nostalgia), but its very frustrating if its not working..

Can you suggest some other barb build to play? With some melee Oskill maybe? (Im not into ranged or summon builds.. I also saw the elementalist with that new skill that goes only diagonicaly, but Im not impressed either..)

elemental barb is fuckin monster. Best skills you can dream is his magic wind. None could be better if you choose melee path. you should give it a try. whirlpool is good if you want an OS only
Giu
Core Lord
392 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
potapo_gourouni wrote:pmsd bug? What's that?

ancient's hand. iceburst and stormblast all deal shit damage atm, dont bother with then, whirlpool also meh since it has a tiny cooldown now.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
The skill multihit a lot so it's pretty nice when paired with either the wolf companion curse or banish.
Play like any ele barb would but make sure you have one of them, easy way is to craft a crystal sword with banish on melee attack, with nephalem spirit you will naturally have a source of each 3 elemental damage, which is what works with this kind of curse. Get some pierce and all, then that's it you can't do much more.
morphed
Grubber
332 | 34
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anc hand is bad , its like 1/3 dmg of primordial strike , no point to use it, wait for next patch maybe it gets buff, there was a bug a few years back which multiplied the wdm% of any skills with physical spell dmg % , so barb for example could get over 200% spell dmg from buffs and charms back then which made him deal atleast 3x compared to now , if you really want to test it now , your best bet is stormblast and iceburst with the su items which adds 1 more projectile per attack , they are better than AH , AH, stormblast, ice burst are the same skill hits around 20 times only difference is the animation and which element it converts to from phys , they need around 80-90% wdm to be compared to primo strike ,