TG credit system?

Discuss Median XL!
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think tg are not really an issue for the game and ladder longevity ... i think a few days ago on discord there was a discussion related to ssf ladder even (which i would welcome and probably play, but i am not sure is a good idea given the thin player base).

related to the tg credit, i don't think it is a good idea. as you said, it can be exploited by using multiple accounts, and it's also quite complicated and convoluted. instead, i think that blocking tg trades - or trade in general - for the first week (or another time limit) could be more effective. also in this case, there is the issue of people who could just trade the items and send the tg later, after the deadline expires. in short, there is really no way to limit the use of tg in any of the suggested ways, unless there is a control system in place and bans coming and tg removals for players going against the rules. if it is possible to check if there are breaches, then instead of a tg credit you could limit the amount of tg usable in a season to a certain amount (for example, 1k .. random number).

but in my humble opinion, the main issue is not tg, but it is trading charms. trading charms should not be allowed. I mean, charms shall be bind to the character who earned them (not even the account, ie. not possible to use on any other character apart from the one who earned them).

now i see this as the main issue for longevity but also for the competitiveness of the ladder. tg is secondary.
frozsoul
Cultist
24 | 3
Inno86 wrote:
but in my humble opinion, the main issue is not tg, but it is trading charms. trading charms should not be allowed. I mean, charms shall be bind to the character who earned them (not even the account, ie. not possible to use on any other character apart from the one who earned them).

now i see this as the main issue for longevity but also for the competitiveness of the ladder. tg is secondary.

Tend to agree with your opinion about trading charms. The game will be much more fun when it is forbidden.
Edited by frozsoul 8 months.
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AGsniper wrote:With several people having well over 20k tg, im surprised cost inflation hasnt hit yet. Items are still being sold for 20-30 tg.

Just my opinion but it seems to be a market that doesnt make sense. Flame away.

That is entirely because of the small population of the game.

People are shooting themselves in the foot by charging little TG even for rare stuff and the demand isn't high enough to charge more.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Inno86 wrote:but in my humble opinion, the main issue is not tg, but it is trading charms. trading charms should not be allowed. I mean, charms shall be bind to the character who earned them (not even the account, ie. not possible to use on any other character apart from the one who earned them).

This wouldnt solve anything as ppl can just join your game and kill the boss for you.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Inno86 wrote:but in my humble opinion, the main issue is not tg, but it is trading charms. trading charms should not be allowed. I mean, charms shall be bind to the character who earned them (not even the account, ie. not possible to use on any other character apart from the one who earned them).

This wouldnt solve anything as ppl can just join your game and kill the boss for you.

Well, first you cannot get the roll you want. Second, it's very inconvenient. Third, there could be ways to prevent this to happen. As I mentioned, if the charms are binded to the character who kills the boss, no way to trade charms.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Inno86 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Well, first you cannot get the roll you want. Second, it's very inconvenient. Third, there could be ways to prevent this to happen. As I mentioned, if the charms are binded to the character who kills the boss, no way to trade charms.

You damage a boss to 1 hp and let the buyer kill it. No way.
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Inno86 wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

You damage a boss to 1 hp and let the buyer kill it. No way.

Again, you cannot choose the charm rolls. Also, some Ubers cannot do, for example Lazarus and others bcs of timer.
RyougiShiki
Pit Knight
117 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Inno86 wrote:

if so tons of build can't get laz/sam/nithougur charms... not mention trophy/unique relic drop. unless make these drop 100% and unique for the char, otherwise i don't think this system can run with out game settings now.
You can compare to D3 that how things bond to char and can't trade.

for these builds' player they are very happy to spend some tg to buy them. I don't get the reason why this harm ss life.

The essence issue that ss is short caz, for me i don't even need to plan something, the game is easy and i can finish it in a week or so. same for others, even most newbie players can copy some ladder char and get a really good result.