Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I wasn't much impressed when I played ultimative at the time aahz promoted it recently, but one big thing I noted are reanimates. The first random one I got with lvl challenge 0 looked so cool I was happy just to see it
drasch21
Azure Drake
168 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
my biggest gripe with the game(and i still play every season) is more build diversity on the top end and more variety of item build. Most WDM characters are build more or less the same(phy insert standard phy wdm, IED insert standard IED WDM, caster insert this gear) etc. More unique scaling vectors that work at the late game would be neat.

The mod is still great overall and one of the most challenging d2 mods out there. I dont personally think theres much issue with the current game difficulty wise - although more end game stuff thats on par with Sam/Deimoss would be cool! nitho not having some a tedious entry cost would be a nice step as well for me.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
make labs not a chore, the layouts are boring, the monster variety is boring, the way it pigeonholes your character into certain ways of building IE getting a ton of max res etc.. makes all but the most top tier builds not able to do most of the content since you have to sacrifice so much to get the res you need unless your skill is way overtuned compared to the other "normal" skills it isnt going to lab well. Even if labs were interesting and varied there are some big issues with it, as it stands the only fun part about lab is doing deimoss at the end and upgrading your key. MXL team could take a page out of the way project d2 or other d2 mods have handled "mapping" systems and spend some time bringing the quality of lab up to that level. I think Labs have the potential to be great but as they are now they are really lame compared to how incredible the rest of this mod is.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
shnurr214 wrote:make labs not a chore, the layouts are boring, the monster variety is boring, the way it pigeonholes your character into certain ways of building IE getting a ton of max res etc.. makes all but the most top tier builds not able to do most of the content since you have to sacrifice so much to get the res you need unless your skill is way overtuned compared to the other "normal" skills it isnt going to lab well. Even if labs were interesting and varied there are some big issues with it, as it stands the only fun part about lab is doing deimoss at the end and upgrading your key. MXL team could take a page out of the way project d2 or other d2 mods have handled "mapping" systems and spend some time bringing the quality of lab up to that level. I think Labs have the potential to be great but as they are now they are really lame compared to how incredible the rest of this mod is.

i'd like to add that the mapping system for torchlight 2 which i think started that concept (could be wrong) is also worth taking a look at. focuses on player skill for progression rather than rng.
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd play for a much longer period per season and every season if they sat down 1 season and really just thought about how to make a very large number of oskills actually viable.

It would MASSIVELY impact the game's economy as well because many higher tier SUs see little to no use despite their rarity and sell for nothing. With more viable skills, you'd have more viable items. Better economy means longer season momentum. Once you've nailed that part, then you can start adding content back in.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Not complaining, but I miss rolling for good reanimates, also I am a sucker for Aura build, I find it neat that I can pass colorful aura to my minions and merc, and now we pretty much don't have any of it, aside from Necro Skellies.
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
CMBurns wrote:I'd play for a much longer period per season and every season if they sat down 1 season and really just thought about how to make a very large number of oskills actually viable.

It would MASSIVELY impact the game's economy as well because many higher tier SUs see little to no use despite their rarity and sell for nothing. With more viable skills, you'd have more viable items. Better economy means longer season momentum. Once you've nailed that part, then you can start adding content back in.

I like builds based on Oskills a ton too! Would definitely love to have a bigger pool of viable oskills. Also, I think it would be really nice to have them spawn on items on earlier levels, so someone could actually level up with the oskill of his choice rather than waiting to reach to a certain high level in order to spawn them on item and use them.

Something else that would be interesting in my opinion, is to add morphs into all classes (like superbeast, deathlord, owl, etc..).
I just came back since the last patch before sigma and feelings are mixed.
Are relics like cornerstones used to be? If so, I think this is bad for the game.
Currently, I enjoy a lot the new bestiary! Awesome looks and visual effects! The difficulty could be raised a bit imo. Many Ubers got way easy I think, which brings some frustration to me.

I think some info from new players and old missing players on the mod would be really beneficial if developers are looking up for changes.
Keep up the good work!!
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bring back powerful procs :( non-wdm procs now pretty much suck unless you scale everything around them, they used to be meaningful and eye-candy. Now they are just eye-candy. And they arent procing that often as well
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Taem wrote:Such a loaded question;

For me, it was the survival aspect I enjoyed. I've said this many times, but I guess it's worth repeating: Bring back PUNISHER 1HTKO traps and I'd come back.

Second, I'd like to see some of the OLD UBERS changed back to Laz era. The Butcher reverted to how it was, where you had to let the butcher beat the shit out of you to defeat him, literally super challenging and fun. K3K invincible skelies till you killed the totems super difficult and fun! Fucking DEATH projector actually doing 1HTKO on a SLOW moving arm; very fair, only morons die here, and Horazons Sanctum also while we're at it! All the new changes suck d!ck IMO, enough for me to not play anymore and not donate, though the new content/ubers in Sigma is fun and on point.

Originally, I was also pretty unhappy with the new skill trees for a bit, but I think Relics really filled that void with much needed diversity, so IDK if I agree with you completely on unlocking every skill tree. Also, there is so much more item diversity now, overall the game is really much bigger and better, but until my #1 and #2 up above are addressed, I don't see myself ever playing again.

You got me reminiscing about the witches and warlocks from OLD median, even that one tower cellar lookin map from old sigma leaks, even the level 0 challenge, and yes I feel like there's times where some ubers feel less fun when you can just steamroll through without having a strategy that doesn't involve purify for once
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
potapo_gourouni wrote:
CMBurns wrote:I'd play for a much longer period per season and every season if they sat down 1 season and really just thought about how to make a very large number of oskills actually viable.

I like builds based on Oskills a ton too! Would definitely love to have a bigger pool of viable oskills. Also, I think it would be really nice to have them spawn on items on earlier levels, so someone could actually level up with the oskill of his choice rather than waiting to reach to a certain high level in order to spawn them on item and use them.

Something else that would be interesting in my opinion, is to add morphs into all classes (like superbeast, deathlord, owl, etc..).
I just came back since the last patch before sigma and feelings are mixed.
Are relics like cornerstones used to be? If so, I think this is bad for the game.
Currently, I enjoy a lot the new bestiary! Awesome looks and visual effects! The difficulty could be raised a bit imo. Many Ubers got way easy I think, which brings some frustration to me.

I think some info from new players and old missing players on the mod would be really beneficial if developers are looking up for changes.
Keep up the good work!!

I think the work they did with relics is healthy for the game from a game-design standpoint, but many of the oskills suffered from being unable to stack relics. A lot of the skills are so innately weak that they needed ridiculously high levels to be usable. With balancing based on the current relic system, I think relics are pretty awesome. It's too bad they keep removing buff relics tho honestly.

I agree that many oskills should be available much earlier on for people to play through the campaign with.

Oh also instead of DELETING CATACLYSM maybe you could just give it back to me already. I swear when they did this I just fucked off for like 2 seasons. I wanted it balanced, not gone. Now we have apocalypse with boring shenanigans that's supposed to fill the "same role" despite the skills being quite different functionally. /rant