331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Taem wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Reeses wrote:
AGsniper wrote:When tbings start to slow down after the first 2 weeks of the season, whats the point of dragging out 20 players on realm and a dead trade market for 4 more months?

Letting devs take a rest so they dont deal with burn out and can work on new content after the fact. Unless you just want like...A full reset of the same patch or something?

Get diablo 3 meanwhile ! Got it three days ago. Awesome!!

Did you mean to say Diablo 4? Or do you actually enjoy D3?

Diablo 3. Like the storyline and the gameplay :d
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Berkabus1 wrote:
Taem wrote:
Berkabus1 wrote:
Reeses wrote:
AGsniper wrote:When tbings start to slow down after the first 2 weeks of the season, whats the point of dragging out 20 players on realm and a dead trade market for 4 more months?

Letting devs take a rest so they dont deal with burn out and can work on new content after the fact. Unless you just want like...A full reset of the same patch or something?

Get diablo 3 meanwhile ! Got it three days ago. Awesome!!

Did you mean to say Diablo 4? Or do you actually enjoy D3?

Diablo 3. Like the storyline and the gameplay :d

I enjoyed D3, the problem is it isn't D2. It was a good game in it's own right but not good enough to lure me away. The pay to win part of it turned me off too.
Jakelapeno
Destroyer
6 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The next season
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Jakelapeno wrote:The next season

Agreed 100%, but be careful. People get their feelings hurt when that suggestion is made.
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
119 | 8
If you want a DOOPAMINE train from frequent resets, PooE is a better fit for you. When PooE 2 lands it will have a different schedule from PooE 1. Coupled with events and custom leagues, you can replay leveling in acts for eternity.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
(TLDR: IDC about new season without a new patch because current progression makes me go to sleep. Suggestions for fix at the bottom of post)

My opinon: New season makes no difference to me. Not because I don't play multiplayer, but because I used to enjoy starting new chars for fun. But the game's progression curve, as it is now, has been flattened out so much that it's just not that much fun to do.

There is nothing much happening in norm/nightmare, except you have to do horadric staff/organs/jungle run each time which is an asinine chore after the 3nd char. Tran level challenge is a joke, but that's fine. Point is, very early gameplay is unexciting and tiresome.

But then, in hell mode, it's the same dumb shit again, and it's not even possible to get charms during progression because chars are always a bunch of levels short of being able to enter. At least for me, and I've started many a new char, and it's never been the case that I've been able to enter just by passing by the first time.
While this prevents new players from accidentally entering, it also slows down progression, because gear is harder to equip and general char power level is less. The annoying thing is, the portal is right there.
► Show Spoiler

Then the uber leveling is slow as well. If experience gain was double it might be less annoying, but as it is now, it's just slow.
It happens a lot in very early game that chars lag behind and have to backtrack. And uber leveling is a snoozefest.
I understand that the increased range for xp gain did not work out for the current patch, but there has to be something to replace it.

Old Median had many things wrong with it, but leveling up felt better. For sure.

So, what I would suggest, what would "bring me back" on the issue of progression:
-global x2 xp boost before 135
-removed requirements to collect staff/organs
-shrinked jungle
-shrinked Den of Evil ("1 monster left" will always be a meme, even with smaller den)
-removal of level requirements for ubers that don't focus on leveling like Butcher, Tal Rasha, Infernal Machine, Death Projector, etc.
-increased rune drop chances in normal mode (can't have act 2 without pax mystica and basic rw, come on!)
-a way to downgrade runes again
-bigger selection of items from normal a1 vendors for quicker frw boots/socket items

The point is to make it enjoyable, or at least not annoying, to start a new char, no matter if it's new season or not
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
void wrote:
-global x2 xp boost before 135
-removed requirements to collect staff/organs
-shrinked jungle
-shrinked Den of Evil ("1 monster left" will always be a meme, even with smaller den)
-removal of level requirements for ubers that don't focus on leveling like Butcher, Tal Rasha, Infernal Machine, Death Projector, etc.
-increased rune drop chances in normal mode (can't have act 2 without pax mystica and basic rw, come on!)
-a way to downgrade runes again
-bigger selection of items from normal a1 vendors for quicker frw boots/socket items

The point is to make it enjoyable, or at least not annoying, to start a new char, no matter if it's new season or not

Agree with this.
But I think removed requirements to collect staff/organs is not possible without big & deep modification so very hard to implement
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
blatkill wrote:I think removed requirements to collect staff/organs is not possible without big & deep modification so very hard to implement

It had been removed in earlier Median versions. You were able to just enter. It's also possible to have a cube recipe to make the readily assembled items.
So there are known ways to circumvent the requirement.
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
void wrote:(TLDR:

But then, in hell mode, it's the same dumb shit again, and it's not even possible to get charms during progression because chars are always a bunch of levels short of being able to enter. At least for me, and I've started many a new char, and it's never been the case that I've been able to enter just by passing by the first time.
While this prevents new players from accidentally entering, it also slows down progression, because gear is harder to equip and general char power level is less. The annoying thing is, the portal is right there.
► Show Spoiler

Then the uber leveling is slow as well. If experience gain was double it might be less annoying, but as it is now, it's just slow.
It happens a lot in very early game that chars lag behind and have to backtrack. And uber leveling is a snoozefest.
I understand that the increased range for xp gain did not work out for the current patch, but there has to be something to replace it.

Alternatively, you could learn to not be underleveled all the time and progress more normally instead of rushing acts. The only "badly" placed uber for me is Bul-Kathos, I always do it at 115+. But I never have to backtrack at any points during hell progression, except like getting to ta or something, but it's far from significant.
x2 xp early is a ridiculous suggestion, the progression is fast enough already. Vanilla quest is an understandable point, normal and nightmare definitely need a bit more variety to it. But I can't agree with any other points
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I still don't get the point of level requirements. What's the problem with accidentally entering Dunc @ lvl110 and getting obliterated? I get it for hardcore, but hardcore requires quite a bit of knowledge just to get to hell anyways. There's no real penalty for dying in softcore, so who cares if you accidentally enter an area way above your level?