What would bring you back to Median XL?

Discuss Median XL!
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Shorter seasons would bring me back. This season died so long ago that the widow has already remarried.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AGsniper wrote:Shorter seasons would bring me back. This season died so long ago that the widow has already remarried.

The ship has sailed, the son grew into a man, your mamma so old she was around last MXL season.
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
AGsniper wrote:Shorter seasons would bring me back. This season died so long ago that the widow has already remarried.

Yeah, having more like a 2 month cycle rather than a 3-4 month one sounds a lot more fun to me, but I have no idea what the stats suggests the majority of players would think about that.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
IronMan wrote:

Yeah, having more like a 2 month cycle rather than a 3-4 month one sounds a lot more fun to me, but I have no idea what the stats suggests the majority of players would think about that.

I don't think devs would have enough time for meaningful changes in a 2 month period, having in mind they probably take some break after a season launch. So each version would be almost the same, even more than it is now. I usually skip seasons if they didn't provide something more interesting, so I'd most likely skip even more if they were 2 months each. Another reason is that I like playing a lot in a low amount of time and then taking months of break, so playing 2 seasons in a row would be just exhausting for me if they were 2 months each. It heavily depends on the way you play the game, so to each their own.
PitStains
Balrog
124 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The only problem with 3-4 month ladder is that by month 2 all the trading has dried up and you’re basically playing solo. I don’t think changing to a 2 month ladder would help, people would just skip every other season; but retaining people longer/deeper into the season is the better solution.
IronMan
Lava Lord
91 | 9
Marrt wrote:
IronMan wrote:

I don't think devs would have enough time for meaningful changes in a 2 month period, having in mind they probably take some break after a season launch. So each version would be almost the same, even more than it is now. I usually skip seasons if they didn't provide something more interesting, so I'd most likely skip even more if they were 2 months each. Another reason is that I like playing a lot in a low amount of time and then taking months of break, so playing 2 seasons in a row would be just exhausting for me if they were 2 months each. It heavily depends on the way you play the game, so to each their own.

You could have major changes every other season. That way people also feel less fomo to try out the newest build before it gets nerfed from its initial release state. I can see a bunch of problems with shorter season, from the additional effort required to the more frequent overlaps with other games that comes with higher number of season starts per year and so on. But it is also the thing I would get by far the most hyped for if it ever came to be.

I really enjoy the game, I play offline from time to time between seasons, but the most fun I have is always in the first 1-2 weeks after a new seasons starts. For me having that happen every 2 months instead of every 3-4 would not make it frequent enough to lose its enjoyment. But as I said, I have no idea what the majority of players would think of that. It's just a strong personal preferance.
Shinoda
Skeleton
2 | 0
The main problem i have is the way to use skills iam more used to press Q W E R T for skills or some other keys instead of left or right mouse button i sometiems even use "move" on one of the action keys (Q or W) mainly cuze my right hand hurts from work/playing other games.
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not sure if the problem with Median is about what to bring back?
I personally play when other plays, when trade market is dynamic and my teammates are there, that usually is 3-4weeks.
When 1 month of season ends, trade dies, my friends leave and its starting to get boring...
Sometimes I think - would it make us more happier to have season reset lets say every 2months even with less patch changes?
Edited by boozek 7 months.
hopimiel
Fallen
1 | 0
Frequent resets can prevent staleness and keep the game interesting by providing a new start every couple of months.
AGsniper
Sasquatch
65 | 3
When tbings start to slow down after the first 2 weeks of the season, whats the point of dragging out 20 players on realm and a dead trade market for 4 more months?