oil drop rng

Discuss Median XL!
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
after 5 full clears ( means 'all' side areas ) a single one 'could' ( should ) drop, whats not happen sometimes....

imo, there could be a cube material drop for each time rng based like arcane shards, that for a recipe to cube an oil of the following list

for example, clearing one temple in act 3 leads to atleast 1 shard wich can be cubed to 1 oil, when stacked to 5 of them

lets say an oil alchemy extract shard :mrgreen:

Oil of Greater Luck: found within the Cave, the Hole and the Pit on Hell difficulty.
Oil of Augmentation: found within the Stony Tomb, the Halls of the Dead and the Ancient Tunnels on Hell difficulty.
Oil of Intensity: found within the Arachnid Lair, the Swampy Pit, the Flayer Dungeon and the temples which stand in Kurast on Hell difficulty.
Oil of Conjuration: found within the portals and the optional caverns in Act 5 on Hell difficulty.

how you thinking about that ?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
You find so many scrolls for the undead invasion event, you don't really need to farm the side areas.
I always only farm them when running for a perfect charm from the infernal machine quest.
You can usually get a couple of luck potions doing this.
After that the invasion quest and scosglen give you enough oils.
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
118 | 8
Or just nuke all these oils from the game, since they don't provide any value beyond forcing to run braindead content. There are gacha boxes and corruptions for those addicted to gambling and those don't require running low level areas.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
BearBearderBarb wrote:Or just nuke all these oils from the game, since they don't provide any value beyond forcing to run braindead content. There are gacha boxes and corruptions for those addicted to gambling and those don't require running low level areas.

That's simply not true. Each of the oils has good value and everyone looking to maximize their gear potential is using them. If you're not interested in that.. then pretend they do not exist. Regarding the braindead content, well everyone will agree on this. Devs want to give these side areas some meaning but just the fact that they are low level content means that farming them in any way is just boring, even if they add some kind of boss there. Imo any content farming should only be focused on lvl 120+ bosses or rifts. I'd do something like, collect charms from boss X, Y and Z and cube them together.

I dislike the new amulet crafting system as well - a good idea with a bad implementation once again. Re-running one of the first bosses you defeat gets away the joy from crafting. The old dragon crafting system was so much better than this, just give a 20-30 sec crafting time after defeating a lvl 130 boss and call it a day. Also add this for rings and quivers too.
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
Just put dragons as bosses in these areas
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
BearBearderBarb wrote:Or just nuke all these oils from the game, since they don't provide any value beyond forcing to run braindead content. There are gacha boxes and corruptions for those addicted to gambling and those don't require running low level areas.

This would be the best solution, along with permanent MO's. It's just an extra artificial time/resources sink.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Opgedronken wrote:

This would be the best solution, along with permanent MO's. It's just an extra artificial time/resources sink.

Have you tried getting honorific base with good abandoned bless? Boots are a usual choice and they are pain in the ass to get perfect. Can you imagine how much more "artificial time" you'd put into searching for bases if AR rolled 24-120 instead of 74-120 with intensity? Have you bought multiple expensive amulets to try and get a +1 skill on it, or trying to get a SU weapon with ar/corruption and put these "resources" in the trash bin? I'll say it again - you're not forced into using the oils if you don't like them. The topic is about making them deterministic in some way, not removing them altogether.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
You can't ignore them, you lose way too much stats. All these extra mods to put on items are just a way to increase scarcity.
I don't know who exactly benefits from that but, I guess some people like layers of rng added.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
ty you all so much for the posts

i hope the MXL team gets out some good idea's out of it

everyone stay safe, goodluck