Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, if you are restricting yourself from using shrine crafted items (or even sacred honorifics i guess), your only option is pretty much caster builds, because attack builds without a decent crafted weapon are gonna hit a brick wall, or at the least a huge pain in the ass to progress with.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bliyadolubov wrote:dont understand that concept. There are many runwords and tierd uniques with absolutly different power level, many uniques for specific builds, there is no guarentie that you ever get drop you need, some of them absolute trash. As for builds, some need mostly runewords, some rely on uniques, which means some build are easier to play. Okay, and where will be the end of game with such concept, to what point are planing to go with it, if i play in such style i would stuck at some medium ubers, i dont like it, i wat to beat game at 100%

Do you not understand the concept, or why someone would want to do it?

The concept is that you are not doing anything where you "alter" the stats of an item that dropped. The entire challenge relies on true drop-RNG rather than repeated rerolls (shrines/gambling), predetermined farmable items (TUs), etc. And yes, it takes the guarantee of certain items out of the equation... Intentionally.

Another way to think about it is it's a much more Vanilla-D2 experience/challenge, atleast as far as wearable items are concerned.

This is not meant to be an easy challenge. So it might not be for you if you like having certain items and having a smoother go at Ubers. Again, this is a 100% self-imposed challenge. It's for someone who wants to test their skills, play the game differently, learn from their struggles, share their experience, etc.
lonelycoconut
Cultist
23 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Semigloss wrote:What you are ultimately after is a playstyle where you have to rely on "drop RNG" alone.

I like the concept and think it'd be a fun challenge. Based on my first sentence, here are my thoughts on your list:

ALLOWED (YES = AGREE)
Anything that physically drops as-is - YESsss
Gambled items - NO
Regular MO’s - NOOOOOO NO NO
Shrine Blessing - OKAY for blessing only
Sockets with Gems/Runes/Jewels - YES, see my runeword comment below regarding jewels
Charsi/Larzuk quests - YES
Signet of Learning.- YES
Charms/Trophies - YES

BANNED (NO = AGREE)
Buying socketed/Sup items from merchants - NO
Crafting Uniques with AC’s - DEF NO
High-tier Runewords - YES, I think all runewords should be fair game so long as you drop the correct runes and drop an item with the correct amount of sockets. No jewels should be allowed for runewords. Sacreds do still drop with random socket count, right?
Crafted Jewels - NO
Crafting seasonal Sets - NO
Sacred Rare Shrine crafting - NO
Adding sockets by cubing with jewels - NO
Superior Oils - NO (called oil of renewal). I would also add oils of enhancement here too.

MAYBE:
Honorifics - NO
Magic Find MO’s - NO
UMO’s - YES!!
Runewords with runes up to Zod - YES
Crafted Amulets - NO
Low-level starter Runewords before lvl 30 - YES
Luck Oils - YES
Lottery - YES

Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the same page with most of what you said. I think I will go with Runewords if and only if I get the exact right amount of sockets, and won't cube runes up. Considering how rare the set amulets will be, and since there was some crafting in LoD even, I think I'll still do crafted ammys. And gambling since the stats are still totally random. Anyway, thanks.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
lonelycoconut wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the same page with most of what you said. I think I will go with Runewords if and only if I get the exact right amount of sockets, and won't cube runes up. Considering how rare the set amulets will be, and since there was some crafting in LoD even, I think I'll still do crafted ammys. And gambling since the stats are still totally random. Anyway, thanks.

I would probably say yes to cubing runes, only on the basis that it really only gets you up one or two rune levels, and that you can only do it up to Zod level (iirc). You're still gated by RNG on account of needing to drop multiple of Rune A to get Rune C. It can really suck if youre level 120+ looking for an elusive Lum rune (i.e.) lol.

Set Amulets drop like candy beyond alvl100, but you're right about the LoD crafting (and on amulets specifically).

Gambling is probably good too (also a useful LoD feature). It requires gold management to some extent, and you also can't gamble sacreds which I think is a good balance.

At any rate, enough of my opinions. Please report back how your experience goes, should you decide to embark on this epic quest. Cheers Mate!