Tree Druid Opinions?

Discuss Median XL!
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
My wife has decided to take the plunge into mxl (multiplayer) with me and has decided to start off with a Treewarden Druid. The only guide I can find on Treewardens is one in Chuck Norris' miniguides that needs an update. So far we've decided on maxing wildfire, acid fiends, poison flash, treewarden form, and ubers (went with Force of nature). We're planning on starting off with Nih runeword body armor and boots, On runeword belt and shield.

What do you guys think of the build so far? Anyone else out there have any good experiences with Tree druids? And should she stick with the 1-h axe & shield or is there a 2-h option which would be better? Should we be looking for more procs and fire/poison damage on items or for %damage and ewd, due to her main attacks being poison flash and wildfire?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I would say Vith belt, Nih boots, Pul gloves, Lo druid helmet maybe?

Not sure about viability but I'm pretty sure axe and shield is a better idea. Try out the gehenna rw in an axe.

You can later on get a Sacred Unique axe with a really nice proc and mountain king shield and really have a nice proctree, but I am not sure about viability yet.

If she doesn't like it maybe a trap rat will be nice, it's a good starter char and gives a lot of flexibility buildwise.
Dehok
Prowler
16 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Here is an old thread on the old forum that may help a little: http://www.medianxl.com/t897-treewarden-help

Here is MarcoNecroX's old treewarden guide : http://www.medianxl.com/h8-treewarden

The guide is outdated, but a lot of the information is very helpful, I hope this helps a bit!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shovelspoon wrote:Chuck Norris' miniguide ... needs an update
i'll try to update it today or tomorrow . i hope i won't forget to do it when i arrive home from work :)

there are 2 possible ways for a treewarden : elemental (the one in my compilation) and the regular one - based on the weapon damage skills - you can have a look at the one created by Marco a few years ago for tips if you pick that build . Both builds are viable ofc

Shovelspoon wrote:we've decided on maxing wildfire, acid fiends, poison flash, treewarden form, and ubers (went with Force of nature)
it's ok , that's the way to go . full strength
Shovelspoon wrote:We're planning on starting off with Nih runeword body armor and boots, On runeword belt and shield.
you haven't played as a treewarden and you are respec-ing as one ?

Shovelspoon wrote:1-h axe & shield or is there a 2-h option which would be better? Should we be looking for more procs and fire/poison damage on items or for %damage and ewd, due to her main attacks being poison flash and wildfire?
the stats from the TU Giant Axe are great for early-mid game - no combo of 1h+ shield can beat it untill you can find end game great runes (Adramlech RW / Arachnophilia RW as examples) / SU's (gehenna RW won't help half as much as the TU giant axe) . still , if you encounter places where extra defence is needed you can keep a 1h + shield on switch for extra defence . Acid fiends provide enough meatshield for you so you may not bother much with stacking defence ....

in end game you may go for 1h+ shield but also keep another 1h+shield / 2h option on switch that has good stats/proc . Try having different procs on switch weapons so you may make use of them if the situations require dealing a different type of damage than your regular one.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
the best weapon is the one that deals most damage, its one of those builds that will fail if you want to play it safe and stack defense. Focus on max dr% ( which is fairly easy as treewarden) and rest into killspeed. Max Strength is a decent way to go!!! ( but also pay attention to your AR)

You are doing it right when idol of scosglen leeches you to full whenever it goes off
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@OP make sure you can distinguish betewen the replies about the elemental build and the replies about the regular treewarden build . don't make a mess in your toughts :D
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just ignore everything above and use tree warden with set.
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Shovelspoon wrote:We're planning on starting off with Nih runeword body armor and boots, On runeword belt and shield.
you haven't played as a treewarden and you are respec-ing as one ?

Actually she tried a Tree druid last time we played SP, we used to switch back and forth because we only had 1 laptop. We just barely got her into dest with it when we stopped playing. This time around we figured we'd just rush one for her, tcow it to 120 and kinda just pick up where she left off.

ChuckNoRis wrote:@OP make sure you can distinguish betewen the replies about the elemental build and the replies about the regular treewarden build . don't make a mess in your toughts :D

Honestly it looks like you're the only one referring to the elemental build, which we both think is pretty cool, having 2 types of damage in such high numbers. I know the character screen can lie but it's saying 8k-74k dmg on wildfire, 57k-85k on poison flash.

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. She'll have a lot to read later today :)

@Metalistas, is blue still the official sarcasm color? lol.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Shovelspoon wrote:Honestly it looks like you're the only one referring to the elemental build, which we both think is pretty cool
then i'll be glad to finish updating it today after i get home from work (if i don't forget :lol: )

Shovelspoon wrote:is blue still the official sarcasm color? lol.
yes it is :)
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yes, it was a bit sarcasm. But set works well too. You just need to adapt whole concept of that build and leave SUs in the stash just for the sake of having full set bonuses and aura. After you do that, the remaining item spots are filled intuitionally and char becomes fast moving hard hiting ball of fun.