SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
nakieon
Destroyer
6 | 1
Wulf wrote:
Weden wrote:Can someone show how crafted greatsword looks and step by step guide how to craft it?

find any sacred great sword -> if its not rare, make it rare with charsi imbue quest -> cube the rare gs with any shrine, it rerolls the rare into a new item with 4 random affixes and shrine stats. keep rerolling until you get 165-200% enhanced dmg and 250-310 max dmg.

Does 250-310 max dmg need to be it's own modifier on the item, or do you mean on the white part of the weapon where it says it's min/max dmg after all modifiers were taken in account? For example I'm having trouble knowing whether this is a good craft or a bad one. It says 147-321 at the top but the modifiers are 200 ed and 3-165 dmg.

Droggo
Vampiress
35 | 0
nakieon wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Weden wrote:Can someone show how crafted greatsword looks and step by step guide how to craft it?

find any sacred great sword -> if its not rare, make it rare with charsi imbue quest -> cube the rare gs with any shrine, it rerolls the rare into a new item with 4 random affixes and shrine stats. keep rerolling until you get 165-200% enhanced dmg and 250-310 max dmg.

Does 250-310 max dmg need to be it's own modifier on the item, or do you mean on the white part of the weapon where it says it's min/max dmg after all modifiers were taken in account? For example I'm having trouble knowing whether this is a good craft or a bad one. It says 147-321 at the top but the modifiers are 200 ed and 3-165 dmg.

Its supposed to say 250-300 max damage as a blue modifier on the weapon. Image

This is the weapon i rolled, its not bis ED, but i kept it and aban blessed it etc and use it now untill i find a new great sword base. If this is also a bad roll, i hope wulf can point it out :P

With that said, im actually not sure if you're supposed to use the sword as a 2h, or pair it with another making it a 1h
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I recommend to level as poison throwbarb, as it does good damage without any gear and can spam his skill endlessly (low mana cost)
1 point stampede, max out the upgrade (to remove cooldown)
Stampede left at 1 has decent aoe (it pierces) and costs almost no mana (a frequent issue with maxing main attack skills)
then max snake stance. this is our source of damage.
gear: stack +skills, this is the only thing that matters for damage in early game. Snake stance has +35% sinergy per base level and you can max it early. Rest is defense - cap your resist, get as much def as you can. Skip block, not worth it in earlygame.
There you go, easy breeze through acts. Theres even a runeword at level 80-ish (for throwing axes) that gives -19% poison pierce and +10ish to snake stance and yes you can dual wield to gain like +25 snake stance.

Then you can transition to any other barbarian build you prefer to play. Throwing barbs are viable endgame option too ofc.
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
Leveling items 2x Shark (Tier1 War Sword) → 2x Tier2 The Dao of Xiansai → Tier3 → Tier4

I was just wondering, did you really mean War Swords? Those are 1 handed swords.
Or did you mean 2 handed swords such as Flameberge, which can be held in 1 hand by barb and have a higher attack range.

Maybe that's the reason I'm not doing damage at all, because I got myself War Swords.
- I'm lvl 15, following your guide word by word. Wearing 2 Shark War Swords in Act 2 I can't kill normal Mobpacks under 5-6 "pass-throughs" with whirlwind. They are debuffed by wolves, I have Lion Stance activated. Even took my boots off.
Edited by Crowned 2 years.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Crowned wrote:
Leveling items 2x Shark (Tier1 War Sword) → 2x Tier2 The Dao of Xiansai → Tier3 → Tier4

I was just wondering, did you really mean War Swords? Those are 1 handed swords.
Or did you mean 2 handed swords such as Flameberge, which can be held in 1 hand by barb and have a higher attack range.

Maybe that's the reason I'm not doing damage at all, because I got myself War Swords.

Before gale force, WW will be lackluster regardless of weapon. Try levelling with another skill like Earthquake.
wolfyguardian
Destroyer
7 | 0
What should I farm once I did all 5 acts on Hell?
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
i just learned a really important thing... this WW build really face some problems if you play lagged... having to hit like 3 thunder slams to 1 be cast and after more than a half second ur ww hit things... dammm that hurts X.x
IronMan
Lava Lord
96 | 9
Really nice Guide, enjoying WW in the update so far.

One Question though. When you said you would recommend 40-50k AR, did you mean base AR or WW AR? Had some problems in the new zone and now im wondering if i was missing too much? I had around 30k base AR/ 45k WW AR.
IronMan
Lava Lord
96 | 9
wolfyguardian wrote:What should I farm once I did all 5 acts on Hell?

If you managed Baal you prob can do Duncraig or Faunzt. Seems this build is solid at doing these fully packed zones with little gear. Otherwise, maybe farm some sigs in Torajan Jungle. Theres a whole progression list in the guide.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Thinking about run/walk speed affecting WW... I think everyone agrees that it's VERY inconvenient that a character needs to move at snail's pace in order to effectively deal damage.

So what if we politely asked dev team to make slight adjustments to how WW works? Let it set character's speed to its basic (low) value while it's active. It's that simple, no?