The Tantrumdin

mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
RustySpork wrote:Are you talking about the trial of blood for the black road challenge? On XVC you don't have to kill philos. Just the other 2 within 30 seconds of each other.

...Well shit lmao

EDIT: Mind Flay is also a much safer and easier option for doing Mirror Mirror as well, as you don't have to worry about avoiding the glyphs or not killing Baal.
Swap to the staff and use that instead of the bow to boost the number of summons and Mind Flay damage. It will deal enough damage to melt the Shards but wont damage Baal too badly.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
I'm having issues with Akarat right now. Your strategy for killing him doesn't seem to work as intended unless I'm doing it wrong:

I lay down the tantrums and summon him on top of it, but the minions die instantly (because tantrum) which kills me instantly, and Akarat is still alive. Summoning locks out Divine Apparition so I cant use that as an escape.

I managed to kill him once by accident, but "accidentally" isn't a good strategy for trophy farm!

EDIT: Spawning him at either end of the causeway instead of the stairways gives more room to maneuver and run. This works pretty well! Still can't survive if I Tantrum before spawning him, but if I kite him over it like all other mobs it works out.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
mecheye wrote:I summon him which kills me instantly

Dark Summoning not only locks out ranged skills but also knockbacks. Be sure to use it correctly: you have to click RMB with Dark Summoning on it and quickly step out. Point your mouse away, not under you feet. If you point it close to your pala you'll find yourself completely surrounded by his minions.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
Hmm, alright. Ill give it a try!
sacks
Ice Clan
566 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Your The Void video , it's just lucky . I have tried ATMGsin , Tantrumdin with > 10times purify Mendeln , at the time , he has ~1,5px heath bar ... but i cant kill him , and after 2-5 mins , he death ...
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Considering I farmed and sold about 5 of those charms this ladder, I'd say the problem is in your own TV.
sacks
Ice Clan
566 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
This is a nice guild . i can get all charms and trophys ( excepted for Brother Laz ) with a cheap gear . I like play style which not need farm too much . :)
RustySpork
Cultist
24 | 1
Holy crap, the triune. That was kind of rough. But, this is the first character I've been able to do it with. Pretty stoked!
Mountaincreature
Sasquatch
60 | 1
Love this guide. Strong but also really fun to play with. Knife throw proc with tantrum is awesome! :D Also, while I see that some are annoyed by the blink on hellfire plate, I actually think it kind of brings some extra fun and excitement to the character. Makes me be more thoughtful about positioning and avoiding stuff like fire or whatever multihitting spells. They seem to be the most dangerous type of spells anyway ie fire cannonade or whatever it is that the dark prince's use(looks like hundreds of little skulls or something homing in on you) and the blink proc gets you out of there quick! DA makes it not so bad since you can at least get yourself back into a safe position quickly if it throws you smack into a million necrobots!

I haven't found a krys or auhe rune yet, so ive been using the gehenna found and ghal belt. Ive never had a character that could easily clear dfauzt at decent speed and safely and now I can! Will try kabraxis for the first time tomorrow and maybe uldy if it goes well! Most fun character I have played so far! :twisted:
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Glad you're enjoying it. Gehenna already gives path of flames, so while using it there is no need for a Nero belt. That being said I still prefer the Krys runeword over the SSSU: a lot more defence, a lot more consistent elemental dmg especially vs bosses (although when the cannonnade procs it is devastating) and no big FRW penalty.

However if you hate toraja farming the Gehenna + arihan belt combo is a viable (if slightly inferior) alternative to rotundjere + nero. Not a reliable midgame setup of course, unless you get lucky enough to get this very very rare unique helm.

PS. the main farming zone for this character is duncraig where our skillset really shines. People are whining for the entire ladder that the drops there are not worth it, but that's way off the mark. The ~ 500mf (lotto hanabigami + lillith's temptation + lum runes) + deathless full clears combo ,that I achieved with this character, filled my cube with SUs & sets every run.