Lion's Onslaught [Physical Overkill Barb]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
118 | 8
Nah, it's an OP rework, Stampede in almost all circumstances outdamages maxed out Overkill. Also it multihits like hell, at some point I've seen ~10 time strikes proc'ing from Dyers Eve on a single stampede throw in duncraig on a ~10 pack of enemies. For this to happen it has to hit each enemy like 20 times.
termoz
Skeleton
2 | 0
shnurr214 , you should create guide with this information, definitely will encourage some players to try this build.
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
if there is more interest in this I could take this template and write a proper guide for this build. I have really enjoyed playing throw barb and think that the rework of it is very successful. I initially thought the build was too OP but now I think the power level seems good and in line with other strong builds in the game. I think if anything I just play crappy characters and am used to a lower power level usually. I hope we see other reworks this good in the future.

Please make the guide "official"
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
paolo12 wrote:
if there is more interest in this I could take this template and write a proper guide for this build. I have really enjoyed playing throw barb and think that the rework of it is very successful. I initially thought the build was too OP but now I think the power level seems good and in line with other strong builds in the game. I think if anything I just play crappy characters and am used to a lower power level usually. I hope we see other reworks this good in the future.

Please make the guide "official"

Ok, ill make a guide this weekend. I’m traveling now so might be a bit slow to submit it but I’ll polish this up a bit more.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
BearBearderBarb wrote:Nah, it's an OP rework, Stampede in almost all circumstances outdamages maxed out Overkill.

It doesnt tho. The only time when its better than overkill is when a boss is moving and you cant reliably land overkill, otherwise overkill does way more dmg.

shnurr214 wrote:max runemaster

Runemaster is a huge bait tho. Unless you are doing labs where you need the max res (and def), glad dominance is just way better because it gives you so much damage from the crit. Damage is king in this game, thats why you are pumping dex/str/ene and not vit on every build, it is just not worth to give it up for some measly def and max res, none of which you need. But you always need more dmg, its never enough. You can maybe justify using it in scos, but definetly not before. And you get free 30% block (or 40% for 6 skill points) and 150% fbr with it.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Istaryu wrote:
BearBearderBarb wrote:Nah, it's an OP rework, Stampede in almost all circumstances outdamages maxed out Overkill.

It doesnt tho. The only time when its better than overkill is when a boss is moving and you cant reliably land overkill, otherwise overkill does way more dmg.

shnurr214 wrote:max runemaster

Runemaster is a huge bait tho. Unless you are doing labs where you need the max res (and def), glad dominance is just way better because it gives you so much damage from the crit. Damage is king in this game, thats why you are pumping dex/str/ene and not vit on every build, it is just not worth to give it up for some measly def and max res, none of which you need. But you always need more dmg, its never enough. You can maybe justify using it in scos, but definetly not before. And you get free 30% block (or 40% for 6 skill points) and 150% fbr with it.

That’s fair, most of what I do in this game after finishing my charms is just mf scos or labs so I tend to gear for that but glad dominance is probably worth trying out especially pre scosglen.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
yeah, overkill deals more damage, even with 10 hard points... the thing is sometimes overkill doesn't deal any damage, and ofc, if boss is moving you're dealing zero damage.
Calaquendi
Acid Prince
48 | 3
Since we lack screaming eagle to cast as we used to, we're forced to search for other debuffs to cast, such as colosseum
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Calaquendi wrote:Since we lack screaming eagle to cast as we used to, we're forced to search for other debuffs to cast, such as colosseum

with colessium you need to approach too close to enemy, as a ranged class do you need such sarcrefice
Calaquendi
Acid Prince
48 | 3
Bliyadolubov wrote:
Calaquendi wrote:Since we lack screaming eagle to cast as we used to, we're forced to search for other debuffs to cast, such as colosseum

with colessium you need to approach too close to enemy, as a ranged class do you need such sarcrefice

I'm referring specifically to end game bosses, otherwise no. I will test next season I didn't roll barb this season.