Symbols top left corner with glide

Need help installing the mod?
momope
Lava Lord
98 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Using the glide wrapper the game runs great but every load screen and when starting the game there's letters in the top left corner that cycle through really slowly. I read a fresh install might help, but the problem persists.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
momope wrote:Using the glide wrapper the game runs great but every load screen and when starting the game there's letters in the top left corner that cycle through really slowly. I read a fresh install might help, but the problem persists.

It's a bug with glide. Seltsamuel was able to fix that bug and created d2se for that reason. But he won't tell anyone how he did it. Since there's nobody else who can fix that bug, you either have to use d2se (but then you can't use the launcher. That means you have to install d2 1.13c without d2 being able to update to 1.14. Then you have to do several other steps in order for it to work) or just bear with it.

I personally have the same problem, but I have a ssd as a harddrive. Thus I only wait for about 1 second to load all the symbols.
momope
Lava Lord
98 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
thanks a ton! d2se was tricky setting up but its working really great now. i never would have thought something like d2se fixes a problem like this but it does. thanks for the info
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If i use the launcher then i get the same problem as you.

The only fix i have found for it is to disable "keep desktop composition" under "Renderer" in the glide settings.

Really hope that they get a fix for it before the launcher is not optional anymore, since disabling "Keep desktop composition" will make a ton of screen tearing in all my windows :(
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
Willshaper wrote:If i use the launcher then i get the same problem as you.

The only fix i have found for it is to disable "keep desktop composition" under "Renderer" in the glide settings.

Really hope that they get a fix for it before the launcher is not optional anymore, since disabling "Keep desktop composition" will make a ton of screen tearing in all my windows :(

didn't want to necro this, but did you find a fix?
i want to keep my desktop composition on as well

edit: as of season 22 start, the latest patch fixed my problem
game keeps desktop composition, the alphanumerical characters are gone as well, loading is instant now, good fps in game
there are no words to describe how happy i am, much love and respect to the dev(s)

only setting that doesn't work now is gamma, the game changes it for windows
not a huge deal but this could be fixed as well in a future release