Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hello All, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. So I just updated everything to 2.7 , and when I click play its just the vanilla D2LOD that loads up, not MXL. I also fully uninstalled and re-installed the launcher and that did not fix it. I had no issues playing 2.6 before this. Any thoughts why this might be?

I am on a new ISP, using Ziply Fiber now. But I've checked everything I could think of in the router settings and nothing seems to be a problem (atleast that I can tell).

Thank you in advance for you help.
Zoobedy
Stone Warrior
32 | 7
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Semigloss wrote:Hello All, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. So I just updated everything to 2.7 , and when I click play its just the vanilla D2LOD that loads up, not MXL. I also fully uninstalled and re-installed the launcher and that did not fix it. I had no issues playing 2.6 before this. Any thoughts why this might be?

I am on a new ISP, using Ziply Fiber now. But I've checked everything I could think of in the router settings and nothing seems to be a problem (atleast that I can tell).

Thank you in advance for you help.

I have exactly the same problem.

2.6 worked just fine earlier. Patched to 2.7 and default LOD loads. Tried reinstalling both D2 and MXL several times to no avail.
ieniemienie6
Skeleton
2 | 0
Same issue ..going try my old fix ..delete all mxl file and do launcher update..let know or it worked..
Loko22
Sasquatch
69 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Think every one is having this issue the update broke something think they are working on a fix
ieniemienie6
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hope it didnt mess up all my files:P..seems it installed the mxl files needed for update in diablofolder in stead of median..tryed change destination folder change and now all diablo files are also in mxl folder oops..
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
ieniemienie6 wrote:Same issue ..going try my old fix ..delete all mxl file and do launcher update..let know or it worked..

I did it... now I can launch the game but the old patch... I can't conect to the server (multiplayer) and for that reason I can't update o the new version :(

EDIT: I did update in mxl launcher, and now I even don't get 2.6 characters... only the classic 1.13 version.
Jorjbg
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello folks i do every of this steps but my Launcher still reopen. What more i need to do???
You hit "PLAY" but the Median Launcher just closes and reopen without the game starting?
▼ SHOW SPOILER
Restart your PC. Also make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".
If this keeps happening after the reboot, open the Launcher and go into its settings page, there click on "Application Data" (bottom-right corner) and in the "save folder" find and delete the file "preferences.json" then close the Launcher and restart the PC. If you do not have that file in the folder or deleting it did not solve the problem, then delete the whole "MedianXL folder" (which is the folder that opens up when you click on "Application Data") but first remember to backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player, finally close the Launcher and restart the PC.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Jorjbg wrote:Hello folks i do every of this steps but my Launcher still reopen. What more i need to do???
You hit "PLAY" but the Median Launcher just closes and reopen without the game starting?
▼ SHOW SPOILER
Restart your PC. Also make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".
If this keeps happening after the reboot, open the Launcher and go into its settings page, there click on "Application Data" (bottom-right corner) and in the "save folder" find and delete the file "preferences.json" then close the Launcher and restart the PC. If you do not have that file in the folder or deleting it did not solve the problem, then delete the whole "MedianXL folder" (which is the folder that opens up when you click on "Application Data") but first remember to backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player, finally close the Launcher and restart the PC.

Why do you even need this application? Download both archives from here: viewtopic.php?t=22755 and unpack them into the Diablo II updated to 1.13c folder. You can run the game by clicking on game.exe.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jorjbg wrote:Hello folks i do every of this steps but my Launcher still reopen. What more i need to do???
▼ SHOW SPOILER

For wharever reason, sometimes the javascript code won't run properly. Just force close the application and restart it like 5+ times and it will work