Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:install D2 in internet cafe which using server bootrom

launcher got in loop which install and need restart again and again

► Show Spoiler

Restart the PC. If that didn't solve the issue, backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player (the folder is found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save), then uninstall the Median Launcher, download the latest version from the website and reinstall it.
If, no matter what, you are still not able to download the mod via Median Launcher, then try installing it manually downloading the files using these links: MXL.mpq.dll and extracting them to your Diablo II folder. Both are archives and both needs to be extracted.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
vjru5zl0v3
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
vjru5zl0v3 wrote:install D2 in internet cafe which using server bootrom

launcher got in loop which install and need restart again and again

Restart the PC. If that didn't solve the issue, backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player (the folder is found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save), then uninstall the Median Launcher, download the latest version from the website and reinstall it.
If, no matter what, you are still not able to download the mod via Median Launcher, then try installing it manually downloading the files using these links: MXL.mpq.dll and extracting them to your Diablo II folder. Both are archives and both needs to be extracted.

:bounce: im in internet cafe using server bootrom so everytime i restart PC i need to download everything again, it work like install it on a PC with deepfreezer software, so i need no restart solution if can :(
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Sorry for the late reply wasn't around. In that case you could try only the second part, the manual installation one.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
BloodPuddles
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:Restart the PC. If that didn't solve the issue, backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player (the folder is found here: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save), then uninstall the Median Launcher, download the latest version from the website and reinstall it.

Hey, where do you get those files? I've been searching around a ton and can't find any other than outdated ModDB ones. I just reinstalled Vista so the launcher won't run, and I'm gonna need to know where to get them in the future. I refuse to install Windows 7 again too, just in case you suggest that. This junker is running like twice as good now.

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the original post has them and is 6 months old. I'm assuming those get updated and I can just come back here for them. So if that's the case, thank you for the files.
hulktim
Imp
4 | 0
After kill Baal on hell difficulty an error appears and the game closes:
► Show Spoiler
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
hulktim wrote:After kill Baal on hell difficulty an error appears and the game closes:
► Show Spoiler

Is this reproducible? you get it every time? If you're using D2Stats try to kill Baal without it.
hulktim
Imp
4 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
hulktim wrote:After kill Baal on hell difficulty an error appears and the game closes:
► Show Spoiler

Is this reproducible? you get it every time? If you're using D2Stats try to kill Baal without it.

Thanks. D2Stats is to blame.
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
Hello,

So, each time i want to play median after some break i need to play it guy for some hours. Is there any plan for permanent dep fix?

To the problem how i seeit (i have no it background so please understand) :

For me it seems that adding DEP exception is not working properly, after registry flush from DEP related entries (both manually and using .bat file) im adding it via win data execution prevention tab and manually recheck registry - seems ok (well i have no idea except that something new arrives there). When i try to run both exe files window warning about whatever is not popping but i still catch c0005. When i add admin launch and compatibility to sp3, while i try to run exe files im getting window pop and after running obviously i still get c0005. After each dep change i reset my laptop but i didnt find it related to problem.

I have noticed that after complete removal of dep exceptions, both game.exe and diablo.exe lands in DEP menu as diablo exe. No clue there,

How proper data patch for exe files in regedit should look alike? In both local mahine and user it is looking slight different? How it should be?

Here for example onle looks like
Komputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
C:\gry\Diablo II fresh\Diablo II.exe ~ RUNASADMIN WINXPSP3 DisableNXShowUI

Is there and proper order of managing DEP? First to add admin and SP3 compatibility then DEP or ?

Thx in advance for feedback, please skip telling me about reinstallation and other typical fixes since obviously it didnt work at all.

Edit - just now i managed to turn c0005 into new error while i run diablo2.exe- UNHALTED EXCEPTION: BREAKPOINT (80000003)
game exe still gives c0005

edit x2, after 5 hrs i give up, sorry for wording but fuck this shit
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
When exactly the c0000005 error pops up? What OS are you using? and is your D2LoD original or a pirated version? also is patched to what version?

Problem with a persistent c0000005 error is that 99% of the time is linked to DEP, the remaining 1% can be related to a sea of other things, god only knows.
But there are few procedures to try out, and since you're asking for skip on the typical fixes it won't even be a big list, I'll assume you've read already the ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) section on the first post in its totality:

> Try selecting another video mode and see if the game starts.

> Run the Video Test, can find an entry in the Launcher's settings page, and select whatever video mode it suggests you.

> See if by right-clicking on the original D2LoD shortcut and selecting "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition" in the compatability tab the error still occurs. If yes, revert the changes.

> Go into your 'Diablo II' folder then right-click on "Game.exe" and in the propreties set it to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with WinXP SP3. Then try to run the game.

> Close the Launcher and delete "MXL.mpq" and "d2sigma.dll" (located in your Diablo2 folder), then restart the Launcher and press "INSTALL".

> Try to disable DEP completely in your OS (btw not recommended to keep it disabled): Run the Command Prompt (CMD) as an Administrator -> type: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff -> Restart PC.
You can always turn it back on with this command: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn, especially if it doesn't help.