Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
Hello,

Thank You for answer, regarding what You have suggested.

WIN 10, im using bnet downloaded en gb installery with own cd key.

Ive tried to run not in window - its not helping, ive been trying to click everything in options there - no progress.

Im running all apps as it was written in instruction.

I have played with DEP cmd options, after distable im receiving different error and no-cd popup.

Obviously i tried to reinstall the game many times and cleaned registry as well.

I tried to delete files and redownload the mod, im getting the same no-cd and other error as well.

I might try to install it using different installer, perhaps cd images d do the trick.
fobosollo
Thunder Beetle
50 | 2
Update x3,

So after redoing everything again and again i managed to somehow get it running.
I simply used cd images to do it old way, funny enough even when i have copied it all system asked me for expansion cd ... . I didnt added DEP exceptions, only admin / sp3 compliance to exe files.

I have been researching forums and it seems given problem is unfortunately common one. Using newest installers downloaded form activ-bli$$ can generate such problems. One guy from reddit had explained that reason is because system is storing DEP related infomation "in some other stream" and in some cases reinstallation wont work. In other words somewhere system stored info about files from internet source.

I hope somebody d sove his isues in same way and enjoy median once more. Hyped for 1.3 , see You there.
SkinGolem
Destroyer
6 | 0
My Launcher would stall at installation if I did not have Diablo II installed in the program directory, and would not install at all inside the program folder directory. I manually installed the patch_d2.mpq file named MXL.mpq (renamed the file) and placed it in the directory and nothing occurred with or without change of name. I also renamed 1.2.3.dll.update to *.dll and nothing occurred, so I found the Launcher folder I installed in the first go still existed after reinstalling Diablo II in the Programs folder and now the launcher is installing... but it still says to check the errorlogs on the top and it is looking like it will be an hour or so to complete. I am doing all this in patch 1.14d.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
SkinGolem wrote:My Launcher would stall at installation if I did not have Diablo II installed in the program directory, and would not install at all inside the program folder directory. I manually installed the patch_d2.mpq file named MXL.mpq (renamed the file) and placed it in the directory and nothing occurred with or without change of name. I also renamed 1.2.3.dll.update to *.dll and nothing occurred, so I found the Launcher folder I installed in the first go still existed after reinstalling Diablo II in the Programs folder and now the launcher is installing... but it still says to check the errorlogs on the top and it is looking like it will be an hour or so to complete. I am doing all this in patch 1.14d.

What Windows are u using?
SkinGolem
Destroyer
6 | 0
What Windows are u using?

I am using Windows 10. Also, I initially installed in the Median XL folder (funny, I know) and when I am connected to wi-fi I have the eternal load icon. Offline, I have a play button that I press and says, "restart", so now I am installing in the Diablo II folder. I will browse the pages above if this has already been addressed.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
SkinGolem wrote:My Launcher would stall at installation if I did not have Diablo II installed in the program directory, and would not install at all inside the program folder directory. I manually installed the patch_d2.mpq file named MXL.mpq (renamed the file) and placed it in the directory and nothing occurred with or without change of name. I also renamed 1.2.3.dll.update to *.dll and nothing occurred, so I found the Launcher folder I installed in the first go still existed after reinstalling Diablo II in the Programs folder and now the launcher is installing... but it still says to check the errorlogs on the top and it is looking like it will be an hour or so to complete. I am doing all this in patch 1.14d.

Sounds like you have some permissions problem, or your security program is subtley srcewing you over, in any case 4 things to be noted:
  • It is better to not install neither Diablo2+LoD nor the Median Launcher in the "Program Files" folder if you do not have Administrator's rights. Also would be better to install both of them in the same drive (like both of them in C: or D: or whatever you prefer).
  • Do not rename files unless is explicetely asked of you to do so. Instructions for a manual installation are written in the first post of this thread near the bottom of the first section "Problems & Advices (installation):".
  • There are advices for a successful installation in that very section, take a look.
  • Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
NateTries
Fallen
1 | 0
There are many of us with a brand new error using D2SE and it led me to this thread. Hoping one of you big brains can help out. Using D2SE V 2.2.0

After a few years of no issue we are now getting the following errors after closing diablo 2. The game itself still runs fine and this error only appears after closing the program and doesn't affect the game.

Here is a reddit thread with people all discussing this new error. Maybe a windows 10 update or something?
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/commen ... exception/
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
NateTries wrote:There are many of us with a brand new error using D2SE and it led me to this thread...

This thread, as can be seen from its title, is solely related to errors/solutions regarding MXL. D2SE hasn't been compatible with MXL for quite some time now, additionaly is not a software created/supported by MXL devs... there is not really any suport for it that we can offer; it also hasn't been updated for several years and these type of issues are to be expected at some point.
That said, the error you're experiencing it's harmless (just annoying) as long as you're getting it when the game closes and not while it opens. It is related to one of the latest Windows updates. Maybe this thread will offer some help to you, but again, support for D2SE is not really provided here: How do you prevent windows update?
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
NateTries wrote:There are many of us with a brand new error using D2SE and it led me to this thread. Hoping one of you big brains can help out. Using D2SE V 2.2.0

I second this but I am using the launcher only, not D2SE. It's not a huge problem but it sure is annoying. Also it caps out the launcher amount of game launched (max : 2) even though you closed the D2 window.
Whist pls fix :P
levant
Destroyer
7 | 0
Same problem.How do I fixed " unhandled exception access_violation "
Sorry I was opening a thread in wrong section.