Linux Standalone Median XL Launcher

Need help installing the mod?
trecko1234
Imp
4 | 1
SmokeMaster wrote:Hi, the launcher didn't work with opensuse Tumbleweed. All dependencies are installed. After starting the launcher, i only get an notify "New Median XL 2.6.7 update available" nothing else happens. I would be happy to help testing, if anyone with bash knowledge can look at this.

You need to install median xl, lol. It's telling you that because it can't find the mod files in your D2 install directory. Check for updates, median xl patches, apply the patch and install the mod files.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
@SmokeMaster, sorry for the late answer. I guess this is related to another zenity version (like Fedora). I released a new version (3.6.4) which supports zenity 4. Feel free to try again
vtx09
Invader
9 | 0
The new (3.6.4) works a lot better. I had the same problem as Smokemaster probably because Zenity got updated to 3.99 (ie almost 4.0).
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Oi! is it possible to update the scource for d2stats to a modern one, i can't do it myself and would really like some features from recent d2stats on my linux system, too ;)
Lynderika
Grubber
316 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
metasequoia wrote:Oi! is it possible to update the scource for d2stats to a modern one, i can't do it myself and would really like some features from recent d2stats on my linux system, too ;)

It's pretty easy to replace your d2stats, go to home/.d2launcher/bin/d2-stats and replace the files with the ones you want and upon starting d2stats with the launcher it should be the new one
Do a backup of notifiers you want to keep just in case
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
here's a patch file to get the launcher itself to do the work

Subject: [PATCH] patch to use newer d2stats fork

---
d2launcher | 10 +++++-----
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/d2launcher b/d2launcher
index 01dabb1..28091dc 100755
--- a/d2launcher
+++ b/d2launcher
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@ MXL_PATCH_VERSION="d2launcher-patch.version"

# Urls
wine_native_url="https://github.com/Kron4ek/Wine-Builds/releases/download/7.0-5-proton/wine-7.0-5-proton-amd64.tar.xz"
-d2_stats_url="https://github.com/Kyromyr/D2Stats/releases/download/3.11.5/D2Stats-3.11.5.rar"
+d2_stats_url="https://github.com/Zahariel1942/D2Stats/releases/download/3.12.2/D2Stats_3.12.2.zip"
d2_sigma_loader_url="https://github.com/SyndromeDayna/diablo-2-median-xl-sigma-loader/releases/download/3/sigma-loader.exe"

# Wine
@@ -669,10 +669,10 @@ check_d2stats_install() {
rm -f -r "$D2_STATS_BIN_DIR"
mkdir -p "$D2_STATS_BIN_DIR"
cd "$D2_STATS_BIN_DIR" || exit 1
- local rar_file=d2-stats.rar
- curl -Lk "$d2_stats_url" -o "$rar_file"
- unrar x "$rar_file"
- rm "$rar_file"
+ local zip_file=d2-stats.zip
+ curl -Lk "$d2_stats_url" -o "$zip_file"
+ 7z x "$zip_file"
+ rm "$zip_file"
) &
if ! zenity_progress $! "Downloading D2Stats"; then
rm -f -r "$D2_STATS_BIN_DIR"
--
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
In the new 3.6.5 release, the new D2Stats fork (Zahariel) will be used as default. You only need to force D2Stats Update (d2launcher -> Update Manager)
metasequoia
Cog
206 | 19
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Thanks a lot for this update, code snippet, everything! Love it. For some weird reason, any notifier with a "sound" tag pushes me out of the game and into the open terminal, but simply deleting the sound code solves that. don't need it anyway.

This made my days!
kestik
Prowler
19 | 0
Popping in to say a huge thank you for this! Running on Mint flawlessly. My only questions are regarding some QoL issues I have: is there a way to maximize the glide wrapper window? I am able to scale it which is fine but it'd be nice to maximize it on Linux similar to how WindowBorderlessGaming did it on Windows. And second, is there any way to adjust the gamma at all? Nothing I do seems to work and checking "no gamma" in the glide wrapper settings just makes it hella dark with no ability to adjust.

Either way, thank you again, this is great as the official appimage launcher for Median XL just simply will not work on my machine.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
@kestik you're welcome :) Yes, you can maximize the window in glide wrapper. See the settings in docs: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher?tab ... r-settings
Gamma settings worked once but I can't get it to work at the moment. However, I use cnc-ddraw (btw, there you can set borderless window)