Tempestsucks - Lightning/Cold Sorc

trecko1234
Imp
4 | 1
The skilltrees got updated and no longer load, OP can you update the skilltrees?
Jasontx54321
Imp
4 | 0
Awesome, awesome guide. Followed it and have had more fun playing than any character before. Thank you!
MrAxe
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
The skill planner links don't seem to be working properly. Instead of showing the skill build, it just gives me a blank template page for me to create my own build. I'd very much like to see what the final skill tally is.
MrAxe
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Since the skill planners aren't working I'm feeling a bit lost. I've been focusing on the core skills for leveling, Thunderstone, Tempest, Warp Armor, Snow Queen and Snow Elementals but outside of that I'm not sure where to go. I'm getting near 90 and I get the impression from reading guide that the build changes up. However, if it changes beyond putting 1 point in Witch Blood or Chronofield then I have no idea. Should I be dumping into Shatter for the damage synergy for the Elementals? I haven't been using Abyss mainly because I don't like it. I'm aware of how it works, I still don't like it. Some guidance for this guide would be appreciated.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
MrAxe wrote:Since the skill planners aren't working I'm feeling a bit lost. I've been focusing on the core skills for leveling, Thunderstone, Tempest, Warp Armor, Snow Queen and Snow Elementals but outside of that I'm not sure where to go. I'm getting near 90 and I get the impression from reading guide that the build changes up. However, if it changes beyond putting 1 point in Witch Blood or Chronofield then I have no idea. Should I be dumping into Shatter for the damage synergy for the Elementals? I haven't been using Abyss mainly because I don't like it. I'm aware of how it works, I still don't like it. Some guidance for this guide would be appreciated.

If youre new to sorc in general go for chronofield , its not as OP as before when it also reduced attack speed but its fine now anyways. Go for this one if you are still inexperienced with ubers. If you know your way around the tactics for ubers , smax Witch's Blood (i went with Witch's because im fairly familiar with the ubers already). 1 point in symbol of esu is enough. Force blast , i dont really use it so i didnt bother spending points on it.

I would recommend smaxing Familiars, i got them at lvl 63 wearing full light set and they give me +8 all skills. Besides smaxing Thunderstone, personally i left Tempest at 10 hard points, snow queen and warp armor at 20 hard points each. Needless it is to say that you should have one point in Antimass its a great panic skill. Also 1 point in Nova Charge. 1 point on Ice Elementals.

Thats pretty much what i did and i never die in destruction with this build, thought admittingly full light set is a huge help in that regard.
MrAxe
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Prime_Evil wrote:If youre new to sorc in general go for chronofield , its not as OP as before when it also reduced attack speed but its fine now anyways. Go for this one if you are still inexperienced with ubers. If you know your way around the tactics for ubers , smax Witch's Blood (i went with Witch's because im fairly familiar with the ubers already). 1 point in symbol of esu is enough. Force blast , i dont really use it so i didnt bother spending points on it.

I would recommend smaxing Familiars, i got them at lvl 63 wearing full light set and they give me +8 all skills. Besides smaxing Thunderstone, personally i left Tempest at 10 hard points, snow queen and warp armor at 20 hard points each. Needless it is to say that you should have one point in Antimass its a great panic skill. Also 1 point in Nova Charge. 1 point on Ice Elementals.

Thats pretty much what i did and i never die in destruction with this build, thought admittingly full light set is a huge help in that regard.

I've been thinking about 1-pointing Antimass. So far I haven't really needed it. I do have 1 point in Mana Sweep. But the efficiency has been lessened since starting Terror. Still really good for large groups, not so much for solo bosses. And have been using Arcane Torrent (also 1 point) for Lit-immune.

Ok, so 1 point in Elementals. Now that I wasn't expecting But putting those points in Familiar won't bother me, that was another skill I wasn't sure if I should have been dumping into.

Also, the mid-end game gear listed seems to lack any and all resistance stats. I know the Uber-charms are strong, but are they strong enough alone to maintain my resistances? Am I overlooking something?

Anyway, thanks for the answers.
Hookhookhook
Prowler
16 | 0
Why no familiar? I mean 5 points are already quite efficient. Also since you go for arcane torrent and will have spent 2 points into that tree already.. ?

Personally I like to get it to 5 for every build. If you wanted 10 16 20 are also decent.
DiabloFan
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, I´m really enjoying this build and i've managed to get most of the charms, but I just can't kill Belial! Is there a trick to it? All my minions die within a second and he doesn't drop resistances quick enough for me to kill him.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DiabloFan wrote:Hi, I´m really enjoying this build and i've managed to get most of the charms, but I just can't kill Belial! Is there a trick to it? All my minions die within a second and he doesn't drop resistances quick enough for me to kill him.

Thunderstone: Our main uberboss-killing skill. We throw a rock that explodes into charged bolts on the ground.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
DiabloFan wrote:Hi, I´m really enjoying this build and i've managed to get most of the charms, but I just can't kill Belial! Is there a trick to it? All my minions die within a second and he doesn't drop resistances quick enough for me to kill him.

If you're playing online abuse rejoining - that way you will be damaging Belial with Thunderstone/Abyss near the entrance, die, rejoin, damage again, because he does not heals.

If you're playing SP you will always have to keep the distance between you and Belial if you want to do it without any deaths. Use Ice Elementals to tank them for 2-3 seconds which is enough to cast several Abyss around him. When he casts Burn Nova - escape back and resummon minions, repeat the execution.

If you're playing SP and cannot escape from Belial, online startegy applies but never let him stay 1 screen away from the entrance or close, otherwise he will block it after blinking and body recovery will become impossible. After dying in a distanct place of Icy Cellar, die 1,5 screen away from your body and recover your previous one with gear.

Oh, by the way, if you haven't lured away ratfinks that initially spawn with Belial, no strategy from above will help and you will be dying all the time.