Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Curlyfries117
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
For runewords like Erawan and Wall of Fire does the base of the item matter?
GrosFif
Invader
9 | 0
Curlyfries117 wrote:For runewords like Erawan and Wall of Fire does the base of the item matter?

Yes, check the base items stats in the doc to know which ones are best. some type of armors are better than others, but will have higher str or dex req. Any RW with %ED will be based on thoses stats, so a stronger base item will yield more damage/defense. For example warp blades have hight damage than crystal sword, so the +% ED on a RW will have a greater effect.

Also make sure to create RWs from superior items with good rolls and lucky upgrade.
keithioapc
Invader
8 | 0
@ Solfege - All I meant about the spec advice being confusing was how there was so much of it. Left me uncertain which one I should actually be using. Thanks for the tip about the tower shield for my merc, don't know how I missed that.

@ Aslali - If you can't find Abandoned shrines, Creepy shrines are the next best ones. They give str, %str and crushing blow.
Rainb0w
Prowler
15 | 0
Do i need Sacred items for runewords? Can i make Gehenna in normal Warp Blade? Its almost impossible to find any Sacred Warp Blade.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aslaii wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble getting some of your core gears. Could you recommend some gears that doesn't require shrine crafting? Abandoned shrine drops rarely and farming Fautz with MeleeSorc is really slow.

I'm currently farming Terror TA (7th run btw) for mid-game gear and gear sets drop frequently. What gear set should I keep? Elemental Children? or none at all?

Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
Khany
(only in Warp Blade),
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
. The rest can still be TUs. Also, Creepy Shrines are fine too.

keithioapc wrote:@ Solfege - All I meant about the spec advice being confusing was how there was so much of it. Left me uncertain which one I should actually be using. Thanks for the tip about the tower shield for my merc, don't know how I missed that.

Cool. I removed the Fire/Lightning spec completely the other day. I'll pare it down more as I progress to make it simpler. I'll likely just retool Lightning/Ice so there's only 1 spec through the whole game.

Rainb0w wrote:Do i need Sacred items for runewords? Can i make Gehenna in normal Warp Blade? Its almost impossible to find any Sacred Warp Blade.

No. RWs can be made in Tiered items, but they'll have better defense/damage stats in Sacred items. I've been hearing a lot of people complain about the lack of Sacred Warp Blades. I haven't even found one yet.
immortalsoul
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So is melee sorc viable in end game like ubers and all? I'm doing right now a fire/poison spell sorc, lv 120, dmg is OK but survavibility is a problem
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
immortalsoul wrote:So is melee sorc viable in end game like ubers and all? I'm doing right now a fire/poison spell sorc, lv 120, dmg is OK but survavibility is a problem

Pretty sure the guide explains this all if you just read. It's also in the works of being updated to the new patch.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
immortalsoul wrote:So is melee sorc viable in end game like ubers and all? I'm doing right now a fire/poison spell sorc, lv 120, dmg is OK but survavibility is a problem

Well, it could do most Ubers back in XVI (was hard though), and that was before the damage rework. Things seem much easier now.

If you intend on following the guide to try it, just know that the specs and end-game gear stuff is still a work-in-progress and will likely change as I test more stuff.
keithioapc
Invader
8 | 0
I'm continuing Uber progression, what I'm wondering now is there a list anywhere that says what all the trophies give as an added bonus? Knowing that would help me decide which ones are worth farming. So far I've only got Lord Aldric Jitan's trophy.

Also, I need to vent about the Judgement day bonus. I did it 11 times - and 11 times I got the same guy spawning twice. :( :( :( . Then the 12th time, I got different ones to spawn, but messed it up by getting gibbed by an MIRV a split second before I portaled out. Thankfully the 13th time was the charm - if I was a luckier man somewhere in there I would have found the trophy, but obviously I am not lucky.

My Judgement day bonus strategy was a bit different that what you suggested. I first cleared the cathedral, then went back to the inner cloister and summoned, then dragged the bad guys over into the cathedral, far away from the waypoint (I liked to bring him all the way back into the corner small room in the far north, but that's unneccessarily far). Then I waited for Imperius/Mathael to spawn, and the second they did I town portal'd out. Then I went back in to the waypoint, and summoned the bad guys a second time. This time when Imperius/Mathael spawn, I kill them, then take the waypoint back to town, then run to my town portal, which leads me back to where the first one was waiting - should be able to kill him with 10 seconds to spare, easy. I was just using my standard ice/lightning melee spec.
Aslaii
Prowler
19 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Aslaii wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble getting some of your core gears. Could you recommend some gears that doesn't require shrine crafting? Abandoned shrine drops rarely and farming Fautz with MeleeSorc is really slow.

I'm currently farming Terror TA (7th run btw) for mid-game gear and gear sets drop frequently. What gear set should I keep? Elemental Children? or none at all?

Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
Khany
(only in Warp Blade),
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
. The rest can still be TUs. Also, Creepy Shrines are fine too.

I already have 3 of your core gear(just alternatives). Some mobs at dest Act5 still can 1 shot me. I have 270k def, 80+ resistances btw.

Anyway, is it better to use %TCD than %ED ?

RW items has rlvl of 100 so you can put 5 MOs there. What is the best option of MO to put in the gear ? (for weapon and armor)

fcuk english.