Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
juniperleafes wrote:Is there a reason you do AT/Immersion even though you have Valthek?

for my scos farming build i use mana sweep - however its quite a bit squishier due to two reasons

1st reason is not being able to use vaetias wall which is a powerhouse of defense layers

2nd reason is you have to low on mana to do damage which makes mana shield very ineffective

For labs neither one of these options is really viable thus you get forced into arcane torrent.
drasch21
Azure Drake
168 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
metasequoia wrote:mana sweep is damage capped at 30.000 mana with only few ways to increase, so i imagine that damage is lower than Arcane Torrent and Immersion endgame.

mana sweeps damage isnt really the problem - although you are correct - eventually arcane torrent wins out - not sure at what value of mana thou and im at 53k and its not close(and this is the upper range of mana pool available to source), the real issue is needing to be low on mana to deal damage with mana sweep which then makes your mana shield low which is a huge defense layer lost and also losing out on vaetias wall is to much.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
drasch21 wrote:
boozek wrote:Why cham sockets and not perf topaz do you get more mana with runes?

at lower levels you get more from topaz, but eventually cham becomes better

Using topaz allows you to use 2x Sigil of absolution in set piece despites cham doesn't since rlvl is 83 (higher than 90-10=80). So mana pool is quite the same with topaz or cham, but u win one UMO in each set piece by using perfect gems instead of cham.
To my opinion, Cham is only for weapon and shield, and for armor piece, PGems for rez if needed then topaz.

Circlet (90) : 2x Zayl (+20) + 2xApple (+20) + Invisible (+10) + 2x Sigil (-10) + 1x Idol (or 2 if u push lvl 150) : Idol give you energy (but less than Auriel) and str needed in order to put Sigil into glove & chest. If u have good roll charm, u can use Auriel instead of Idol here.
Gloves + Chest : Same but after sigil : Auriel x1 (better than idol since it gives more energy, and base defense)