MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Strigvir wrote: Dying in the middle of an uberquest means instant restart for non-assassin characters. No "if" or "maybe".

what?
Taem
Slain Soul
2500 | 158
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Everyone is free to have their own opinions, even if the majority of their words is non-constructive whining. I personally feel Whist's proposed changes are terrific; I really like the new font look and feel it matches very well with the game, giving a professional image like something you'd see in a modern game, not a 15-year old game, and I think the idea of removing the pause feature during esc is not only necessary, but critical to the ebb and flow of the MXL experience! I used to play only realms, but now due to time constraints and my love of multires**, I only pay SP and coming from realm play, I can definitely say that having the esc pause "feature" completely dispels the immersion factor for me! It's a gratuitous and unnecessary "feature" that needs to be removed, and to those so bent on having it in their SP experience, might I suggest that perhaps MXL isn't the right game for you then, a game of fast-moving, high-intensity action through and through?

**IMO, Multires makes the game look so gorgeous and pristine, the way it's most likely meant to be seen at, a level at which the artists originally designed each map layout and it shows! Playing in standard resolution is an eye-sore that makes me feel like I'm playing an antiquated game and I'd rather not even bother playing the game at all in this case.

Unrelated, but since an elite group of opinionated posters have also decided to take up "corpse retrieval" to their cause, to those wanting a hand-held care-bear experience where when you die, you respawn with all of your items, I say are you kidding me?!? Okay, I broke from constructive criticism here, but this has got to be a joke! I'm sorry, but if you honestly feel this way, then MXL is definitely the wrong game for you! This game is beloved so much because of features like that that make it difficult and gritty! Just my two-cents on the issue.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
What about making ghost mode an actual feature? Right now it's just a hero without items, in WOW it was an actual ghost. I don't know but if it is possible wouldn't it be fun to lose all spells, abilities and so on and be a stupid ghost with blink, ghost scream (psychic scream) and some ghost busters which hunt you?
Extretimate
Abomination
145 | 6
ghost mode --- sounds like a new uberlevel design, switch in and out from ethereal form (with spell cooldown ofc) (-:
i can see it requiring a lot of strategy, dont know how hard it would be to make though xD
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@Save and Exit Pause Drama:

I can understand why whist would implement this. The feeling of immersion it adds is a nice touch. I don't think the change itself is highly relevant on the end product. But I think the overall impact of this change would be negative, since the big majority of the userbase plays sp. One might say, you can still TP and go back to town, but it isn't exactly the same.
- You might die while trying to go back to town
- On boss fights, there's a chance that going back to town will heal them back to 100%

I know for fact a lot of people play D2 at work. In fact our beloved stoya used to play while attending people on his perfume shop. In these cases, I feel the ability to pause the game in one go is a nice thing to have. I don't really think it can be used for any abuse or that it provides some sort of advantage over MP. So my 2 cents is keep it as it currently is or maybe make it a configurable option (since the change is purely aesthetic).

@taem: actually maps are designed for 800x600 resolutions. If you take a look at passages between areas, like blood moor -> cold plains, or rocky waste -> dry hills, the passages are big enough so that you can never see another both areas at the same time. Additionally, the decoration that is outside map bounds is adapted to 800x600 viewport. For example, on act 2 you have chains of rocks, and behind them there are trees. But if you use a high resolution, there isn't really anything after those trees except for desert. Now, median specific, a lot of maps of uberquests become noticeably easier with higher resolution due to increased power of teleport. Ureh, Triune, Yshari, Dunc, and pretty much any room-based uber is much easier.
OnlyForFun
Cog
204 | 18
If people in MP can handle no pause , why SP players cant ?
I really dont understand , why so hard play normally )
Like everyone , also we got bonus no abusing
Abats
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
whist wrote:A little preview of the bounty task system

These bounty difficulty icons are from D3 character class.
Am I right?

Maybe these look better if it were properly arranged...
► Show Spoiler

I believe that the text can be changed to the "Bronse" "Silver" and "Gold" too
By the way, these are from early D3 difficulty settings which are not used anymore in official game, at least as far as I know.
Firien
Jungle Hunter
29 | 3
I'd be sorry to lose esc to pause too, mostly as it's a measure of convenience, and a reason I never played realm back on classic. When you get interrupted, especially if regularly, taking time every single time to push and enter a TP instead of a single keypress or tab out is a significant difference. Not in time - but in the response you're giving to other people.

Away for more than 5 minutes without pause? Items on the ground start decaying. I don't remember what the duration is for sets/uniques, but not everyone has back-to-back hours of playtime. The generation that grew up with d2 is 30+.
This behaviour or whatever you want to call it is already available in passworded/solo realm games. If you want to stop people from 'seeing the situation' while in the menu, throw a black (or awesome-looking) screen up.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OnlyForFun wrote:If people in MP can handle no pause , why SP players cant ?
I really dont understand , why so hard play normally )
Like everyone , also we got bonus no abusing

When implementing a feature you need a "reason to", not a "reason not to" :roll:

As I mentioned before, there is no considerable abuse linked to how save & exit pauses the game.
Taem
Slain Soul
2500 | 158
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Firien wrote:I'd be sorry to lose esc to pause too, mostly as it's a measure of convenience, and a reason I never played realm back on classic. When you get interrupted, especially if regularly, taking time every single time to push and enter a TP instead of a single keypress or tab out is a significant difference. Not in time - but in the response you're giving to other people.

Away for more than 5 minutes without pause? Items on the ground start decaying. I don't remember what the duration is for sets/uniques, but not everyone has back-to-back hours of playtime. The generation that grew up with d2 is 30+.
This behaviour or whatever you want to call it is already available in passworded/solo realm games. If you want to stop people from 'seeing the situation' while in the menu, throw a black (or awesome-looking) screen up.

Nicely thought out constructive criticism on the issue! And to this point, and Marco's in regards to it not being abusive, I rescind my opinion from before because those are both some very affluent reasons for keeping the esc/pause in sp. I never considered "real-world" distractions taking time away, and then ofc item decay... duh! All reasons to keep pause in! I was only seeing the issue from my perspective, so this constructive feedback helped broaden my viewpoint.