MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Taem
Slain Soul
2500 | 158
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marco wrote:@taem: actually maps are designed for 800x600 resolutions. If you take a look at passages between areas, like blood moor -> cold plains, or rocky waste -> dry hills, the passages are big enough so that you can never see another both areas at the same time. Additionally, the decoration that is outside map bounds is adapted to 800x600 viewport. For example, on act 2 you have chains of rocks, and behind them there are trees. But if you use a high resolution, there isn't really anything after those trees except for desert. Now, median specific, a lot of maps of uberquests become noticeably easier with higher resolution due to increased power of teleport. Ureh, Triune, Yshari, Dunc, and pretty much any room-based uber is much easier.

Ah, very true! What I meant wasn't specifically in regards to the map layout, but with how the gfx of the map look in a higher resolution. For example A4 CS looks absolutely stunning in multires, and you can tell immediately that the artists designed that level in a higher resolution, especially when you can see the whole pentagram in your screen and it looks so beautiful, the artistry, or how the lava in River of Flame seems to bubble all over and look much more real in a higher resolution than it does in a lower resolution, The Hellforge, etc... all clearly designed by the artists in a higher resolution, but shrunk to fit the game and in their standard resolution which causes them to lose a great deal of their beauty. There are other areas besides just Act 4, of course, but that area is the most visually striking with multires imo. I agree that playing with a resolution that is too high ruins the game due to being able to see everything on the map, but to play with a resolution just slightly higher is without par. I can't wait for Sigma to come out with it's higher resolution standard.
Abats
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
Abats wrote:
whist wrote:A little preview of the bounty task system

These bounty difficulty icons are from D3 character class.
Am I right?

Maybe these look better if it were properly arranged...
► Show Spoiler

I believe that the text can be changed to the "Bronse" "Silver" and "Gold" too
By the way, these are from early D3 difficulty settings which are not used anymore in official game, at least as far as I know.

Edit:
Bit better version:
► Show Spoiler

Edit:
Ooops.. sorry for repost.
I want to correct old but it looks like I pushed "quote"
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Taem wrote:
Marco wrote:...

Ah, very true! What I meant wasn't specifically in regards to the map layout, but with how the gfx of the map look in a higher resolution. For example A4 CS looks absolutely stunning in multires, and you can tell immediately that the artists designed that level in a higher resolution, especially when you can see the whole pentagram in your screen and it looks so beautiful, the artistry, or how the lava in River of Flame seems to bubble all over and look much more real in a higher resolution than it does in a lower resolution, The Hellforge, etc... all clearly designed by the artists in a higher resolution, but shrunk to fit the game and in their standard resolution which causes them to lose a great deal of their beauty. There are other areas besides just Act 4, of course, but that area is the most visually striking with multires imo. I agree that playing with a resolution that is too high ruins the game due to being able to see everything on the map, but to play with a resolution just slightly higher is without par. I can't wait for Sigma to come out with it's higher resolution standard.

I agree, good part of mapmaking is that I get to see all maps in full size :D top place is fauzt by far, it looks really friggin amazing!

@Abats: nice ideas right there, keep it up!
Kampfkarnickel
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
whist wrote:[...] As for the body, I already removed the game's "auto-equip feature" when picking up junk items on ground accidentally (so no more noobs losing their gear because they picked up junk while retrieving corpse). Corpse retrieving is meant as a balance feature. Either work to retrieve your corpse, or just leave and lose your progress. [...]

Do you see any "simple" way to fix the problem with Deathlord/stat increasing buffs?

It happened more than once to me that i tried to pick up a body without Deathlord/weaker Deathlord, and couldnt pick up all my items due to full Inventory. Stupid as i was, i died again and decided to simply rejoin the game without getting my corpse(s), losing half my items (the ones with the higher stat req. obviously).

Considering todays less limited character save space, is it possible to keep more than one corpse active or combining them in some way? I'm well aware that this is a rare case and personal stupidity, but still very annoying.

Regarding the much discussed "Pause-Feature" - I personally don't really care, but i understand that in certain situations a quick "esc" can be very helpful. Not to exploit, but for convenience. Of course Ubers like Uldy were meant to be exhausting, but still a single player could as well just cheat the stuff. If they want to get stuff legally, let them rest when they want or need to ( you wouldn't want to waste an hour of the time you just spent because your cat just spilled your drink over your new keyboard/laptop/couch or whatever). It's not like they would really boast about their achievements afterwards.

I still appreciate the Idea and the effort!!! but this might be a small step in the wrong direction imo.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
Myth0s
Acid Prince
47 | 1
I completely disagree with the removal of pause... Sometimes you need to pause the game ASAP, not 30 seconds later when you manage to go to town. So this decision sucks, let it as an option, so if someone wants to play SP like MP he can toggle it on and have the game continue after you press ESC. I use the pause too much, not for escaping death, but simply because I sometimes need to move away from PC.
Whist saying it doesn't change the way it was intended to be played, that's wrong. If it wasn't intended to use the ESC for pause why the hell is it in the game? Don't use your wrong reasoning to try and defend your decision to input something completely unnecessary in the game just because you want it to be like that. If someone wants to play without pause they'll go on TSW, if I want to play the game as I played it for year with the damn pause button, I have every single right to do it.
OnlyForFun
Cog
204 | 18
Myth0s wrote:I use the pause too much, not for escaping death, but simply because I sometimes need to move away from PC.

So what people in MP doing when them need move away from PC? They dont have pause , they going to town , or offline.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
OnlyForFun wrote:
Myth0s wrote:I use the pause too much, not for escaping death, but simply because I sometimes need to move away from PC.

So what people in MP doing when them need move away from PC? They dont have pause , they going to town , or offline.

as mentioned before, with that logic lag should be implemented in SP too, simply because MP have it too?

its really dumb to try to justify that change only because it works that way in MP
Pel
Core Lord
364 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
it was meant not to be possible to pause/exit bcus bnet/mp is a competition and also wouldnt be friendly for the other 7 ppl in the game if u pause it and they just wait for u.
OnlyForFun
Cog
204 | 18
yea , better block SP for median kappa

Realm only mod