MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1497 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
They have it for sale, yes, but how many copies do they actually sell? That's what I meant
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A lot of them. Not only do they get to sell the game for a second time to those who already had it and want the web installer (because its more easy and its cloud), but they also sell it to people who use battle net for other games.
Strigvir
Vampiress
38 | 1
Actually, you don't need to re-buy the game. Entering CD key will add it to the account. At least mine was added.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Strigvir wrote:Actually, you don't need to re-buy the game. Entering CD key will add it to the account. At least mine was added.

That was how mine worked, also totally worth it to add your old CD key there.. Web installer is so much better.
aknazer
Banned
44 | 0
Oh what the character orb is being removed?? The horror, THE HORROR!!!

As someone who was originally introduced to MXL back before the orb was added (friend showed me the mod back in 2009-2010) I'm glad to see this being removed. I felt it made things too easy/a joke if you knew how to properly use (abuse) it and it just felt weird that you were stronger at lvl119 than you were at lvl120. Or at least stronger at lvl119 until you geared up and got the gear/charms/signets from doing lvl120 content. IMO leveling up should almost never make you weaker than you were before and definitely not to the level caused by the Character Orb. I understand minor tweaks to stuff like crit rates and what not to deal with stat inflation (this was why WoW went from +% to +rating as to allow for dealing with increased stats on higher level gear and to not let low-level gear potentially outshine higher level stuff, but I digress), but the stats you could potentially lose when you lose the orb was just so high.

Granted I suspect these are similar reasons to why you're removing it. But maybe others will be less salty about its removal with this explanation (not that you care about their salt).
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The only thing I miss about the orb is blink staying hotkeyed after death. With pax mystica, you have to reassign after every body recovery.
aknazer
Banned
44 | 0
Fumbles wrote:The only thing I miss about the orb is blink staying hotkeyed after death. With pax mystica, you have to reassign after every body recovery.

Well with them removing body recovery that will hopefully be a thing of the past. I agree that having to reassign oskills could get pretty annoying at times, especially when you need the teleport to try and get away.
Abats
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
cant wait..
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2984 | 441
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge