Suggestions Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
MoH
Thunder Beetle
50 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is there a way to put a search bar in the trade forum?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MoH wrote:is there a way to put a search bar in the trade forum?

u can go in Search mode and select to search only in the trade forum section. It will only search in the trade posts that way.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i had an idea about trade forum while taking a shower this morning :D (best thoughts are showerthoughts amirite)

ok here goes

as we all know we can use the search function to look through the trade section for items we need... only issue is that this also will search for things in peoples need list not just offer list so its not the greatest tool for finding stuff efficiently.

so here is my suggestion we create 2 trade forums

one is designated for posting needs

one is designated for posting offers

then we make it so unless its an auction you cannot post in another users trade topic so it doesnt clutter the trade topic and search bar with more item names. voila we dont have to do a super major rework to the forum code and you can easily search through needs and offers and get what you need.

#maketradegreatagain

thoughts?
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
shnurr214 wrote:thoughts?

Separate forums for needs and offers would make players have to maintain 2 lists, and would be a real clutter IMO.

Example: I want to buy a specific item from some guy which is listed on his Offer list. But i don't know what he needs, so i gotta go find his Need list to see if i got anyhting that interests him. Too confusing.

Not being able to search for just "offer" items suck yeah, but i like the current way better than the alternative.

-----

I think that there should be the normal trade forum as there always has been, and be created a new forum for Auctions only, where threads gets deleted after X number of days. (No need for dead auction threads)

This would remove the clutter in the trade forum, and keep the auctions in a single place.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hmm good points.

regardless trade could see some improvement qol definitely i think your idea is at least a step in the right direction.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
ShadowDawn wrote:
shnurr214 wrote:thoughts?
threads gets deleted after X number of days. (No need for dead auction threads)

This is already implemented for trade forum from last ladder. Any thread in trade section which is inactive(no posts or views) for more then 30 days gets permanently deleted automatically. We would have had a 20 page trade forum by now otherwise.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge

Seems like there is enough room to add a trade/auction box on either side of the shout or last post box, or at least somewhere. The way it is now, players can only the view last post in the trade section box. Having a bigger list that shows the last 5 would be nice like we had before. More visibility = more trading. The "last posts" box has a huge gap in the middle. Shortening the time increments from "hours" to "hrs" and "minutes" to "min" etc saves space too.

Auctions could have their own thread and be visible like in the ss above. If its possible, some kind of auto-post when the timer hits zero to let bidders know the auction has ended would be helpful. This would automatically end any disputes about when it ended and who had the last bid, especially when the player auctioning the item isn't logged on.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:Image

Auctions: Reaper's, Eth T1 Glaive, Demonic Touch.

Haha
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
is there a way to direct/lead first time posters to short question thread before creating their first post?
usually its always the same, they ask a question and people advise them to use short question thread next time
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Jaedong wrote:is there a way to direct/lead first time posters to short question thread before creating their first post?
usually its always the same, they ask a question and people advise them to use short question thread next time

Been a member of several forums, and i have never seen a solution to this problem. Even if it's said right at the front page, most new players will completely ignore it and post where they think will be appropriate. (Which more often than not, is in the wrong location)