What is Median XL: Sigma

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Liquid
Azure Drake
173 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Will the skills from all class be the same as XVc version or there will be all new skills??
Enigma
Heretic
410 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:Or maybe people post in the wrong topic. There is already a topic for bad suggestions in this same subforum, but clearly its easier to throw the brilliant ideas anywhere and blame me for being a douche. :P

Sorry, must've been reading both threads at the same time and posted in the wrong one. Will post in the right one now.
DerWeedologe
Lava Lord
94 | 2
i wonder if you put some of these crazy things in it,,,

GitHub Link

Specifically, the Stat range (CTRL + hover on an item)
Greezs and respect for the work :)
Neverywhere
Skeleton
3 | 0
Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm
Inertia wrote:I agree with pretty much 100% of the points. Can't wait. I've literally stopped playing median until sigma so it can be that much more surprising and new.
No pressure or anything. I really hope this goes as planned. Very Happy
Godspeed!

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:43 pm
whist wrote:Thanks to our new GFX artist Inertia, I can now work on the inventory code.

I guess Inertia simply got tired of waiting :D
thequestionguy
Invader
9 | 0
DerWeedologe wrote:i wonder if you put some of these crazy things in it,,,

GitHub Link

Specifically, the Stat range (CTRL + hover on an item)
Greezs and respect for the work :)

They managed to do 22 vs 22 pvp. Very fun imho. I would LOVE to see great pvp features on sigma. Especially some crowded pvp :)
tbm_infrared
Destroyer
6 | 0
Aren't you worried by the time its released the player base will be diminshed? I'm not trying to be a dick im just genuinely saying as time passes less people are playing d2 as other great games come out. All the hard work put in is all im worrying about. And i do realize that there will always be those few loyal players but that alone will not sustain the server in the future.
A New Start
Monkey King
281 | 27
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tbm_infrared wrote:Aren't you worried by the time its released the player base will be diminshed? I'm not trying to be a dick im just genuinely saying as time passes less people are playing d2 as other great games come out. All the hard work put in is all im worrying about. And i do realize that there will always be those few loyal players but that alone will not sustain the server in the future.

It has been 15 years since the release of diablo II, I think that most of the fanbase has already moved on to different games of the same genre: Path of Exile, "Diablo III",... The thing is that: Diablo II is a classic game, think of it as mario (but without the constant remake :roll: ), no matter how many ARPG games I play, I still can't get the same "vibe" that Diablo II and apperantly Median XL give. So in the end, I always come back to median xl to get back some of those noltagic feelings :lol:
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
tbm_infrared wrote:Aren't you worried by the time its released the player base will be diminshed? I'm not trying to be a dick im just genuinely saying as time passes less people are playing d2 as other great games come out. All the hard work put in is all im worrying about. And i do realize that there will always be those few loyal players but that alone will not sustain the server in the future.

Actually, it is quite the opposite. If you keep up with the Diablo 2 community on Twitch, it has skyrocketed lately. Diablo 2 has reached more viewers than Diablo 3 a lot of times. Most of the speedrunners get 100+ and one of them usually has 1k. And all they do is speedrun Diablo 2 (meaning their viewerbase isn't from other games).
Strigvir
Vampiress
38 | 1
Speedruns won't help the mod popularity. Besides, mods (moreso perpetually WIP ones) are banned in speedruns.
Warren1001
Monkey King
259 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Strigvir wrote:Speedruns won't help the mod popularity. Besides, mods (moreso perpetually WIP ones) are banned in speedruns.

Not my point. He says Diablo II playerbase is getting smaller. I'm saying it isn't.