XVI - Bugs & Feedback

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
It's been reported 2 weeks ago :lol:
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
yeah I remember someone mentioning it, but I just wanted someone to re-check it, especially since a few quick-fix patches were applied iirc. xD
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
thequestionguy
Invader
9 | 0
Im very new on Median but i want to share my experiences so far:

* I think there is nothing special about mana and stamina in this mod. In sigma maybe some changes can be made to make them important factors again. Running all the time with never ending stamina or spamming skills without the need of checking mana. So, even mana potions become useless in this situation. Maybe im wrong but so far it looks like this.
* There is also nothing special about elite monsters. For example in diablo 3 (before expansions and stuff), when you see a elite, you know you were f*cked up and start playing serious :) In median, i can see that elite monsters are everywhere.
* I LOVE the idea of uberquests, challanges etc. But there are some problems with the level designs. For example: there are narrow corridors with tree's around, you cant see anything at all, or even there are barrels in that corridor, you cant move & see that time :) It can be a challange maybe, but the trees are annoying, i would like to see my character. Even your character can get stuck in edges, or you cant go back from the entrance or even you enter into some buildings and roof stays there and you can see anything again. Just my honest opinions, no hate, i love uberquests but with these problems kept in mind, they can be better. (Examples are from level challange, kurast etc.)
* There is nothing called gold farming. In vanilla diablo 3 for example (yes it was really really bad) you would need to build a gf gear and start farming spesific routes to finally achieve the desired amount of gold. But in median you can simply put a runeword into throw wep and boom, 10k :) Sell an apple, get 10k :) I think in sigma, this should be fixed. I think its fun to get your gf gear and do runs.
* Rare items everywhere? Maybe im wrong but after some point, every drop is rare. But its not a big problem because there are tiers, sacreds etc.
EDIT: * There should be also some brief descriptions for certian items such as veteran tokens, oils etc. Just my 2 cents.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. Stamina will be addressed in the next version where hard coded stamina will be changed with code edit
2. Elite is basically rare enemy to replace champion (blue name) since they were bugged with life overflow. Wait until you see elite monster (dark green). However to make them as hard as d3 counterpart, it is abit tricky since there is no easy way to scale their stats with player level.
3. Those uberquest were created very long time ago, about 2006 ~ 2007. Considered that modmaker that time still not used to create uberquest yet.
4. Gold farming in medianXL were tedious in early alpha version. It was removed since it is only matter in early game since people can just farm in gold-biased uber Island of the Sunless Sea. New version already addressed those gold exploited. Apple will be the same since those are overpriced for the fanboy.
5. Rare is just item with more than 2 affixes (most of the times), however they are sometimes still outclassed by honorific and some magic item. Rare name is just a concept from old diablo 2.

6. Marco didnt add description since people lazy to read even the basic statue.
EnkerZan
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I found a bug with the Act 2 Exemplar mercenary. When the Exemplar get hit by that cold wave AoE from the unique mob in the east door, one of Mephisto's AoE attacks causes this merc to run to the weapon rack at the east entrance and become neutral. He doesn't move or attack anymore when this happens, even when you port back to town. This doesn't seem to happen when I go west and kill that unique and then Mephisto, only when I go east.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
D2 engine bug, not mxlu. But if you can repeat that bug using that method, modders have long wondered why mercs freeze and that info might help code editors come up with a dirty fix.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
There seems to be a game breaking bug with the new uldyssian that can be reproduced with close to 100% occurence.

Whenever Uldy kills me OR if I leave the area while there is a hoof stomp going, when I come back through the town portal the game crashes and gives one of the following errors: 316 (80% of the time), 852 or 496. Sometimes the client just hangs and is not responding and has to be end tasked. I've had it a few times where I get kicked out of the game with a "connection interrupted" message.

Additional info:
  • I'm playing a sorceress, active buffs are only familliar aura & bloodlust.
  • No debuffs on boss apart from slow target. (Force blast on or not makes no difference - I still get crashes)
  • I did a fresh reinstall from the blizzard installers and also redownloaded median, nothing changed. I am using D2SE if that makes a difference.

Update: this issue happens only on GS 1 for whatever reason ;-|
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
pro bug report right there
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Hello guys first post :flip:

I killed Tal Rasha (LC2) without killing his minions. I still got the red Swirls
I lured him out of the valley of snake into the lost city, he was alone and his invincibility vanished.
Maybe its the way its coded : you only check presence of minions in a radius and not if they are really alive, or maybe its the fact that he went into another "map/area" and it screws the code??
Bug or feature, i don't know, it made the Challenge too easy though ^^

PS: I don't really know my median xl version i might be setting a false alarm :oops:

suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Level Challenge 2 wrote:Do the Binding of Baal uberquest on Terror difficulty and defeat Tal Rasha.

Luring him away from the immunity aura of his minions is a valid strategy if you so wish. No bug here.