Path of Exile

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
what bosses can 1 shot in a4? and regular mobs too
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Depends on your stats.

If you have 75 all res & at least 1000 armour and around 1.3-1.5k hp and have fortify up all the time then nothing. Although malachai's slam (when he goes underground and appears next to you after) will hurt.

If you don't have capped fire res, then dodge Kaom's leap slam.
If you dont have capped cold res then don't go in the centre of the ice statues spawned by doresso.
When you get to the end of the belly of the beast 2 level, there is a piety boss there. She does a lightning deathray attack (kind of like volrath in lc0, but faster spinning), it doesn't 1 shot but does a lot of dmg so be prepared to run in a circle close to her.

That's about it. End boss got nerfed to the ground on normal & cruel since too many noobs cried so you should be ok. Try to dodge as much stuff as possible.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Can't see stats from there but you look fat enough. Still no reave? :lol: I might have some better levelling gear for you.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
i got it, but my dex isnt serious for that. it hurts , iget zero dex from tree lol
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Grab the 30 dex node that's right at the "intersection" where the Marauder and Duelist tree meet (Quickness). That should help a lot. No shame in using a few 20 or 30 stat nodes for a while until you get end-game gear and can craft the stats you need on stuff.

Similarly, I'd also grab "Versatility", which is close to the Marauder start- it gives 20 Dexterity AND 20 Intelligence, and that's HUGE.

Your build looks plenty tanky. If anything I'd say you need more damage nodes, almost all your notables are life/armor nodes. :D

Also jesus, all your gear has life on it. Not a bad thing, but it's also very important to have your resists capped. You could definitely do with some new rings. The rest of your gear seems okay, helm is sort of balls though.

Also, your weapon is alright but you want to focus on physical DPS. Your current one has something like 150 pdps, which isn't bad, but a few chaos will let you upgrade to something closer to 250 pdps, which is a 40% dps increase. The elemental damage on your current weapon isn't bad at all, but since you don't scale elemental damage nearly as much as phys, it's much less relevant. For example, there's a 246 pdps 1h sword for sale right now that costs 5c (requires level 52). Since you aren't scaling damage on the tree very much, you NEED a very good weapon at all times so you're able to remain competitive against mobs.

God, lots of edits, lol.
Edited by Borgin 8 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
y ill invest in dmg later :D
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Yeah, I realized you were in Tempest after saying that, and you definitely have the right idea- you want to be way more tanky than you would otherwise. I'm pretty close to your level in Tempest atm (I think I'm at like 56?), and it's the tankiest character I've ever built, I'm not much for HC.
suchbalance
Team Member
1758 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Nice path of life nodes build :lol:

What are you playing Borgin?
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
In HC, I'm playing a pretty typical tank marauder, prioritizing stun (stun items are insanely cheap), damage is a little low but I only play with friends so they tend to make up for my lack of deeps. I'm like level 56 right now, right before Cruel Malachai (and crew), and kind of scared to even try anything because it's so freaking hard at that point. One of my buds died during the Daresso fight so we're kind of just waiting for him to get back to where we are, which sucks, and another one went forward and started mapping and died. :eyeroll:

In SC, I'm doing a Facebreaker build using Infernal Blow with max AoE (literally every node on the tree, started Scion). Currently sitting at 68% aoe, not using Increased Area of Effect (gem). My Ice Crash is huge, and inc aoe will make it probably take up the whole screen. Unfortunately the build will probably degenerate into Cyclone spam as it's already obvious how much better it is over Infernal Blow/Ice Crash, which sucks but I've never done a Cyclone build so I don't feel too awful about it.

Most of my chars are just in Standard league, nothing horribly exciting but I do have some nice gear on some of them. Haven't really done much with any of them since 2.0 though, so gems/gear are obviously wonky/wrong on some of them, haha.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/vie ... characters