DOOM

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lol its freaking 52gb
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well i have played some hours and i have pretty mixed feelings :D .

+
first of all, game by itself is pretty decent. gameplay is fast enough, monsters hit pretty hard even on third difficulty.
graphics are more or less okay
it feels like doom. guns, monsters , level designs, all this brings me back to nostalgy of d2
some customization. you can buff your guns, armor and prolly something more which i forgot.
style. thats real dope. music is sick, cinematics short, interesting to wach and just epic. really well done.

-
freaking terrible menu. it has two separated clients for sp and mp. wtf is this lol, 2003?
Settings never save (have to turn mouse accel. off via cfg file every game or pc launch). iirc they had same nice stuff in doom3 haha. actually this one pissed me off really hard, they ask 60 eu for garbage they made, and in the end you cant turn that fucking acceleration off inside game options, what a great move lol.
fatalities. thats just fucking pathetic. i understand that this game is multiplatform and they have to count with apes and invalids xbox/ps players, but for fuck sake make it optional. i knew its gonna be ingame long ago from vids and stuff, and my goal was to not to use this trash at all, but game kinda forces you to do it. those weapon point quests kinda have atleast 1 or even two fatality related tasks. on top of that its just pretty uneffiecent to play without it, stunned enemys take good amount of bullets to finish them off and you end up having no bullets at all in the middle of fight. and overall it just feels retarded, you spam ton of ammunitions on still standing enemy... also so far game feels kinda unforgiving, it takes 3-4 hits to die usually (fatality heals), so you end up meleeing mobs just not to start from checkpoint. idk i believe i overact pretty hard but im sick of 1button to win games. when i hear doom, i want to see hardcore fps, rough and tricky gameplay where i shoot enemy from 100 to zero, not another cheesy CODish piece of shit for degenerates who barely can hold mouse in their hands wiouthot help. sadly right now, most efficient way to play seems just to damage enemy to half hp and press F button like a boss. idk mb last difficultyes gonna even it out, we will see.
and OFC CHECKPOINTS, big respect to console animals and def fags, who care aboout their pc-player base that much.

in the end, its not that terrible, its even good actually, when we talk about gameplay ONLY, but when it comes to "technical side" or not sure how to call it exactly, you better prepare to cry, puke, masturbate and pray at the same time, because even in doom2 they managed to do it better lol.
also we prolly should give them credit in the end, considering how amazing was ID last game and even show some respect, because if you compare them to blizzard fags, they actually did it pretty good :thumb:
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm loving every second of the game. The menus are bad, that's for sure. I'm talking about the menu to load up SP, MP, and Snapmap. Terrible load times on the PS4, maybe Xbox as well. The gameplay, imo, is awesome. Glory kills serve a purpose, it gives you emergency health and a bit of ammo, and the chainsaw is great for emergency ammo. Weak spots exist, use them. Quick kills without the melee finishers are done by shooting weak spots. I encourage new players to explore the gameplay before whining about running out of ammo. Switch to different weapons, it's not like you're stuck with just one.

Collectibles, challenges, and exploration (lots of exploration) are great. I'm loving the classic Doom levels, complete with the orgasmic retro graphics. I haven't finished the game yet, but so far, I give it at least an 8/10. I read up on the descriptions of lore/world. It's decent. I don't know if people are just forcing themselves to be critical of the game. I mean, I don't understand it. They're probably forever scarred by the terrible MP beta. Snapmaps are great though!