MXL Sigma: Screenshot Thread

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Can someone post that link "how to annoy your modder part 1 and part 2", should fit here perfectly.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco, please, I'm not seeking for justice, especially for others.
My post was addressed to a blind Sigma fanatics, who think that developer could not make a mistakes or bad decisions and will mindlessly follow him while being absorbed by their imagination full of delusions and denial. It was addressed to some testers as well, at least to those who think they got ascended by participating in the closed beta, deeply immersed in their pseudo elitism.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:Not wanting to generalize the playerbase, there are quite a bunch of people here who i am cool with and get along just fine to this day, but the grand majority (some even veterans, which makes it worse imo) are a bunch of negative nancies who neg the first post they see regarding median as a whole which they dont agree with. I mean its fine if you dont agree, and the negative cookie button thingie is there to be used, but if youre going to neg something at least have the common courtesy to post why. I myself have been negged for petty stuff, including one post where i tried to help a new guy with something median related (granted i was wrong and i admit it, i hadnt touched median or d2 in months so i was out of the loop, maybe it came out as me spreading misinformation idk, but then again people are too quick to judge) ; this is only one of the reasons of many others why myself and a few others which i wont name chose to not be involved in median's discord when it was implemented. I still am fairly active here but not as much as i was before, and the toxicity/elitism i see here is what changed that.

I get it, Sigma is hype, i myself have been waiting for it since Laz announced it round about 7 years ago or so. It doesnt excuse you from being total asshats just because it itched your neckbeards. Cookies are useless, only a number, but its the little things that you do to others that says a lot about yourselves.

Brah stop reading my mind
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@marco I don‘t use reddit since I don‘t like it’s design, so if a piece of information like that slipped past by me, that‘s understandable. My apologies for that.

And no worries, I read that TU post multiple times, since the item rework is the part I‘m most excited for. I‘m still 100% sure that there is not a single mention that resists will be completely redundant in hatred.

Either way, I‘m not interested in pinning you down on a single statement that may or may not have been rushed. I‘ll see how it turns out once sigma is released. Have a nice Christmas.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
At this time, whist shouldve randomly post a picture and everyone live happily ever after.
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I was so excited to come back here and see no less than four new pages in the Sigma Screenshot Thread, only to see one of the most pointless arguments I've ever seen here. So disappointed... Rather there's only ONE tier like classic Diablo, SIX like MXL, or FOUR like Sigma, it doesn't matter because the game is still fun to play, unless you're honestly trying to argue that classic was horseshit because they didn't have six tiers of unique? Ridiculous...
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
I'm excited for the rework and although I will miss the two extra tiers of items perhaps it's for the best. It's my belief that the devs know the game way better than me and although they are human and make mistakes, they must have done this for a good reason.

Bit of backstory on me, I started playing MedianXL just earlier this year around 1-2 months ago and I've lvled each class to 120 aside from Necro which is at 95 so far.

I tend to enjoy playing my Stormcaster zon, since it destroys almost everything except for lightning immunes (which still die they just take longer), and I also enjoy playing my Barb based on Aero's T6 Uber build. I also enjoy playing the other classes like Assassin/Sorc/Paladin and Necro too

I started with barb and followed the Rollo build since I liked the name and the idea of a 2h axe. Barb is very easy to lvl as a starting character and I was able to breeze through hatred without issue even without farming mephy. I did end up farming him a bit later when I reached terror just because I started to need gear even after switching to bear stance. I managed to hit 120 on barb pretty easily in terror cows and didn't have any issues. The same goes for most classes -Stormcaller zon, TreeWarden druid, Poison dart Assassin(insomniac I think it's called?). I only had issues with terror cows with lemurs pally and melee sorc. Perhaps that was a gear issue or a playstyle issue. ((i followed each guide on the forum to a T and used all recommended gear))

Now I noticed some issues with the game like how if you weren't around 90 by the time you kill Terror Mephy you will need to get there or you will get destroyed in act 4. This sometimes caused issues needing to do extra sewer runs or canyon of the magi/tomb runs for exp.

Would a new player enjoy doing this? perhaps so or perhaps not. From what I've learned the exp/difficulty will be adjusted or curved so perhaps we will finish terror at 120 or maybe even 100 and have Destruction complete up to act 3 or 4? To me, that is great news. I will most likely be starting Sigma as a Barb just for ease of use and good farming but I wouldn't mind starting as a Melee Sorc or an Assassin instead.

Regarding items:
Whenever I find a new SU in destruction I would always get so excited, until I learned that most are crap or are just outdated. As Marco mentioned I'm glad they are fixing/updating that. I miss that feeling I get from revealing an item and wondering if it's a gamechanger/build changer. I still want the SSSU items to be the best, but they should simply be an improvement on already great items, and not super op endgame items. Yes I have seen the screenshots and I'm equally excited to see how you could take a build and augment it just based on one item, or change the build around so it works in the opposite way ie a ranged build becomes melee or a melee build becomes ranged but is still viable. Making more skills viable end game would open up many builds to different possibilities, and that's very exciting to me. I'd love to see 20 or more builds just for one class and each one of them totally viable (perhaps it's there already based on the 1.3 SP mini-guide?)

Regarding Bosses:
Could we get a SS or perhaps a video of a uber fight that's been reworked? Astrogha comes to mind since it's a complete suicide run for like 40 mins until the boss falls over. Belial as well although he's much easier. Also has Duncraig been adjusted? farming that uber is painful just because it can take 10-20 deaths just to clear a room, then teleport into another room for even more deaths.

Regarding Farming:

I like farming TA/K3K /Cows but not Duncraig as much due to the invisible barrels and insane poison procs. I can understand if Duncraig has a SU bias and we need to farm there if we want SU's but I want to know if it was toned down a bit or if there were any changes. Perhaps we can see a SS sometime or maybe a video? I'll be waiting patiently.

Regarding EXP past 120:

So how did they rework it? I remember something about testing out a bounty system that gave % based exp on your lvl. I want to know if that is still in the works because I want to hit 140 someday in the new game, but I dont want to grind 100+ cow runs just for a lvl. Questing always felt more fun to me since I had objectives and purpose and it broke up the monotony of grinding.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
geez dude, calm down and write your own experience thread.
dont remind me of my super long post / thread whenever there was new patch
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions