NEED MODERATOR HELP

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Steeeliskt
Dark Huntress
11 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just had a very unfortunate situation happen. Need to discuss with a moderator and I am unsure the best way of going about it.

I posted my first item for sale via auction yesterday, it sold, however once the auction was finished, I did not immediately receive any notifications regarding it. Checked the summary transaction log at the bottom and saw the guys name, sent him a message to meet up for delivery. A few minutes later I received a message with subject "AUCTION" with the body containing the message of basically "this is my first time buying in auction, I am unsure how to get item??". I sent him a message telling him to whisper me, and then another message telling him what game I was in. Around this time I finally got the notification about auction ending, looked at it, did not see any names on the actual notification so it did not trigger any warning signs me. After waiting around in the game for a few minutes I was like wtf is going on so I messaged the guy who sent me the "AUCTION" pm in game (just tried his forum name and it worked)... told him what game I was in, he came in, acted more stupid about not knowing how he is going to get his item and so I gave it to him and foolishly gave him some other advice. Never thought anything of it, but while I was sleeping, the guy who actually bought my item in auction messaged me with his game name and to message him on discord to get him the item.

I feel terrible. I messaged actual auction winner just now and told him what happened and that I will look into this for resolution for him. I got his TG, some other asshole got his item. Funny thing is D2 back in the day taught me about scammers online and how untrusting you need to be, however in playing Median, everyone has been really cool, respectful, drop items on ground, give items first in exchange for TG after. I am just really surprised this happened.

I can post all forum names and screenshots of the pm's etc here but wasn't sure if this was the place. Please reach out to me and let me know best way to get this resolved.

***EDIT***: I just realized when searching through the price check function under the auction, there was coincidentally another 4/2 Gladiator's Rage that sold just before mine, the 'scammer' had purchased the other one so it's possible he accidentally messaged me, he thought he was messaging the correct person. Looks like this might all just be one giant cluster of confusion, however if dude got two gladiator's rage, he should have realized something was off.
Steeeliskt
Dark Huntress
11 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Got this resolved. The 'scammer' returned the sword. Total missunderstanding and coincidence. Two of the same item, similar rolls, sold at same time, for the same amount of TG.

Feel free to delete this thread