Please Help: Character can't enter games?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
Hello all; a few minutes ago I killed baal on destruction difficulty. The game crashed with an error about 10 seconds late as I was picking loot up, and now the character can't join or create any new games at all. Whenever I try it always hangs at the loading screen then tells me failed to join game. I can get into games on other characters but not him. How can I fix this so I dont lose all my charms and gear?
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Must be server problems. I got my game freezed as well. Now can't join (though it still exists). You shouldn't lose any gear if you died less than 5 times without body recovery. But charms and/or gear that were lying on the ground will vanish when the game gets deleted (e.g. if such a situation took place in muling game when you left items on the ground).
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
So when that specific server recovers I should be able to use the character again? I don't care about any items on the ground but I just hope the character isn't corrupted. Were you using GS #10 by chance? the texas one. And it's not that I cant rejoin that game, I cant rejoin or make ANY games at all.
nikolaipka
Core Lord
380 | 17
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can't join/create also ONLY with main char, game crashed while muling. Mule and every single s.... char can play but main one. Wait morning restart and everything will be ok. (gs 3)
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Well, I changed the server and now I can create and join games again. Should have done this immediately after that problem appeared tho... :(
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
Ok whew :p I'll just try a new character meanwhile. Do you know what time the reset happens?
Jammy
Mangler
480 | 126
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Sometimes when your game crashes, your character gets stuck in that game for several minutes. If this is what happened, you just have to wait a few minutes and try again.
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
Stealthmaster wrote:Well, I changed the server and now I can create and join games again. Should have done this immediately after that problem appeared tho... :(

Just changed servers in chat and it worked! I would have had a meltdown if I lost everything :) thanks.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
you can see server restart time here: menu->multiplayer->server info:
https://tsw.median-xl.com/info

Server Info wrote:The servers are restarted daily at 5am UTC (in 6 hours, 10 minutes)
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017