[AM] Aftermath 3.0.3

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Dmitriy Of
Vampiress
37 | 1
Some screens from necromancer class charm arena:
► Show Spoiler
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nice, Dima! How good is spearzon? Do you access this area via great marsh?

Closing normal difficulty with a clean baalrun (first attempt).

Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
This mod looks cool, downloaded yesterday but haven't had much progress yet since there is so much things to learn. Started Javazon but Jab/Charged Strike being spear-only is a HUGE turn-off. So I think I will start with Druid or Sorc.

It seems 3.0.3 will have a way to respec skills, there is no way on the current patch? The Hero Editor that came with the mod can only kinda respec stats but respecing skills corrupts the save file.
FPeace
Sasquatch
61 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anybody playing in groups/how? I don't have a ton of free time but it would be nice to join a party or two here and there :p
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Jampula wrote:This mod looks cool, downloaded yesterday but haven't had much progress yet since there is so much things to learn. Started Javazon but Jab/Charged Strike being spear-only is a HUGE turn-off. So I think I will start with Druid or Sorc.

It seems 3.0.3 will have a way to respec skills, there is no way on the current patch? The Hero Editor that came with the mod can only kinda respec stats but respeccing skills corrupts the save file.

You should start by reading trough documentation in main post. I personally had ultra tough early game, hardest act boss in normal was Andy, lol. Another lesser evil was also annoying and took couple of attempts and prime evils were joke on their background and joke overall (facetanked with fort/frenzy). Cant tell, how hard it is going to be for other classes, but I would prepare to grind some gold in blood moor/cold plains. But maybe thats just barb having pathetic early game (and i have been warned about it aswell). Metalistas, I think, had much smoother playtrough, but now he is stuck at baal, haha :lol:

Main new stats are:
Skill category points- affect your hp and maybe something more.
Skill attitude points- are required in order to level up your skills and maybe for something more.
IML or ILM- required for crafting, max level is 10, needed for crafting and recipes for it.
Encumbrance- dont remember what it does exactly, but you gain it via learning skills.

Srs man, you need to read docs. Even before you launch the game. Its outdated and overall formatting is nothing near to our MXL database, but it still contains all important stuff in there...

FPeace wrote:Anybody playing in groups/how? I don't have a ton of free time but it would be nice to join a party or two here and there :p

This mod has no realm sadly, so only option is hamachi-type-crap for now.

Reasons not to play this mod:

50% chance to cast crash when S&E the game.
MP biased mod in SP (no server).
Doesnt working with Glide.
A1 was x50 harder than A5.

Reasons to play this mod:
Enjoyable gameplay.
A lof of new content.
Many new mechanics.
Overall, this mod rocks. Just in current state, it has certain issues, but if/once Trevor manages to fix them, it will definitely become second best Diablo mod, right after MXL.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mahitovec wrote:50% chance to cast crash when S&E the game.

Actually that seems to happen only if you Alt-Tab out of the game, at least for me. I stayed on the game for hours and S&E'd tens of times and no crashes but the moment I alt-tabbed to read docs and S&E, crash.

Yeah I have spent a lot of time reading the docs, checking charts and whatnot. Getting hang of it now. I started to play Wolf Druid and it seems pretty strong, managed to get money for one lvl (yay). Very slow and hard start but I won't give up. Now I need some skill books to get rest of the boosts.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
People said that this crash thing has something to do with one of new plugins used in this patch, but I dont remember which one exactly, and I dont care that much either, its just annoying and should get fixed asap. :D
I think that early game cancer is the reason, why this mod is that unpopular, and obviously, lack of the server ruins it even more.
Btw honestly, Im not sure how do you play as caster solo, bosses require some decent sustain to be beaten. I DID NOT play any caster tho, so I have no idea what im talking about... :lol:
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
mahitovec wrote: Metalistas, I think, had much smoother playtrough, but now he is stuck at baal, haha :lol:

Ty cio ta paputal :lol:

► Show Spoiler

Btw i was really afraid when exiting the game after Baal died because i got that stupid error. Sometime ago i finish barbarian rescue quest and that error rerolled me back. But not this time.
Also about the boss fight - merc soloed it. I was just standing and tanking damage. :bounce:
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
how do you create runes? So you can get 4 skill 60+ all res? lol
And what does that enforcerer thing means?
how did you upgrade your cc? How im supposed to upgrade mine?
good job
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1.how do you create runes? So you can get 4 skill 60+ all res? lol
Cube rune retreiver from akara or other npc, cube with cube-bank. If you have enough number of rune stones in it, you will get out the real rune.
Use hammer to smash the runes/gems out from sockets if you put wrong one in.

2.And what does that enforcerer thing means?
Enforcer - is a protection to the thing you and me was hopping for :D when i put second rune with +1skills/0.25 resist per lvl - my hp drops to 1. So only gems/skulls for rest of sockets it seems. So in general, enforecer is to protect agains +4 skills.

3. how did you upgrade your cc? How im supposed to upgrade mine?
There are miniboss for each class that drops 4 big potions, each has own efect. Cube with choosen one to get results. Check this, scroll about middle of page where colourfull text is. Read about your class.
► Show Spoiler

You can only get one of 4 lines, when i first read it i was really hoping to get all of them. But ....

4. good job
After your barb rekt Baal - it was big inspiration and motivation for me to do the same !