[RoS] Reign of Shadow 0.84c

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks for the reply.

Jampula wrote:^ Sounds great!

Well I have now completed most of the classes, few comments just for fun:

Amazon: Poison java is crazy strong crowd killer. Poison immunes can be handled with Vehemence and Jab. Stronger single targets can be a problem as they usually have huge poison res (even Poisonous Thrust was worthless) but with enough CB/Slow Jab does the job and knockback is godly if target can be stunlocked.

Poison Java is way to strong and will be heavily nerfed in the next patch. Also there will be new Spear-Amazon skills, so 2-handed Amazon can be played. Bow Amazon will get buffed abit.

Assassin: Propably the most fun char for me. I played Throw/Trap hybrid, worked awesome from start to the end. Deadly Blades multihitting is so strong against both mob and bosses, Chain of Thorns provides nice cc and Hail of Arrows is just bonus dmg on the side. Cobra Strike also helps in ubers. Synergy between those skills is just juicy.

Actually i reworked Deadly Blades tonight. It's very bugged like Splintershot is. Next Version will held a new extra Throwing Skill + Throwing Mastery. Also the "Meele" Skills will get overworked. Psy-Assasin will also get 2 new skills.

Barbarian: Not a great crowd killer but tanky as hell and Splintershot is good bosskiller. Maybe the easiest class to beat end-game content. Iron Skin makes Hatred/Terror a joke, when you put 20 points in it you can literally walk naked on Hatred Worldstone Keep without taking any dmg (I actually tried it :)). Such high dmr/mdr on clod based mod is too good.

Splintershot Barb is by far the best char currently. If u play it with the right on-strike trigger, it's one of the best crowd killers you can get.
Of course Splintershot will get replaced with a new skill and also the Synergies are reworked. 2-3 Extra-Skills are waiting here too.

Druid: Mostly played elemental. Started as fire, dabbled with Wolf and switched to ice at the end of Hatred. It was easy going to the end of Hell. At ubers you start to have problems as you need more types of dmg, that's when you switch to Wolf.

Firestorm will get removed, no worries. Useless Skill, since Molton Boulder is way better. 2 new skills coming to the elemental tree. Shapeshifting will get overworked abit and Summon alot.

Necromancer: My least favorite of all but my opinion is biased as I have always hated clod nec. I started as summoner and quickly switched to bonemancer. Bone Spear and Corpse Explosion clears areas quickly, bosses were a bit slow but still easy thanks to Decrepify and super tanky Golems. I never got him to ubers though... I had this theorycrafted build in mind, me using Bone Spear, Golems tanking and Succubus minion dealing with magic immunes with the help of Conviction aura and Lower Resist curse. Have to try that sometime.

Necromancer is after Barb the best char in my opinion. Summoner + CE is the best combo you can get. Heavy crowd control, Summons do CB, so easy Bossfarming and safety. You may need some heavy gear but from that point it can do everything very fast.

Paladin: Holy Javelin rocks at the end. Clears mobs quickly and bosses can be withered down with Zeal/CB (to save mana) and finish with javelins. Safe to play too, good def/block and Holy Freeze slows the screen ~57% and gives about 4-5k ice dmg end-game.

Holy Javelin is abit to strong and gets nerfed abit. But they will come 2 more Javelin Skills and overall 10 new Skills to the Paladin because it's by far the most least played character in RoS (since ~6 Ladders or so). Not done much here, will do it in the end.

Sorceress: I played a weird Hydra/Melee hybrid. Started as pure Hydra but as it works like a trap, you don't benefit from Laek/Maek so sustaining was tough, that's why I decided to add some melee action to it. Worked great, some survival problems in Hell but I was just rushing with shitty equipment. I beat Baal and for some reason forgot about her. I think melee sorc have potential to be fast uber clearer, she has access to all masteries and there are SO many on striking elemental procs on every piece of equipment.
Pro tip: Save skill points and use unique Zweihander to cast lvl 49 Enchant, if you have maxed Warmth and some points in Fire Mastery it gives great dmg/ar that lasts 20 minutes.

Hydra is also way to strong, due to a wrong entry it get double damage from all mastery abilties (including +spell dmg). This is fixed.
Also there Synergies were changed back to Novas, so its more available. Not much to do here but some new skills + fixes are coming ofc.

Few notes and suggestions:
- Assassins Blade Shield procs "on attack" procs, is this intended? With only Hellfire Torch screen can be filled with fire waves.
Blade Shield trigger since 1.10. I may look into it, if i can remove it...not sure though.

- With Druid it would be nice to see in skill desc the increase of missiles on Firestorm, Molten Boulder and Tornado. Also Firestorm on later lvls gets way too many missiles and causes serious stuttering.
Description for all Skills will get overworked. Did most of them already but some are still needed.

- Druid summons are weird. Spirit wolf has static 150hp and Grizzly 880hp, still they can take quite a beating in Hell. Some skill desc error?
Also, Summons are not bugged. They just have way to much resistance and defense. I reworked all of them to make the summoner tree more available.

- Most of the boss-type superunique monsters seem to have some kind of enrage mode around 25% health when they get much more sturdy? It's a nice idea but most of those bosses can be stunlocked with ease, so in the end they are more tedious than challenging. I would love to see more fast unstunnable bosses without that enrage thing. This is propably a moot point as I know you are making new ubers for next patch.
There is no "enrage mode", dno what u mean here. I have it on my list to make bosses "un-stunable", hopefully it will work.

[/rant]

Overall awesome mod! Can't wait for the next patch.

Thanks, me neither lol.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice to see such heavy changes.

By "enraging" I meant that they take almost no dmg at certain point. But it's propably just diminishing returns of CB (or Static Field proc) as I almost always spec on that. Forget about that note. :)
Making them unstunnable would make fights more interesting and challenging indeed, let's hope you succeed.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Few pics:
Demonstration how crazy Blade Shield can be. Not the best pic I could get but whatever... On attack Firestorm, Lightning, Static Field, Fire Ball, Fire Nova, Corpse Explosion, Fire Sphere, Scorching Wrath and Frozen Orb.

Nostalgizing about the first elite item I found:
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hel rune into it and merc will be happy
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Never used mercs on this mod, they seem to have classic weapon-helm-armor slots so I thought they can't do much.
Rediska
Cow Ninja
1254 | 19
Common Posting Badge
Maybe someone will be interested to know how the kits look.
Some parts are very often repeated,Some characters have not played yet, but only tested :)

Paladin
► Show Spoiler

ama
► Show Spoiler

sin
► Show Spoiler

dudu,Not complete
► Show Spoiler

nekro
► Show Spoiler

var
► Show Spoiler

Different parts of the sets
► Show Spoiler

my stuff
► Show Spoiler
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Damn, thats alot of farming, I guess. Items look beautiful, models are great. Who has strongest uber set in your opinion?
Grinch
Cog
215 | 8
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mahitovec wrote:Damn, thats alot of farming, I guess. Items look beautiful, models are great. Who has strongest uber set in your opinion?

Sp Dupe makes this easy ;)
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
PSHHH!!!!! :lol: 8-)
I believe Mr. Rediska isnt one of those guys... Actually, im pretty confident.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Grinch pls.

On topic about those sets. A lot of them drop in other areas, not only in those small areas you get when combining soulstones + standart of heroes. I remember gambling those rings/amulets many times.