What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Baronjame86
Skeleton
2 | 0
For me it's Cardcaptor Sakura, Yuu Yuu Hakusho and Fate series.
DanteJo94
Skeleton
2 | 0
Gintama and Naruto is my favorite, i often rewatch them
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
have been on slum, because im playing monster hunter world iceborne for way too long
cant watch anime while im playing that game

so while im on holiday for a week, i used the free time to watch couple of anime

1. dr stone new world : typical dr stone story only to be left hanging with cliffhanger because of split cour. wait for part 2 before binge it
2. oshi no ko : one of well produced anime. kinda like dark side of entertainment in japan. have alot of "im genius mastermind" moment
3. tomo chan is a girl : tomboy who kept being treated like a boy. kinda typical romcom anime, although i have halfway through

gonna go back to grinding the game once i get back to my gaming pc
WangJason97
Skeleton
2 | 0
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Baronjame86
Skeleton
2 | 0
I am extremely enjoying how pretty Demon Slayer is. Another anime that makes a good case for the use of 3D animation, and makes it well.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
"Reborn as a vending machine, i now wander the dungeon"

the title of this anime encapsulates the state of the isekai genre in anime as of this moment.

in its defense , the anime itself is a bit better than what you would expect with that name.

its still nonsensical garbage tho.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Small lie will never hurt anyone right?

At Academy Island, everything is settled through "Games" waged for a certain number of stars, with the strongest student being granted the ranking of Seven Stars. Hiroto, a transfer student, unexpectedly beats the strongest empress and becomes the pseudo-strongest in the school! A mind game of lies and bluffs begins!

I will honest that Im starved for survival game genre in anime. Since there isnt any recent one, so I just randomly pick this one without putting any high expectation. Afterall, I just wanted to chill after long gaming session.

Story start strong where our protagonist announced that he is a super genius who managed to get to highest rank and challenge everyone to fight him. Except it was a bluff where he need to infiltrate to find his childhood friend. As episodes goes on, he got challenged by several students that lead to several interest mindgame. The game sometimes look simple, but it become more complex as any people can use ability to change the game rules or apply bonus to themselves.

However, the series gave me average feeling from start thus im kinda expecting that it will just fun pocorn series with cute girls. Many of episodes at beginning look interesting enough, especially when protagonist used his wits to outsmart his opponent. Problem is, as the game become more grand and complex, the battle become incomprehensible that usually resolved with "i have this bs ability to counter your ability". While i appreciate the series for animate effect like UI / floating text, the series lack on animation aspect.

Average at beginning, super bad toward the end. I got bored and I dont think I can recommend the series despite the premise have potential to be super interesting. Not even cute girls can save this anime.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
There is nothing stronger than.... FAMILY
Tetsuo Tosu never expected his daughter, Reika, to be a victim of domestic violence. Suspecting that her yakuza boyfriend, Nobuto Matori, is the perpetrator, Tetsuo decides to investigate him and his associates. But as he searches for evidence at Reika's apartment, the father learns that his daughter is not the first victim and that a worse fate awaits her.

When he is discovered by Nobuto, Tetsuo ends up killing him in the ensuing fight. Assisted by his wife, Tetsuo hides the body in fear of retaliation from the yakuza. To add to the misfortune of the Tosu family, Nobuto happens to be the son of the mafia's head. Considered to be prime suspects behind Nobuto's disappearance, Tetsuo and his wife will have to deploy all their ingenuity to protect their daughter from the yakuza and their ruthless investigation.

One of anime that I saw on recommended anime from this year. Considered I need some of sort thriller as well as dark story, I thought this would be perfect to start. Especially after watching subpar mindgame anime previously.

I will be honest to say I feel super uncomfortable while watching this. While general plot is pretty forward, the story have so many twist and turns that make edging your seat and want to see how the story resolved. The way protagonist and his wife needing to outsmart the criminal gang, while trying to feinting their innocent. Everytime you see how specific problems are cleverly solved, make you felt awe on how resourceful both of them despite it can felt impossible sometimes.

While story which adapt from manga is very strong, there anime production is really lacking in many aspect. While it is servicable for me, it can feel like anime production just simply go for much more lower budget adaptation. You will easily notice many of basic scene like pan, scone and there arent many impact dramatic moment, when it shouldve been. Afterall, it is easy to animate the psychological of protagonist trying to keep his secret from the criminal gang. Many plots arent resolved nicely, which probably better to read the original source material.

MAL scored this average, but I personally feel it is quite good despite many bad part as anime. It could be even that slow burn pacing fit the narrative and maybe manga reader a better studio to adapt this.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes officer, she is thousand years old.
Under the belief that the omnipotent god Mitama will come to save him, Yukito Urabe participates in a ritual to become the new leader of his father's cult. But when the boy drowns during the ritual, he wishes to be reborn in a world without gods or religion.

Reawakening in a completely different world devoid of spirituality. He meets a deviant girl named Aruaru, who introduces him to her village. However, his idyllic image of this world's society is short-lived when he witnesses a public group suicide and learns of the country's end-of-life system: at any moment, the government may order any citizen to die.

Aruaru and her sister are forcibly taken for execution soon after, prompting Yukito to rush to their rescue—but to no avail. In a moment of desperation, Yukito recalls his father's teachings and utters a prayer for Mitama to save them. Seemingly answering his call, a little girl descends from the sky and annihilates everyone who harmed Yukito and his friends. To Yukito's surprise, the girl introduces herself as Mitama.

That one anime that got infamous for using real life video as part of the animation. So, Im kinda already expected this will be fun parody anime although I put low expectation because comedy is subjective.

Turned out that this anime absurdity comedy is exactly my alley. From traditional life in medieval time, our protagonist have to work with his goddess to spread a religion and gather more follower. Protagonist used many psychological tactic that kinda well known in modern era to simpler medieval people. From there, with blessing power from his goddess, he realized that he need to protect the village from the kingdom's cruel emperor. Definitely animation variety is strength of this anime.

As for the bad part of the anime, definitely it depend if you are ok with its absurd comedy as well as terrible 3D CGI. A lot of subject matter in the anime is also is kinda all over place from simple god & follower, to massive cult that revolved around whole kingdom. There is also punchable pervert character as well as loli goddess, including many miserable characters that kinda annoying to look at. Oh, I forgot to mention that there are many scenes in the anime that supposed to be slow & dramatic, it became sped up with less frames.

If you want to watch, just check with first episode first. If you ok with its absurd premise then continue watching until the end. Just take note there are kinda excessive perverted stuff and score on MAL is kinda low.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Kyoukou Suiri or "In/Spectre". Title literally means "investigation of fiction", but i realise that just sounds fucking stupid for an english audience and "In/Spectre" sounds better and quirky since its a "detective anime" but yokai and ghosts themed. Get it? "Inspector"? INvestigation of Spectre? Yeah.

Anyways, title shenanigans aside, its pretty good, even tho the main arc with the Steel Lady was getting old and takes up for most of the first season. It was alright regardless.

The second season is more formulaic in the sense that follows for the most part separate storylines instead of a grand arc like season 1. Which is also alright. If you liked season 1 youre gonna like season 2. If you absolutely hated season 1...you will probably tolerate the next season.

Idk, it was an alright anime for me. Not amazing but just alright.