What anime do you watch?

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
damn i fuhdfjgkjdfgksdhnfg hgddhfgh fucking hate pricilla
► Show Spoiler
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Taem wrote:
Alkaiser wrote:Speaking of manga, who else has read the Claymore manga after watching the anime? I really wish they'd kinda rework that ending, allowing a transition into a second season.

► Show Spoiler

The fucking anime was incredible until the last four or five episodes when it started straying off completely from the anime with their Care Bear Stare bullshit omfg... but it was great up until then. I dl the entire manga once it was finished but lost it before finishing it. Any good?

manga is good, until a certain point when it gets scattered and kinda confusing story-wise. luckily it picks up the pace towards the end. my view might be skewed because I couldn't read it all in one go (was not finished back then); I had to wait for each chapter, sometimes more than a month each. that tends to be frustrating. it's kinda similar to berserk in many ways, even the waiting for chapters, though not that extreme.

Taem wrote:
Quirinus wrote:anyways, if anyone wants to watch berserk, please watch the original anime series first.

Again, totally agree, however DO NOT WATCH IT IN ENGLISH!!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! The voice actors in the English dub are shit and sound like old-school 80's cartoon He-Man but worse if you can actually imagine that. Only watch the subbed version of Berserk!

Yep, 95% of the anime are better when you watch them subbed than dubbed. I completely agree. There are a few rare exceptions (like Golden Boy).

The problem is most people are not used to subs, since many countries dub everything on TV (eg. Germany). It's not so hard to get used to though. Luckily my country always subs, so I have no problem whatsoever (it's also nice for learning other languages, or at least getting used to their sounds and language constructs, so you can learn it more easily later).

Taem wrote:
Quirinus wrote:manga is also sick until
► Show Spoiler
, then it becomes boring and slow as fuck.

There were some pretty good fight scenes in the manga, like the recent sea god one, however I do agree that the goodness ends about right after he fights the;
► Show Spoiler

Yea, there were some good fights later, but I find the story before much more enjoyable - dark and gritty.

hmmm I don't think he's imagining, but it's an interesting view.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Taem wrote:
Alkaiser wrote:Speaking of manga, who else has read the Claymore manga after watching the anime? I really wish they'd kinda rework that ending, allowing a transition into a second season.

► Show Spoiler

The fucking anime was incredible until the last four or five episodes when it started straying off completely from the anime with their Care Bear Stare bullshit omfg... but it was great up until then. I dl the entire manga once it was finished but lost it before finishing it. Any good?

I thought it was really good! The last parts of the story gave me goosebumps 8-) I have all the chapters downloaded from last year. Regarding the last parts of the anime, I heard that the studio making the episodes caught up a bit too fast with the manga and decided not to wait for more material, apparently. /facepalm :-8 Oh well, I just hope a studio picks up the second season someday.

Jaedong wrote:damn i fuhdfjgkjdfgksdhnfg hgddhfgh fucking hate pricilla
► Show Spoiler

Me too!

► Show Spoiler
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marathoning couple of anime over my last weekend (and couple days off)

Sadly, I added couple of mediocre 3minute anime series.
My history should tell everything:
http://myanimelist.net/history/iwansquall

Short review:
1. Psycho-Pass 2: Been long time i watched 1st season, so it kinda ok-ish among my mediocre anime viewing. Apparently MAL user put it much lower, by comparing it with 1st season.

2. Ore,twintails ni narimasu : Something deep that "I didnt get it". Basically, otaku making fun of otaku, that what MAL user said. Said it is comedy, but not my type of comedy.

3. Military! : Skip it, wacky short anime.

4. Punch Line : Hidden gem, depend on your expectation. Premise was interesting but failed at delivering. Another weird / wacky anime (FLCL, Kill la Kill). Cant tell more without spoilering the strength of the series.

5. Oneechan ga Kita : facepalm x11141325234324 another short anime

6. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (assasination classroom) : Should be excellent anime for you guys. Give feeling like Great Teacher Onizuka. However the promising plot feel fall flat near last 1/4 of the series (couple of anime I watched have this rushed last arc thingy; Tokyo Ghoul and Parasyte).

7. Chitose Get You!! : I watched it normally on crunchy roll, wanna try streaming it. Kinda ok for 3 minute anime series. The comedy here is kinda my cup of tea, but feel very slow. I recommended Azumanga Daioh instead

I shouldve double check all my batch downloaded anime...
On positive side, I stockpiled a lot of new one (2015 ish anime).... to my current backlog.....
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This at the moment. Have seen first episodes on youtube up until fight with Shin and i thought it ended there. So glad to find that there is more enemies to kill for Kenshiro.
Will
Mr. Generosity
106 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Special Badge
Unique.
@Quirinus interesting perspective on Sub V Dub... I don't disagree certainly. You didn't mention it but what of Neon genesis evangelion?

I found the voice actors put a ton of effort into the style, tone and emotional affect of their voices, especially when I watch the film or other episodes with commentary turned on to hear why they made the choices they did. It's a rare exception to the rule I feel.

2---Did anyone see the reboots (Evangelion's 3/4 released films, such as "You can not redo"?). I hear they're pretty damn good even compared to what I view as a masterpiece. Personally I'm waiting for the fourth at which

3-About to watch Hellsing-Ultimate. And then the reboot of FMA (Brotherhood, which hopefully will be less drawn out...according to my sis it sounds faster-paced).
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
FMA brotherhood is faster pace compared to the 1st adaptation (it skipped couple of non-important story arc) because it will feel redundant to retell the story all over again.

Both have their own pro and con. I feel homonculus abit focused in 1st adaptation and they branch out the story nicely.

Thank you to remind about NGE reboot. I have it stored somewhere but I havent watch the third movie yet, as well the number 4. I know some theory of overall of the story, but animation still nice to look into.
Will
Mr. Generosity
106 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Special Badge
Unique.
I don't think 4 is out yet... Is it?!!! If so I will watch tomorrow and I'll put a spoiler tag/review :)
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not yet, I guess I read the theory about the movie wrong then. It was long time ago.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/3786/Evangelion:_3.0+1.0

Or maybe it was assumption that movie gonna reboot the non-tv-series part of old NGE (end of evangelion?), I cant remember.
But I do remember that the theory was comparing couple of shots / frames of similarity between old tv series and the movie.
Will
Mr. Generosity
106 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Special Badge
Unique.
I think 4.0 is due this winter from what I read...Just a couple more months!!!