What games are you playing atm? V2

Have something to say or share? Everything else comes here!
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Nightmare Reaper

My favorite retro FPS of 2019 was Ion Fury.

Was.

What a fun game, and the GBA'esque platform levels to upgrade your skill tree are a nice touch.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
mortal kombat 1
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Double corrupted my mageblood in PoE, i now own the best mageblood in the entire league for lightning based builds including the lightning arrow meta going on right now. This is worth easily 500 divines, and thats lowballing it by a lot.

"UNDISPUTED, BEST MAGEBLOOD, IN THE LEAGUE. BANK IT."

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why must animals based game to be so dreadful

Assemble your party. Answer the call. Win the war. Build a deck and fight a series of turn-based combats with up to 6 party characters through the city of Dawn's Point. Each character can unlock a set of unique cards and abilities that can augment your deck in powerful, exciting ways.

As sucker for roguelike deckbuilder, this one of the high anticipated game that I wanted to play. I played many type of them, so I can be open minded and will to struggle at beginning to understand the system.

This game, can simply say is like playing tactic game but with deckbuilder mechanic. You have a basic set of card, 2 starting characters and your job to go through city and fight guards / bosses. As you go along, you will have several choices given, from ability to buy card from merchant or involving in an event. Fight are made in gridbase, where you need to position your unity carefully while trying to manage the combat flow with the enemy. There are several strategy involved, especially each races have their own unique perks.

As I play more and more, I realized that this game isnt fun. The achievement was so easy to reach 100% and the combat is just so tedious. Since experience and reward tied to combat, so you kinda have to force yourself to sloth through dozens combat. RNG in this game also not the type what i considered as fun. There arent much depth where you can abuse crazy combo like most other deckbuilder game. I think the biggest negative is draw system. Different between 1 person and full party revolved around how many junk card you put into your deck.

Sure, it is fun to struggle through for first or 2nd time. But never had i played a game where I just want to be done as fast as this game. There are tons unlockable, but I just dont bother with it.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
To infinity, and BEYOND!

This one of my childhood game that i remembered finished couple of times and the remake was done so it can work for modern computer. The expansion focused more on giving role to pirate, as part of tug-of-war force vs coalition.

I have no idea why suddenly I wanted to reinstall this game and replay it. I remembered playing pirate was hard since everyone will hate you but this time i just want to stick being a good boy and play on ranger side. The game is what I considered one of earliest single player space MMORPG which hundreds of other "players" each with their own motivation & goals. Many way you can progress through the story such as pirate / rob other spaceship, being honest trader & haul for profit or simply being ranger & battle the dominator force.

Actually this HD version wasnt this first remake of the game. It used to have another expansion called Space Rangers 2 Reboot. Aside from pirate story line which i felt annoyed & not the focus on my current playthrough, it just make the game abit more tedious in beginning especially if you playing on the good side. Sure, if you not hostile with pirate, you can keep doing business but at same time random pirate still asking for ransom and killing them will anger all othe pirate. That said, I have expectation correctly to replay this old game.

If you are bored with modern game and dont mind with playing old stuff, then i recommend this. Just take note there will be janky especially revolving arcade black hole & RTS planetary battle.

► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Here we go again, Samurai.

Radiantdire
Skeleton
3 | 0
Playing Mass Effect Legendary edition
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The game review below will some contain some minor spoiler for the game called The Forgotten City
It is highly encouraged you to play the game blindly, as the fun of the game is trying to discover the secret of the game
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Lords of the Fallen (the new one)

Yet another soulslike game that i just had to try out after Lies of P (Lies of P is pretty good btw, closest thing we have so far to a Bloodborne 2)

LOTF is..........ok. I like the aesthetics and its got some interesting gimmicks like the living and dead world thing coexisting.

But damn, the rest is just atrocious. Very bad performance on PC (UE5 games usually do that) and they seem to have taken a lot of things from Dark Souls 2, the worst DS game ever. Its got DS2 enemy behavior, its got DS2 movement, DS2 inertia (its like Luigi but on ice when you run)

Yea. Could be better.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
5 stages of grief, the video game

In this fast paced twin-stick roguelite platformer, you play as an unnamed child ascending an ominous clocktower in pursuit of their lost memories. Harvest and sacrifice souls to grow your power in order to challenge procedural encounter rooms and intimidating bosses!

So many people said this was supposed to be hidden gem of roguelike, yet I struggled at beginning where i get turned off by many of its design. But after sad story that this game wouldnt get its 2.0 release, i just download the beta & play the partially updated game.

And the game is slightly better in 2.0 beta part 1. One of the core mechanic of the game is using health as its currency (hence the title). From there you can use it get powerful relics or upgrade them for the rest of the runs. If you sacrifice too much health, you will find yourself failing left & right. There are 5 areas, going through multiple arenas with monster and fight bosses at the end. The best part of the game is when you get some crazy "shot modifier" which can make you fire like hundreds of bullets in late game.

However, game lacked a lot of stuff that I would like in rogue like. Firstly because the game are revolved around small arena, you will looking at loading screen in between level. Then game by default is simple & slow, where you will use basic pea-shooter until unlock awesome relic by grinding alot. Most of the basic relic are just boring stat modifier and if you unlocking too many of them, it will dilute the relic pool and make your runs worst. Lastly, i think game shouldve been easier at start, then have steeper difficulty curve.

I dunno if im considered im enjoy the time i have with the game. Because it is skill-based, definitely my goal is just to uninstall after getting to true ending. If you fan of those skill based game (binding of issac, dead cells, 20XX and hades), then i can recommend you this game.